Votes: 12 19.0%
  • Normal

Votes: 27 42.9%
  • Hard

Votes: 18 28.6%
  • Pro

Votes: 6 9.5%

• Total voters
Not a career mode question, has anyone tried championship mode. I was going to start one tonight but when getting to the choose car screen was only presented with 5 car make options to choose from

Is this mode locked to the very first lambo academy results as well ?

I don't know what happened but after the Silverstone endurance race my CC dropped from 94 to 00. Wtf

I used the save feature a couple times but i didn't get disqualified of anything

Just finished the Lambo beginning test. I was worried about only having a Ds4 but I managed a 1:55.560 on Monza with no setup just adjusted controller settings. I got gold trophy and chose the Audi R8. Havent learned Zolder so thats going to be a problem lol.

Are you 100% sure you're not hitting "Restart event" here? It's automatically selected when you enter this screen. I've never had to restart my whole race weekend so far.

View attachment 937677
Absolutely 110% certain I am hitting resume EVERY time. I am paranoid about losing game progress and so the game must know it and does it to me anyway >:-(

Now having read some more posts following this one it appears that some others are experiencing some funny little quirks(?) with this game as well.

As a few more people work through the career we will see ;-)

I've definitely made a mistake with my car choice...

After struggling with the Honda at the Paul Ricard test I tried the 650 quickly in practice mode and immediately went 1.5s quicker. I then started the Monza endurance race, and couldn't get in the 1'50's (AI are running 49's, and I'm down in 14th place). Again, tried the 650 in practice and was immediately in the 49's.

Not only is the NSX slow, it's difficult to drive as well - the rear will come round on corner exits unless you're perfect with both the throttle and steering angle, which is OK for hotlapping, but not really what you want for long races.

Just trying to decide if I should continue with the NSX and slog through the endurance races at the back, or re-start career again :lol:

Last edited:

After struggling with the Honda at the Paul Ricard test I tried the 650 quickly in practice mode and immediately went 1.5s quicker. I then started the Monza endurance race, and couldn't get in the 1'50's (AI are running 49's, and I'm down in 14th place). Again, tried the 650 in practice and was immediately in the 49's.

Not only is the NSX slow, it's difficult to drive as well - the rear car come round on corner exits unless you're perfect with both the throttle and steering angle, which is OK for hotlapping, but not really what you want for long races.

Just trying to decide if I should continue with the NSX and slog through the endurance races at the back, or re-start career again :lol:

That sucks man, definitely should consider restarting lol. Just do it on short if you're not already.

I wonder if they accidentally neutered the NSX?

This is a prime example of why they need to give us a difficulty slider that we can change between all sessions.

Not only is the NSX slow, it's difficult to drive as well - the rear will come round on corner exits unless you're perfect with both the throttle and steering angle, which is OK for hotlapping, but not really what you want for long races.

I was reading up on the cars before the console version came out, and all the PC guys say avoid the NSX, every other car is viable though.

I know they're supposed to have BoP by default, but I'd approve if they buffed it for MP, it's a shame to have such meticulously designed cars but to have one rendered useless .

I was reading up on the cars before the console version came out, and all the PC guys say avoid the NSX, every other car is viable though.

I know they're supposed to have BoP by default, but I'd approve if they buffed it for MP, it's a shame to have such meticulously designed cars but to have one rendered useless .

Seems like a big oversight.

Do we know if its just HP its down on or something?

The 1st Hungaroring race where it starts raining after 4 laps?

If it's this one, are you doing 2 pitstops? The 1st one doesn't give you the tyre change for some reason, despite it saying 'pit window open' as you're in the pits, and it registering the driver change.

I really struggled with that one... what level/car/strategy are you using if you're winning?

It was the first Hungaroring race, but it didn't rain at all, unfortunately. Besides, I'm only on hard difficulty, playing with a controller for now.

After taking a break I was able to complete both races without getting disqualified. What did I do differently? Nothing, except go a little faster, maybe? :P

Next two races at Nurburgring I couldn't see that little box next to the MFD that shows the requirements for a valid pit stop~. Race 1 I managed to get the driver change right, but not in the second one, resulting in a DSQ. Quit the game in the hopes of doing the race again, but that wiped my race weekend progress completely. So I suppose I will do it all again :lol:. Luckily the Bentley '18/Nurburgring combo is very enjoyable IMO.

