Votes: 12 19.0%
  • Normal

Votes: 27 42.9%
  • Hard

Votes: 18 28.6%
  • Pro

Votes: 6 9.5%

• Total voters
One thing that I've found annoying about career mode is how short the practice sessions are (10 minutes for me). Is there any way to increase that?

One thing that I've found annoying about career mode is how short the practice sessions are (10 minutes for me). Is there any way to increase that?

I think that's the default length if you selected "short" for your career. I know I selected short, and practice/qualifying are 10mins. Races are 20mins.

I think that's the default length if you selected "short" for your career. I know I selected short, and practice/qualifying are 10mins. Races are 20mins.
I thought it might be that, but I selected medium and all of the practice/ quali sessions were still 10 minutes 👎. I'll just do setup testing in single player

I thought it might be that, but I selected medium and all of the practice/ quali sessions were still 10 minutes 👎. I'll just do setup testing in single player
This is why I’m doing a custom championship and not career mode. Full control over length of sessions and weather although I have it on random and I can adjust the AI without restarting etc and it’s an actual championship with points.

Six hours at a Paul Ricard!

That’s two hours at the ‘short’ length, I bloody hate Paul Ricard and it’s stupid lack of flow and decreasing radius corners.

Thanks for demoralizing me lol. Im not looking forward to getting there. Im on short as well

Thanks for demoralizing me lol. Im not looking forward to getting there. Im on short as well
It’s not that difficult (once you get the hang of the two linked decreasing radius corners), just not the most enjoyable.

One factor in the races favour is that at six hours and with a 6 pm start, it’s going to have a nice day to night transition.

Ive just saved a lap after my first stint and driver change, will look to complete it tomorrow or Saturday.

On the driver profile screen my rating is 8641, and I'm silver... last time I looked I was bronze in career.

I think I need to get my safety rating up. It's only 31, but then I'm usually at the front, so not racing closely with any other cars... I'll maybe set up some quick races and start from the back.

Doesn't look like platinum will be too hard to get to.
Yeah liking at mine I’m over 9000 but still silver so no ideas what’s going on then. This is why I wish there was an official guide.

I must be the odd one out then ;-) I don't mind it. My only criticisms are that we should use the F1 track (chicane in the middle of the tooooo long main straight) and that because it is so flat and featureless it can be hard to see the corners, especially for a half blind old bloke ;-)

Some cars run out of puff along the straight too, especially slipstreaming. Odd we can't change gearing in this game. Is this a GT3 rule or something like F1?

Oh and I will have another dig at Porsches too, they hate the turn at the end of the main straight :-))

Six hours at a Paul Ricard!

That’s two hours at the ‘short’ length, I bloody hate Paul Ricard and it’s stupid lack of flow and decreasing radius corners.
I tried to do some practice laps yesterday, first time ever going around that track. I felt completely lost, I think I lost some consistency rating for simply trying to go around that track :lol:.

I know this was mentioned earlier, yet for those that haven't done the wet test session at Misano, you can totally do it on a dry setup with dry tires. It's a misnomer. A dry line will appear after your first or second lap. You do need to be careful applying the throttle on paint or the curbs.

I tried to do some practice laps yesterday, first time ever going around that track. I felt completely lost, I think I lost some consistency rating for simply trying to go around that track :lol:.

Same thing happened to me at Misano. I take the back portion of the course without lifting, and slam on the brakes right before turn 13. :D

I guess they count it as "over driving" the corners. Lost 10 points in CC.

Last edited:
I gave the GP layout a try in F1 2019 last night as well, that's only better on the grounds it puts a chicane in the long back straight, still an awful circuit.

Misano Race Weekend

Q1 Pole 1'35.898 (>0.5s faster than 2nd)
Q2 9th 1'48.949 (4.3s slower than pole... it was wet, and I really struggled to find any pace)

Race 1
Pretty straight forward after the 1st few corners... the 2nd place Hurracan, got alongside me in to turn 1, and I had to stick it out round the outside, block pass him in to turn 2 and then fend him off through the next few corners. After this I pulled out a 2s lead before pitting at half distance with the main pack. Misano pit entrance is a bit more challenging than the tracks I've run so far - it's a much faster entry, and you can lose a lot of time not carry speed through the entry or braking too soon before the line. I actually thought I'd not quite got the limiter engaged early enough, but must have got it spot on as I left the pits in 1st place with no penalty. Held a c.2s lead to the line for the win.

Race 2
Didn't have particularly high expectations for race 2, but it was much more eventful, and turned out all right in the end. Got a really good jump at the start, and made up a couple of places in to turn 1... then somehow slipped through the middle without hitting anything to exit turn 2 in 4th (shame the replays aren't full distance as I'd really like to have seen how I managed it :lol:). Had to defend hard against 5th through the 1st lap, leaving the front 3 to pull a c.4s gap. After the qualifying position, I was comfortable with 4th, so just ran smooth laps, only to see the gap to 3rd start falling. Got it down to 0.8s when they took an early pit stop, so I decided to try and overcut them. Didn't work as I came out after my pit stop still in 4th, c.3s back, with 5th a further 2s behind me. The front 3 then proceeded to disappear in to the distance, whilst 5th closed the gap in a couple of laps - and I was running my fastest race laps (high 35's)! This lead to a very tense last 2 laps, with me defending hard, but held on for 4th.

