Career discussion

• Thread starter crowhop
  • 1,273 comments
Nope. Suspended until the horrendous crashes are finally fixed. I m in WEC now, I straight up refuse to drive 2 hr+ races if the game can crash any second.

I'm kind of in the same boat, my "main" career is WEC, next event is 24hr le mans. I want to do at least 6 hours of it myself, hopefully more, but as people have said a glitch is inevitable in longer races, I'm too scared to try.

Still playing career. Only had 2 crashes since purchase on release date. No landmines ever. In season 3, driving GT3. 4.0 update works fine for me. I like the update to mandatory pit, but learned the hard way that there is window for the mandatory pit. GT3 race at Brno began with rain. Started on wets, then the rain began to move on at lap 5. I was P2, and P1 pitted. I carried on and pitted at the end of lap 6 to put on softs. Came out in P1. Then got mandatory pit notice from crew chief at end of lap 7. Must be a glitch because I already did my pit stop. Ignored all calls to pit until the last lap... disqualified for not pitting. :banghead:

I'm kind of in the same boat, my "main" career is WEC, next event is 24hr le mans. I want to do at least 6 hours of it myself, hopefully more, but as people have said a glitch is inevitable in longer races, I'm too scared to try.
I won the entire race issue free before the first update.

This career confuses me. GT3 championship 100% distance, two races per event combining to make up about 50-60 laps in total lasting almost 2 hours.

LMP1 championship 100% distance, two races (both timed 15m/20m) combining to about 15-20 laps an event. 35 minutes.

And then they throw all the classes together an stick a 3 hour time limit on it. :confused:

Do you think it would be possible now?

I tried the 25hr of Bathurst for fun today (I had no intention of finishing it, just fancied a couple of hours of meaningless racing and lucked into it being my next event) I did 30 minutes of the practice, 30 minutes of qualifying and the game crashed to the PS4 home screen turn 2 of lap 3. Restarted it and was issue free for both of my LMP1 events.

I don't have the faith in the game to go more than a couple hours without something going sideways. Then there's all the landmines, Pit issues, the cooling fans kicking into turbo randomly when in the setup menus but not stopping when you exit said menus. I had to play with damage and penalties off just to be able to finish the GT3 championships, I've been disqualified too many times for getting divebombed by the AI, sent flying off track and in doing so collecting enough cut tracks to be booted out the race. I'd had wet tyres fitting in the dry, dries fitted in the wet...

24 minutes is a stretch at times. Le Man levels of stability are a long, long way away :(

This career confuses me. GT3 championship 100% distance, two races per event combining to make up about 50-60 laps in total lasting almost 2 hours.

LMP1 championship 100% distance, two races (both timed 15m/20m) combining to about 15-20 laps an event. 35 minutes.

And then they throw all the classes together an stick a 3 hour time limit on it. :confused:

I tried the 25hr of Bathurst for fun today (I had no intention of finishing it, just fancied a couple of hours of meaningless racing and lucked into it being my next event) I did 30 minutes of the practice, 30 minutes of qualifying and the game crashed to the PS4 home screen turn 2 of lap 3. Restarted it and was issue free for both of my LMP1 events.

I don't have the faith in the game to go more than a couple hours without something going sideways. Then there's all the landmines, Pit issues, the cooling fans kicking into turbo randomly when in the setup menus but not stopping when you exit said menus. I had to play with damage and penalties off just to be able to finish the GT3 championships, I've been disqualified too many times for getting divebombed by the AI, sent flying off track and in doing so collecting enough cut tracks to be booted out the race. I'd had wet tyres fitting in the dry, dries fitted in the wet...

24 minutes is a stretch at times. Le Man levels of stability are a long, long way away :(
Like I said though, I finished the entire race and won it issue free. It was before the first update, I guess I was pretty lucky.:lol:

Indeed, It can go off without a hitch. I've heard equally both sides of the story. Many people are yet to encounter any real issues with the game at all. I sadly have yet to experience a day without one. My first race after 4.0 for example to fix the AI pitting on the last lap and winning... The AI didn't pit at all. Second race i pitted and selected wet tyres, got given slicks - in a thunderstorm, i restarted the event and started on wets, despite my strategy selecting slicks.

Does the AI co-driver still come in for wet tyres when it starts to rain.. but doesn't get wet tyres unless the player is around/awake to physically change the strat - and so comes in gets slicks, crawls around in 2 gear, comes in... gets slicks, etc etc?

It's the little things like that, that happen in 20 lap races. Looking at the averages, I've played around 250 hours since launch and the games crashed to the PS menu at least 10 times just from the ones i remember. So a crash every 25 hours or so, with race ruining/game stopping bugs sprinkled freely in between. Imagine my interest in playing those odds! :lol:

I'll get that trophy one day, though.