Are you driving the EVO version or the OG version? When I get the opportunity to change cars in Career mode, I'm seriously considering the NSX or 2018 Bentley. I'm getting tired of the GT-R. Even though it's fast AF in a straight line. lol

To help with the over rotation from apex to corner exit, try some of the following:
-Change the ECU mapping to level 2 (full power, linear throttle map)
-Soften the rear anti-roll bar
-Lower the pre-load to the differential
-Make the front of the car stiffer (either by wheel rate - big change. Or by messing with the dampers - smaller change)
-Lower the damper settings in the rear

Last edited:
Are you driving the EVO version or the OG version? When I get the opportunity to change cars in Career mode, I'm seriously considering the NSX or 2018 Bentley. I'm getting tired of the GT-R. Even though it's fast AF in a straight line. lol

To help with the over rotation from apex to corner exit, try some of the following:
Change the ECU mapping to level 2 (full power, linear throttle map)
Soften the rear anti-roll bar
Lower the pre-load to the differential
Make the front of the car stiffer (either by wheel rate - big change. Or by messing with the dampers - smaller change)
Lower the damper settings in the rear

Doesn't lowering the preload on the diff increase off throttle oversteer?

-Make the front of the car stiffer (either by wheel rate - big change. Or by messing with the dampers - smaller change)

Here's the steps I take in-game and in real-world to combat oversteer:

1. Lower front tire pressure
2. Raise rear tire pressure
3. Stiffen front shocks (damping, rebound)
4. Soften rear shocks (damping, rebound)
5. Raise front end
6. Lower rear end
7. (N/A in game)
8. (N/A in game)
9. Stiffen front sway bar
10. Soften rear sway bar
11. Reduce front negative camber
12. Reduce positive caster
13. Stiffen front springs
14. Soften rear springs

Ok.
Nurb GP. Career mode. No matter what I get DQ for speeding in pits immediately leaving pit stop as soon as car moves. It’s a bug.
I’m not doing career anymore.
The special events are fun tho.

You only get access to the original one at this stage.

I've run a number of tunes on it, but it still has the same major problem (it has others, but this is the main one)... it's got a really weak front end and understeers on the way in and on the throttle... but the traction control is rubbish, and will allow a whole heap of slip before it kicks in. So you pick up the throttle on the exit, the car starts to push, you add a bit of lock, and it immediately oversteers. I've tried multiple different TC combinations and maps, but I can't find anything that allows you to really attack the track with the NSX. It's just hard to carry any corner speed in it.

I spent some time on the ACC site looking at loads of threads/comments, and I came away from there without any real confidence in the car... so I've restarted career... again!

I don't know what the EVO version is like, but I wouldn't recommend the one I drove!

well.. I told you in post #192 that's it's slow :-P :dopey:

It was too late by then as I'd already chosen it... at the time I just thought 'how bad can it be?'... I found out :lol:

------------------------------------------------------------

Gone a bit faster in the young driver tests (all 3 gold, and chose Pro level again).
Dry 1'53.1
Night 1'52.3

Forgot to write the wet one down, but I was still a way behind the AI... they are suspiciously fast in every wet race/test I've done so far.

Now got to settle on a car for my 3rd attempt to get this done.... it would be good if you could exit and test the options before you have to chose, but there's no option to do this. I won't take the Audi this time as I want one car I can use for the sprint and endurance sections.

Going to go have a swim and lie in the sun whilst I think about it :)

Ok.
Nurb GP. Career mode. No matter what I get DQ for speeding in pits immediately leaving pit stop as soon as car moves. It’s a bug.
I’m not doing career anymore.
The special events are fun tho.

The only way you get a DQ like this is for serious infringement on the way in... sure you're at the limit before the line?

The only way you get a DQ like this is for serious infringement on the way in... sure you're at the limit before the line?

