Cars expiring?

Someone I know said that the Polyphony Formula Gran Turismo '04 is a 'quick expire' car, does this mean that if you drive it for a long time that it loses performance generally? :ill: or do the cars not change as you drive them more?

Ironically enough the FGT is an "infinite" car, you can't drive it to the ground as the oil never goes bad and the chassis is rigid forever. The quick expire probably has more to do with the fact that most people use it a cash cow and sell it very quickly after receiving it.

aah thanks Greycap i just didnt want to do the Nurburgring 24 Hour race just to get a car that doesn't last very long :)

and loving MFT btw :)

Last edited:
Seeing that my original FGT - the one that went through the FGT Championship - still has the very same power as the untouched black edition I can confirm that it surely lasts long and the "infiniteness" is true. I'm not sure if its price decreases over the kilometres like with the other cars though...

Still going strong. One of your national specialities to be featured later this week.

I wouldn't drive the Formula GT on the 'Ring unless I absolutely had to.

Besides, you can win the race easily in a significantly inferior car.

You are absolutely sure about that. It is quite a challenge not to lose stability. However, after I ran a couple of laps with it in Arcade Mode, I found it quite satisfying not to spin out at every corner.

Ironically enough the FGT is an "infinite" car, you can't drive it to the ground as the oil never goes bad and the chassis is rigid forever. The quick expire probably has more to do with the fact that most people use it a cash cow and sell it very quickly after receiving it.

Thanks for the info Greycap:tup:

I have six Formula GT cars but my first one has over 9000 miles on it and I have always wondered. It always comes back to 904HP after a race, but I did worry that maybe the chassis would go soft.

GTsail290

I have the Formula car and i have driven it not much atall, yet it has gone from 906 to 891hp and you cannot change the oil or do a body refresher plan!
help?

You are probably looking at the race power and the tuning power, IE, the power you see when entering a race, and the power you see when tuning the car. I don't know why, but the cars have different HP readings depending on where in the menus you are.

Been there done that. Ouch. Never do that again.:banghead:

Back