FS7
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sh...-00-The-Project-Cars-Career-Calendar-Database

Kingdeuce86 from the official PCars forums created a database that lists all events in career, tracks used, etc, really great job. Anybody interested in career mode should check it out.
Would really like to see custom championships as that spreadsheet highlights the fact we don't get to use all the cars in the career. It'd be so good to take any car and set up a 10-20 track championship ourselves.

Are all the LMP1 World Championships rounds held in 15/20 minute timed events? I know there is an Endurance Championship that runs them down the line, but is there no middle ground?

Is it really just 15/20 minutes or 3 hours?

Are all the LMP1 World Championships rounds held in 15/20 minute timed events? I know there is an Endurance Championship that runs them down the line, but is there no middle ground?

Is it really just 15/20 minutes or 3 hours?
I think their is a 6,12,24,25 hour races also .

If thats what you were asking

I think their is a 6,12,24,25 hour races also .

If thats what you were asking

I was thinking more F1 style... 40-60 laps.

The LMP1 class specific championship is too short (you spend more time in practice and qualifying! if you skipped these and just did the races... you would finish the entire 10 race season in 2 hours and 55 minutes!, 10 whole races!), and the multi-class championship too long for pick up an play. (Not to mention the ever present risk of crashing to the home screen in these endurance events)

I play a lot in the quick race weekend mode now. Which is awesome, I just wish there was a middle ground. Who would gather up an entire LMP1 grid for a world championship... and have them contest it in a series of 9 and 12 lap races? :confused::crazy:

Tbh i been getting so frustrated at career. The formula AI needs work before i can continue on. I go from destroying the AI on 100% on formula rookie and gulf to getting wrecked in formula c. I got the AI set to 97%. I did had them set to 90% but i wanted it to be a little tougher.

GT4 US Trophy - BMW M3 GT4 - Round 3/3 - Race 2/2 - Mandatory Tyre Stop - 28 laps - Laguna Seca

The race started wet, I'd qualified in 6th but as usual the AI didn't do a very good job off the line and I was in the lead by the first corner. By lap 5 (still raining) I'd broken away from the main pack by 3 seconds but there was still a G55 all over the back of me. (They look a lot like Vipers in your mirror if you squint your eyes a bit)

Lap 6 and I pushed too hard coming out of a left hander, spun and hit the wall giving me suspension damage forcing me to pit for repairs. I watched everyone else zoom by and came back out the pits dead last thinking that my race was over due to the extra stop.

2 laps later the rain was easing off and to my surprise the AI cars started pitting. I thought this was madness because the mandatory window was only 3/4 laps away! This was to prove my saving grace.

Lap 12 and the pit window opens, this couldn't have come sooner for me as my wet tyres were now ruined and the rears were seriously overheating. In for a set of softs which I hoped would last the remainder of the race. I start working my way up through the pack, overtaking cars on track as well as those pitting for their 2nd and mandatory stop.

By lap 21 I was back up to 2nd place, the Ginetta I was battling with at the start was 15 seconds ahead. I knew with my rapidly degrading tyres and stubborn back markers this was too much of a gap for me to catch him.

I finished the race in 2nd, winning the US GT4 Trophy by 2 points!

4h9yea.jpg

PS... This happened at Watkins Glen, I'm the one upside down on the bottom.

dmuyxl.jpg

I still need to find the right AI difficulty on career. I suck at Qualifying so I'm always at the back of the pack and at 70% AI I can finish, at best, 2nd in one race and 6th-12th in the rest of the Clio Cup ending up in 11th in the championship by the end of it due to a really poor race at Oulton Park with a last place finish in the sprint and a 12th place finish in the full race. I'm never going to reach GT3 at this rate. May put AI down to 60%.

I still need to find the right AI difficulty on career. I suck at Qualifying so I'm always at the back of the pack and at 70% AI I can finish, at best, 2nd in one race and 6th-12th in the rest of the Clio Cup ending up in 11th in the championship by the end of it due to a really poor race at Oulton Park with a last place finish in the sprint and a 12th place finish in the full race. I'm never going to reach GT3 at this rate. May put AI down to 60%.

I think you can set the AI for qualifying, then after qualifying, quit back to the main menu and go back to career again. You might be able to change the difficulty again for the race.

I think you can set the AI for qualifying, then after qualifying, quit back to the main menu and go back to career again. You might be able to change the difficulty again for the race.
Right. I had it at 80% the last time I tried qualifying, set a time and was set for 13th, then skipped to the end of session and I was down to 20th. Maybe I'll try qualifying on 50% then race at 70%. I'm at the same pace as AI at 70%.

Right. I had it at 80% the last time I tried qualifying, set a time and was set for 13th, then skipped to the end of session and I was down to 20th. Maybe I'll try qualifying on 50% then race at 70%. I'm at the same pace as AI at 70%.
I haven't played career for ages but what little I did I had set to 70% (nowadays I run quick races at higher difficulty) and I ultimately found it fairly easy to win championships as you don't get consistent AI rivals who always finish high up, it's more random than that, and as such the AI share the points a bit too much, leaving the player able to mop up and win without even finishing first.