I’ve tried three times now.
30 mph from the moment I’m off racing line to pit entry to pit the last time.
It instantly DQs me as soon as I try to move after the car restarts.
I’ve tried three times but it keeps doing it.
I love the game, I’m still going to play it.
I posted here to see if it’s happening to others.
It’s extremely annoying to spend time doing each session but not be able to finish this section due to DQ bug.
I did the Brands wet event and 2 of the others also and those worked great.

Finished Nurburgring races/first season. Only got silver cup despite winning all but the Misano races (finished 2nd and 3rd). Didn't get any cup/medal/whatever for Brands Hatch tire test, though.

No new cars to choose from, so I guess I will just continue with the Boatley Continental '18. Would kind of prefer driving the new Porsche or some MR car, but I suppose the Bentley will work nicely in the upcoming races.

I’ve tried three times now.
30 mph from the moment I’m off racing line to pit entry to pit the last time.
It instantly DQs me as soon as I try to move after the car restarts.
I’ve tried three times but it keeps doing it.
I love the game, I’m still going to play it.
I posted here to see if it’s happening to others.
It’s extremely annoying to spend time doing each session but not be able to finish this section due to DQ bug.
I did the Brands wet event and 2 of the others also and those worked great.
I hope you get this sorted out because it sounds very frustrating.

In the meantime, remember to save on the best straight away before you enter the pits.at least, then you can restart right before the pit instead of having to do the event again

I hope you get this sorted out because it sounds very frustrating.

In the meantime, remember to save on the best straight away before you enter the pits.at least, then you can restart right before the pit instead of having to do the event again

Thx good tip there. Then I can test easily.
I should make things clear. The gameplay/driving in this is imo hands down best available on console for gt car circuit racing-that’s physics-ffb-plus adding in the excellent AI.
I highly reccomend this title, even with all the quirks/difficulties. It’s worth it.

Thx good tip there. Then I can test easily.
I should make things clear. The gameplay/driving in this is imo hands down best available on console for gt car circuit racing-that’s physics-ffb-plus adding in the excellent AI.
I highly reccomend this title, even with all the quirks/difficulties. It’s worth it.
Are you pulling across from the fast lane too early? I think it might be sensitive about when you pull across to the pit box and how quickly you move back across the line (i.e. you can't line yourself up ages before)

I did most of my second race at Zolder today, but both times i crashed with about 5 laps to go. Forgot to save the first race at any point so i had to restart, and 2nd race i saved before the pitstop which i somehow managed to get everything perfect and came out in first, but then i didn't save again so I'll go back to that point now and probably muck it up a load.
On the plus side I'm getting quicker, 1:31.3 in the Aston V12 on the stock aggressive tune and can easily do 5 consecutive laps between 31.5 and 31.8 now (before my concentration falters and i make a mistake).

Am really enjoying the game tho so far, the physics of the cars and the feel through the wheel. I don't even notice the graphics anymore really

Last edited:
Are you pulling across from the fast lane too early? I think it might be sensitive about when you pull across to the pit box and how quickly you move back across the line (i.e. you can't line yourself up ages before)

I did most of my second race at Zolder today, but both times i crashed with about 5 laps to go. Forgot to save the first race at any point so i had to restart, and 2nd race i saved before the pitstop which i somehow managed to get everything perfect and came out in first, but then i didn't save again so I'll go back to that point now and probably muck it up a load.
On the plus side I'm getting quicker, 1:31.3 in the Aston V12 on the stock aggressive tune and can easily do 5 consecutive laps between 31.5 and 32.8 now (before my concentration falters and i make a mistake).

Am really enjoying the game tho so far, the physics of the cars and the feel through the wheel. I don't even notice the graphics anymore really

I always line up the pit box like a mile in advance lol. Never had any issues doing that.

Interesting glitch at Spa.

As you only have time for an out lap and one qualifying lap within 5 minutes, if you are the first over the line your in pole regardless of the time you set.

As when you press to confirm you’ve finished no one else has crossed the line with a valid lap time!

8A075AD6-EE4C-4D08-BFCF-718BC9EA1A46.jpeg

ok I just started the Paul Ricard Endurance race in the career.

Q1: 1:58.708
Q2: 1:58.293
Q3: 1:57.207
Combined: 1:57.852

And I know some corners where I left much time.

On to the Race, but not today :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back