I now quite like Misano :)

This game is brilliant!

ok, i have completed my first career race! :cheers: on the 3rd try after crashing twice and also a few botched starts not turning my ignition on (from the MFD) and starting my engine in time and then not wheelspinning across the track on pullaway!! So medium length (40 mins) sprint at Zolder.

Qualified in pole, and pulled away from 2nd until i had a 5s lead at the halfway point. Despite an ok pitstop (parked a bit short) 2nd place jumped me at the pitstop and i basically chased him the whole way home within a second for at least 10 laps until my tyres started to feel a little loose a couple laps from the end, but still managed to cross the line 0.7s behind. Great fun!

Tho how can i see tyre wear? Is there an indicator somewhere on the tyre temp / pressure HUD element?

Last edited:
I couldn't sleep so I did my first endurance race in the career this night (it's now 4:50 AM here) on Monza.

The 3 hour race lasted 2 hours (medium setting). I was polesetter in all 3 Qualifyings. But had to go down a lot with the front tire pressure. brake duct in front on 5 and the brakes still get super hot so that my front tyres constantly have between 28.0 and 28.5 psi (24.5 cold!) The left front tyre was constantly running very hot. Around 106°C showed the DDU in the Audi, but I think it shows core temp because in the tyre app the surface was mostly green and only the inner part was yellow to orange.
But I was very comfortable with the tyres since they were still in the operating range. Kunos says 29psi is offically from Pirelli, but "perfect" range is something between 27.5 and 28.5psi.. this is also the range that the real GT3 teams drive their Pirellis.

So in the first two stints I could drive a gap of 17 seconds between 2nd place and me. I didn't attack 100%, I think so around 80%. Didn't want to risk a crash, so I just made my consistent 1:51 times lap after lap.
But then at the second pitstop I hit the pit limiter too late and got a SNG30 .. ok next lap pitting again for the SNG30. Came out of the pits on 8th position. The 1st place was now 40 seconds away and I only had 35 minutes left.
Now I attacked more and constantly drove around 1:49.3 and after 25 minutes I was on 2nd place again. But 1st place was still 24 seconds away, so I finished as 2nd. I had 0.4L of fuel left.... lol... If the winner would've crossed the finish line before the time was up I had to make splash'n'dash. But in the timings I saw him crossing it a few seconds after the time was up.. phew.

Made 63 laps I think and only had 2 off-tracks, one was a minor cut and one was an almost-crash when I lost control in Ascari, but I could catch the car... :D

So much fun.

And my best lap in race with the Audi R8 LMS (2015) was only 0.02 seconds slower than my personal best with the Audi R8 Evo.
Another good thing is that I hit my pitbox perfectly both pitstops.

I couldn't sleep so I did my first endurance race in the career this night (it's now 4:50 AM here) on Monza.

The 3 hour race lasted 2 hours (medium setting). I was polesetter in all 3 Qualifyings. But had to go down a lot with the front tire pressure. brake duct in front on 5 and the brakes still get super hot so that my front tyres constantly have between 28.0 and 28.5 psi (24.5 cold!) The left front tyre was constantly running very hot. Around 106°C showed the DDU in the Audi, but I think it shows core temp because in the tyre app the surface was mostly green and only the inner part was yellow to orange.
But I was very comfortable with the tyres since they were still in the operating range. Kunos says 29psi is offically from Pirelli, but "perfect" range is something between 27.5 and 28.5psi.. this is also the range that the real GT3 teams drive their Pirellis.

So in the first two stints I could drive a gap of 17 seconds between 2nd place and me. I didn't attack 100%, I think so around 80%. Didn't want to risk a crash, so I just made my consistent 1:51 times lap after lap.
But then at the second pitstop I hit the pit limiter too late and got a SNG30 .. ok next lap pitting again for the SNG30. Came out of the pits on 8th position. The 1st place was now 40 seconds away and I only had 35 minutes left.
Now I attacked more and constantly drove around 1:49.3 and after 25 minutes I was on 2nd place again. But 1st place was still 24 seconds away, so I finished as 2nd. I had 0.4L of fuel left.... lol... If the winner would've crossed the finish line before the time was up I had to make splash'n'dash. But in the timings I saw him crossing it a few seconds after the time was up.. phew.

Made 63 laps I think and only had 2 off-tracks, one was a minor cut and one was an almost-crash when I lost control in Ascari, but I could catch the car... :D

So much fun.

And my best lap in race with the Audi R8 LMS (2015) was only 0.02 seconds slower than my personal best with the Audi R8 Evo.
Another good thing is that I hit my pitbox perfectly both pitstops.