I wish we had a rival system in place.

Dont skip to end of session it is a bug. Just use it for practice or sit in the pits and let the timer time out or shorten the lenght then change it back for the race

I haven't played career for ages but what little I did I had set to 70% (nowadays I run quick races at higher difficulty) and I ultimately found it fairly easy to win championships as you don't get consistent AI rivals who always finish high up, it's more random than that, and as such the AI share the points a bit too much, leaving the player able to mop up and win without even finishing first.

I wish we had a rival system in place.
Yeah, a different driver won every race and until Oulton Park I was in 2nd in the championship tied with first.
Dont skip to end of session it is a bug. Just use it for practice or sit in the pits and let the timer time out or shorten the lenght then change it back for the race
Alright. Here's videos of me racing against 70% AI:

I also returned to the career this week, hoping that more issues would be resolved since the last time I played it. I picked up my GT3 career again where I left off, being the Euro Series race at the Nürburgring. After finishing 5th in the Sprint race (only qualified 20th) I was determined to do better in the Main race, having qualified 10th. Then, in 21/30 laps, I hit a landmine at the end of the main stretch and that was the end of it... Still so frustrating at times...

I also returned to the career this week, hoping that more issues would be resolved since the last time I played it. I picked up my GT3 career again where I left off, being the Euro Series race at the Nürburgring. After finishing 5th in the Sprint race (only qualified 20th) I was determined to do better in the Main race, having qualified 10th. Then, in 21/30 laps, I hit a landmine at the end of the main stretch and that was the end of it... Still so frustrating at times...
This is why I haven't gone back to mine. At this rate I'll have tuned every car in the game for quick races before I restart my career haha

Really getting into career mode at the moment and luckily haven't have a game breaking bug for all 5 seasons of my current career, all races at 100%

If you set the difficulty right and don't restart a race when you wipeout it can get really tense fighting for points. I've just finished a season in the GT4 M3, won the US GT4 Trophy by 2 points and in the Euro Championships I won 4 out of the 8 races and still only came 2nd in the series due to damage/bad tactical decisions in the other 4 races.
As a result of not winning the Euros I didn't get a GT3 contract offer so I'm going to have to repeat the GT4 season again!

I don't mind thought, the only hard decision is whether to go again in the M3, switch up to the Ginetta, or have a go in the muscle car.

Restarted my career for the 3rd time and finally got it right. At 70% AI I qualified second and finished the sprint race in 1st. In the main race I got from 20th up to 1st giving me 2 wins at Donington. Will post the video tomorrow.

Last edited:
Really getting into career mode at the moment and luckily haven't have a game breaking bug for all 5 seasons of my current career, all races at 100%

If you set the difficulty right and don't restart a race when you wipeout it can get really tense fighting for points. I've just finished a season in the GT4 M3, won the US GT4 Trophy by 2 points and in the Euro Championships I won 4 out of the 8 races and still only came 2nd in the series due to damage/bad tactical decisions in the other 4 races.
As a result of not winning the Euros I didn't get a GT3 contract offer so I'm going to have to repeat the GT4 season again!

I don't mind thought, the only hard decision is whether to go again in the M3, switch up to the Ginetta, or have a go in the muscle car.

Man i really miss GT4. I had a lot of fun in that series. Trying to beat those damn Ginettas every race lol. I gotta go back to it anyway sometime in the future because there is still one cup i haven't won yet in that series.

Man i really miss GT4. I had a lot of fun in that series. Trying to beat those damn Ginettas every race lol. I gotta go back to it anyway sometime in the future because there is still one cup i haven't won yet in that series.

I've got 3 careers on the go, and so far it's the GT4 series I've enjoyed the most, I'm looking forward to doing it all again. The US tracks bring out the best in the GT4s and I agree with you on the Ginettas, they're in the mirror for the whole race, every race.

Restarted my career for the 3rd time and finally got it right. At 70% AI I qualified second and finished the sprint race in 1st. In the main race I got from 20th up to 1st giving me 2 wins at Donington. Will post the video tomorrow.

I just moved to this series after dealing with the terrible AI in formula c. Do you have a setup and if so can you share it with me? The car is undrivable to me. It spins out to easily.

I just moved to this series after dealing with the terrible AI in formula c. Do you have a setup and if so can you share it with me? The car is undrivable to me. It spins out to easily.
Completely default setup with real driver assists. I have no issues with spinning on a DS4. Only "issues" I really have are if I take a really hard kerb and that puts me on two wheels.

Completely default setup with real driver assists. I have no issues with spinning on a DS4. Only "issues" I really have are if I take a really hard kerb and that puts me on two wheels.

Oh. Sigh idk what to do atm. Formula c went bad and now i can't find a damn setup for this Clio cup car. Post patch 3.0 i heard they changed a lot on this car.

Back