Cars in GT6 that has PS4-Ready graphics.

• Thread starter syntex123
  • 664 comments
For me as if they had modeled the cars like bricks. What I want is physics improvements like the one in 1.16 that let me enjoy even a 120HP car. Before the update was a pain drive low powered cars.

ahem
256px-SegaGTcover.jpg
SEGA / Dreamcast was not competition for the PS1 becuase it was released later (was supposed to be the next gen compared to PS1) and still it was both a console failure, and game failure (kind of GT ripoff with worse graphics) and then we all know what happened to SEGA.

^ discontinued in 2001, and the sequel to Sega GT got reprogrammed for Xbox because of that, and also Sega GT 2002 was a GT3 competitor. :P

This is odd. The new R35 GT-R Nismo is nicely modeled some places, other places not so much.

View attachment 320028 View attachment 320029

No adaptive tessellation on this fine Nissan. Too bad, I really would've looked at it for ages if it did look smoother. don't get me wrong, it is truly beautiful now too..

Some cars don't use tesselation on the entire model , some cars only have a few parts with tesselation. That's why that GT-R is butter smooth in some parts and a bit jaggy in others.

Some cars don't use tesselation on the entire model , some cars only have a few parts with tesselation. That's why that GT-R is butter smooth in some parts and a bit jaggy in others.
I see. But I wouldn't say it's butter smooth, it's still jaggy where it looks smooth, but for sure less jaggy than the obvious jaggy parts.

I see. But I wouldn't say it's butter smooth, it's still jaggy where it looks smooth, but for sure less jaggy than the obvious jaggy parts.

there are certain cars that are almost flawless , unfortunatly it's only "certain cars" not all cars. You can easily notice the difference between premiums. The ones from GT5 have a lot of jaggy parts , no tesselation . I don't know how hard it is to implement tesselation on cars , but i'd like to see all cars on a similar level atleast.

@JoaoSilva I know, and I agree. Ditch the least popular standards, keep only the most popular ones and premiumize them, and do adaptive tessellation on the "worst looking" models, and full interior on all cars, that should make most people satisfied. :)

@syntex123 100% agree on that , you only need to premiumize around 50-70 standards , and add new cars , around 150 and we're all set . GT7 will be the best in the series IMO , Kaz and PD are focusing on GT7 for a long time i bet , they know better than anybody what GT needs and i think they are gonna deliver a good product.

Driveclubs car models are great. But in this comparison you can see that GT6's Car models with adaptive tesselation are far superior to it (and probably any other car models of any racing game out there) in terms of detail because of the unlimited polygon count 👍

Ps.: the upper one is driveclub

Driveclubs car models are great. But in this comparison you can see that GT6's Car models with adaptive tesselation are far superior to it (and probably any other car models of any racing game out there) in terms of detail because of the unlimited polygon count 👍

Ps.: the upper one is driveclub
I wouldn't say unlimited, but high count yes. And when seeing that photo you really see PD needs better lighting. Looks so flat in comparison :P but graphics-wise it is impressive. Next-gen graphics on a last-gen machine. (I know I know it's only like that in photomode. But still.)

It's accuracy that makes a model more detailed, not just polygons. As you can see in that comparison, the X-Bow from driveclub in inaccurately modeled, compared to the one in GT6. So of course GT6's will be superior, even if it didn't feature adaptive tessellation.

I wouldn't say unlimited, but high count yes. And when seeing that photo you really see PD needs better lighting. Looks so flat in comparison :P but graphics-wise it is impressive. Next-gen graphics on a last-gen machine. (I know I know it's only like that in photomode. But still.)
Hmm, i see that adaptive tesselation thing as a feature that makes everything thats visible as smooth as possible, no matter how near you look at it - if you go closer, it gets more polygons added = unlimited
Atleast thats my idea of how adaptive tesselation works!?

And the fact that the GT6 picture looks flat is because the lack of shadows on the car and i think that problem wont exist on a GT for PS4 anymore.

It's accuracy that makes a model more detailed, not just polygons. As you can see in that comparison, the X-Bow from driveclub in inaccurately modeled, compared to the one in GT6. So of course GT6's will be superior, even if it didn't feature adaptive tessellation.

Yes for sure doenst the poly count alone make the cars more detailed. But we know that PD do their car modeling very serious and with that adaptive tesselation every small bit on the car (when the tesselation really is working on the whole car) will look as realistic and smooth as possible.

PD modeling everything in house is a massive plus since the cars are more accurately detailed than if they were to go outsourcing for them. Only problem is how long it takes for them to finish said cars and add them into the game.

I'd agree GT's cars look a ton better in terms of detail, the overall package of Driveclub is impressive though, hopefully GT can strike some consistancy in 7. :)

I'd agree GT's cars look a ton better in terms of detail, the overall package of Driveclub is impressive though, hopefully GT can strike some consistancy in 7. :)
In terms of landscape detail, lightning, motion blur and especially weather effects driveclub is way ahead of everything else out there!
The tracks are huge and beautifully detailed and the car models are great - all those greatnes in steady 30fps with that superb motionblur makes it the graphically most impressive game i've seen to date!

And it plays great too...

Btw i would love an option in GT6 with steady 30fps and that wonderfull motionblur it has in online replays!

Did they also modelled and animated the GT-R engine for the sole purp

Like I said, they probably do model all that stuff, but just don't put it in the game to save resources.

And I just showed you 2 cars that have their engines modelled, even though they're not visible. There's no reason to think those 2 cars are the exception.

Why not? In Forza 4, there was like 12-15 auto vista models. Then in Forza 5, they decided to have every car model with auto vista capability, but in turn the franchise lost over 300-400 cars, so the game only had a bit over 200.

Imo, I wouldn't want to sacrifice hundreds of cars for engine modeling in every car.

If it does not contribute to the discussion, then why post it?
Why post a really nice photo of a car in GT6 that has PS4 ready graphics, in a thread entitled, "Cars in GT6 that has PS4 ready Graphics"?. Is that your question?

And from the OP:
share pictures of the cars you think is PS4-Ready!

His picture is literally, perfectly on topic.

Back