Career discussion

• Thread starter crowhop
  • 1,273 comments
There's no age progression, your driver is an eternal being...
stig2.jpg

hi guys, i'm new around these parts but needed to share my excited anticipation for PCARS with other like-minded fellows, plus i have a career-related question!

if i choose to participate in a Formula A championship, for example, will i expect to see around 20 different races within it? and will these consist of whichever actual F1 tracks are in the game now plus a handful of other random tracks, so as to make up the 20 (or so)? i'm interested to know how an unofficial championship of an official discipline is handled.

hope that made sense...

if i choose to participate in a Formula A championship, for example, will i expect to see around 20 different races within it? and will these consist of whichever actual F1 tracks are in the game now plus a handful of other random tracks, so as to make up the 20 (or so)? i'm interested to know how an unofficial championship of an official discipline is handled.

hope that made sense...

I know that all of the career championships are scripted, but I'm not sure which tracks are on the calendar. They've got to be somewhere, but you'll find that a lot of WMD members don't want to do the career mode, as they want to save something for the release.

yes i guess we'll wait and see. a part of me thinks that full championships will be shortened compared to what we'd get in real life, and the Formula A championship can't be the same as actual F1 because of the licenses and the track count. or perhaps it'll be a random selection from all the tracks? issues like this must keep the devs up at night lol

Another career progression question: is it possible to skip tiers when you're working your way up?
You work your way up, contract to contract. I doubt the contracts always work in a perfectly linear fashion.

This is interesting.

With everything on offer in Pcars it would be hard to pick out some kind of a coherent career path to take in all of the different disciplines.

For example the path to Formula one usually begins in karts, going through the smaller formula single seaters eventually ending up at the pinnacle. That in my mind is one drivers career, obviously missing out a great deal that Pcars has to offer.

Of course we could always 'start again', however that would work out, and select a different career path for our drivers. For example, junior Ginettis, Clio Cup, Touring cars, World touring cars, GT3, etc etc.

What would be great in my opinion, is to have more than one driver at a time progressing through each of their own career paths. That way you can flit between the two (or 3 or 4) depending on what kind of driving you fancy on that particular driving session.

This is interesting.

With everything on offer in Pcars it would be hard to pick out some kind of a coherent career path to take in all of the different disciplines.

For example the path to Formula one usually begins in karts, going through the smaller formula single seaters eventually ending up at the pinnacle. That in my mind is one drivers career, obviously missing out a great deal that Pcars has to offer.

Of course we could always 'start again', however that would work out, and select a different career path for our drivers. For example, junior Ginettis, Clio Cup, Touring cars, World touring cars, GT3, etc etc.

What would be great in my opinion, is to have more than one driver at a time progressing through each of their own career paths. That way you can flit between the two (or 3 or 4) depending on what kind of driving you fancy on that particular driving session.

You can have multiple career files and do exactly that.

I have a question about the AI levels. It applies to most areas of the game but mainly to the career.

If it had already been asked and answered, sorry...

I have no idea what my level is compared to the AI. 80%? 82%? 85%? (it won't be much more :embarrassed:)
Is the game going to be able to steer me towards a certain difficulty level, via a mandatory practice session for example, so I can enjoy fully racing against the machine? Or will I have to work it out by myself with some offline races first?

I have a question about the AI levels. It applies to most areas of the game but mainly to the career.

If it had already been asked and answered, sorry...

I have no idea what my level is compared to the AI. 80%? 82%? 85%? (it won't be much more :embarrassed:)
Is the game going to be able to steer me towards a certain difficulty level, via a mandatory practice session for example, so I can enjoy fully racing against the machine? Or will I have to work it out by myself with some offline races first?
Best way will be to do a quick race against AI of your predicted level. You should be able to tell right away if they are too fast or too slow for your and then guesstimate at which level they should be set. Try 80% at first (default setting, if you select "Pro" at the start of the game) and then you can increase it up by about 5% to see how it feels.

Initial AI difficulty will be set by your choice in 'Player Tailoring' when you first start the game. I think when you hit pro there, the AI will be set to 80%, wich will give you a good challenge and don't guarantees you a pole after qualifying. If they are too slow for you, you can raise the difficulty at any time. Same goes if they are too hard or if you are not fast on a particular track.

Think of the career as being more like iRacing where it is your primary task to finish the race cleanly. Wins will come sooner or later once you really get comfortable with a car. Any rage quitting, restarting, wrecking will count against your driver network profile rating.

VXR
It's the prospect of being middle of the pack that's appealing to me the most.
👍👍 If you enter a race with a similar car and already know that you can win regardless, there really is no race to begin with, and the entire career mode is invalid for me. I'm looking at you, game that shall remain nameless.:mad:

👍👍 If you enter a race with a similar car and already know that you can win regardless, there really is no race to begin with, and the entire career mode is invalid for me. I'm looking at you, game that shall remain nameless.:mad:
Or, conversely, if you enter a race with a tiny PP and still win, the same applies.

I have limited experience with Forza, so I cannot know one way or the other. But folks accustomed to the antics of the GT Series seem to stand the most to "gain" with pC. Crafting a legitimate Offline Career mode is so foreign these days. Oh, and the Online modes are better too.

Back