Cars in GT6 that has PS4-Ready graphics.

• Thread starter syntex123
  • 664 comments
This was interesting to read about what a Evolution Studios senior artist mentioned regarding disadvantages of outsourcing: Link
The disadvantage would be the quality might not be great, long feedback cycles if not explained clearly and the lead artist may need to thoroughly check it before it is acknowledged.

Maybe @Allek, I think if they would just remodel the standards that most people use, and discard the rest, it wouldn't be a big problem. Imo the best looking premiums can just stay that way in GT7 - they already look good enough for PS4. The semi premiums need interior, and then that'll be fine until they get the time to rework them even more.

At least the marshal will be ready for PS4 with only a little improvement :lol:

Goodwood Hillclimb_4.jpg

This R33 from GT5 isn't as well modeled as those new ones to GT6, but from a distance in a good shot it does look pretty impressive. Only small details in this pic would've made it even more "PS4-ready", like better reflections and lighting model, but it looks good nonetheless.

OlGZmSuVWDd4mBzZk7_0.jpg

This R33 from GT5 isn't as well modeled as those new ones to GT6, but from a distance in a good shot it does look pretty impressive. Only small details in this pic would've made it even more "PS4-ready", like better reflections and lighting model, but it looks good nonetheless.

That's the thing. GT has this massive flux in quality. Willow Springs had like, the best lighting model in the game while tracks like Tokyo and Red Bull Ring were the hardest light ever and looked like trash.

GT7 on the PS4 is going to have to be a consistent. It's like Scaff said perfectly, DC is beautiful across the board, textures, lighting, models, sounds. GT is all over the place with atleast 75% of the cars being PS2 quality.

That's the thing. GT has this massive flux in quality. Willow Springs had like, the best lighting model in the game while tracks like Tokyo and Red Bull Ring were the hardest light ever and looked like trash.

GT7 on the PS4 is going to have to be a consistent. It's like Scaff said perfectly, DC is beautiful across the board, textures, lighting, models, sounds. GT is all over the place with atleast 75% of the cars being PS2 quality.
I find a lot of irony in this thread with people rightfully examining the differences in premium car quality and comparing it to DC and other current games, while completely ignoring the fact that 700 cars are two generations old:lol::lol:

@JoaoSilva That is really beautiful :drool: Not sure if it has AT or just well modeled, anyway it is nice!

@gtuned Willow Springs HAD the best lighting model. Now it sucks. Driving there now is glitchy and weird. Shadows glitch +++.

@Johnnypenso Which is why I can't stress enough why for GT7 they should only keep the most popular standards and making them premium.. :P And why shouldn't we compare, after all this thread is about seeing the beauty of the cars that looks good enough to be ready for GT7.

I find a lot of irony in this thread with people rightfully examining the differences in premium car quality and comparing it to DC and other current games, while completely ignoring the fact that 700 cars are two generations old:lol::lol:

Well this thread is about cars that are PS4 ready , and standard cars aren't what i'd consider PS4 ready .

I personally think standards should (of course remaking a few key cars) , and PD should try to be a bit more consistent a bit.

What's your opinion on the standard cars and the possibility of them being in GT7?

The GT vs FM comparisons stop now, anyone continuing to do so will see the content deleted and a warning issued. The staff have discussed the subject of FM comparisons at length and a standing staff policy (that is supported by the site owner) that these discussions will stay in the dedicated comparison threads.

Meta tangent time: If I replace "FM" with "pCARS" or "AC" (Assetto Corsa), does that part of the rule still apply? :)

Well this thread is about cars that are PS4 ready , and standard cars aren't what i'd consider PS4 ready .

I personally think standards should (of course remaking a few key cars) , and PD should try to be a bit more consistent a bit.

What's your opinion on the standard cars and the possibility of them being in GT7?
Good point about standards not being PS4 ready. I think a discussion on standards would be best done in one of the standards threads:tup:.

@Scaff My idea, I started it, it makes it "mine". I do not own any rights on this site, obviously not. But I own the rights in the OP in this thread.
smiley-shocked013.gif

@Scaff My idea, I started it, it makes it "mine". I do not own any rights on this site, obviously not. But I own the rights in the OP in this thread.
What rights (answer via pm)?

This thread stays open because the staff allow it to stay open, if it continues in this manner that will not be for long.

If quantity of premium cars is a concern then GT6 probably will have more than two times the number of cars DC and pCARS have combined in their lifetime.

If quantity of premium cars is a concern then GT6 probably will have more than two times the number of cars DC and pCARS have combined in their lifetime.

pCars has around 70 IIRC , it's a different type of racing game too. GT will always have the most cars in comparison to those 2 games , DC might even not get a sequel , who knows.

I just don't bring it up cause there's no point. The Standards are still a joke, and still completely stupid, and it's sad that they will probably make it to a PS4 game in 2015/2016.

As many Standards that I loved, like the Older Rally cars, I'd gladly see them go to have more Modern Day era modeling. It was passable for GT5 to a degree, rather annoying in GT6, but in GT7? PS2 quality cars, 2 console generations later? Against games like Forza, Driveclub, PCars and even PC games?

It'll be an even bigger joke than it is now.

I just don't bring it up cause there's no point. The Standards are still a joke, and still completely stupid, and it's sad that they will probably make it to a PS4 game in 2015/2016.

As many Standards that I loved, like the Older Rally cars, I'd gladly see them go to have more Modern Day era modeling. It was passable for GT5 to a degree, rather annoying in GT6, but in GT7? PS2 quality cars, 2 console generations later? Against games like Forza, Driveclub, PCars and even PC games?

It'll be an even bigger joke than it is now.

@gtuned Agree , how can this be on a PS4 game?

10112506331951547.jpg

Back