Very nice!

Im surprised you had tire temp issues. I run about 28.8 hot all around and no issues with overheating the tires.

The brakes, i run ducts at 1 rear and 2 front. And they essentially stay green all race long at Monza. Maybe you trail brake more than i do? Causing temps to rise more?

Are you running brake pads #2?

I usually lap in the high 1:50s

Just interesting to hear your issues with temps. Ill show you my setup in the morning when i get back from work, its interested in seeing how it differs.

Very nice!

Im surprised you had tire temp issues. I run about 28.8 hot all around and no issues with overheating the tires.

The brakes, i run ducts at 1 rear and 2 front. And they essentially stay green all race long at Monza. Maybe you trail brake more than i do? Causing temps to rise more?

Are you running brake pads #2?

I usually lap in the high 1:50s

Just interesting to hear your issues with temps. Ill show you my setup in the morning when i get back from work, its interested in seeing how it differs.

ok 28.8 would be a bit too high. From 27.5 to 28.5 the middle bar of the tyre app is perfectly aligned with the inner and outer bar. with 28.8 the middle bar would be noticeably larger.

Yes I'm trailbraking a lot I would say. most of the time I only release brake at the apex. The brakes turn orange (in the tyre app) in most high speed braking zones. On straights they are green, but I would like to have them blue because they heat up so quickly, it doesn't matter if they are a bit blue. Better than brake-fading when they are too hot. Also the ABS sometimes couldn't handle it (on 2) and locked the front tyres two or three times... hello flatspots :D

Yes I'm running braked pad #2 in endurance races. #1 only in sprint races. Brake duct front was 5 (with 6 being highest) and rear at 1.

Yesterday I converted the pedals on my rig and made brake and clutch hanging. I have a much better brake control now and maybe I do more trailbraking than before. It's just too easy now doing it lol.
The Build yesterday ---> https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/finally-i-have-hanging-pedals-gt-style.394815/

I'm curious on your setup for the Audi

ok 28.8 would be a bit too high. From 27.5 to 28.5 the middle bar of the tyre app is perfectly aligned with the inner and outer bar. with 28.8 the middle bar would be noticeably larger.

Yes I'm trailbraking a lot I would say. most of the time I only release brake at the apex. The brakes turn orange (in the tyre app) in most high speed braking zones. On straights they are green, but I would like to have them blue because they heat up so quickly, it doesn't matter if they are a bit blue. Better than brake-fading when they are too hot. Also the ABS sometimes couldn't handle it (on 2) and locked the front tyres two or three times... hello flatspots :D

Yes I'm running braked pad #2 in endurance races. #1 only in sprint races. Brake duct front was 5 (with 6 being highest) and rear at 1.

Yesterday I converted the pedals on my rig and made brake and clutch hanging. I have a much better brake control now and maybe I do more trailbraking than before. It's just too easy now doing it lol.
The Build yesterday ---> https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/finally-i-have-hanging-pedals-gt-style.394815/

I'm curious on your setup for the Audi

This is how i have my rig setup.

Once im im work ill get some screenshots of the setup. I do like a slightly softer rear end for compliance but still run based off the aggressive preset.

Your rig is pretty serious. Once i can spend more of my budget on hobbies im definitely getting something similar. 80/20 and huesinkvelds for sure.

Attachments

• 20200626_171231.jpg
    20200626_171231.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Hungaroring Race Weekend

Q1 1'47.052 pole (by 0.5s)
Q2 1'46.704 pole (by 0.6s)

Although purple in 2 of 3 sectors in both laps, T2 is where the gap to the AI came from - they are quite slow in the 2 left/right sweepers. The 2nd lap could easily have been in the very low 46's, but I made a couple of mistakes towards the end of the lap.

Race 1
After qualifying, I thought this would be pretty straight forward. How wrong could I be? Raced away from the start, but then I hadn't noticed the forecast and it started raining towards the end of the 5th lap. Pitted for wets and then noticed all the AI pitting again the next lap. Checked my HUD and it says I hadn't completed my mandatory pit stop as I hadn't changed tyres... WTF? The pit window was open, I changed drivers, and changed tyres to wets. Had quite a few re-starts trying to account for the rain (setting the car up with a wet set up with dry tyres from the start), but even entering the pits with a 3s lead, the AI catches up within a lap... they are super fast compared to me in the rain, and are bumping me coming out of the slow corners when I'm hard on the throttle with TC at 4. Best I manged was to come out 8th after the 2nd stop, only to get punted by the AI because I was too slow. Retired to the pits and finished 16th.

Race 2
Full wet from the start. I was literally a moving road block in this one... I can hold the lead from pole, and even get a bit of a gap on certain parts of the track, but even a tiny mistake has the AI right back on my rear bumper, and if I'm was fraction slow out of one of the corners they just turned me round. 16th.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong to be so slow in the rain, but it's bloody frustrating!

Latest Posts

Back