Cars only in GT1

• Thread starter Memesbro
  • 7 comments
New Zealand
New Zealand
I am trying to find out how many cars are in GT1 only. The cars that never made a reappearance.
So far I found the Honda NSX-R LM GT2, which was supposed to make a reappearance, but never did.
Any more cars only in this game?

Technically the GT-R LM edition doesn't return in its original state, but rather as a racing modification for the Nismo LM street version. Another car that didn't return is the Chaser LM edition (though I'm unsure whether the looks for the LM version are used for Chaser's GT2 RM). Concept Car LM edition does return, albeit with a spoiler and in grey.

As far as I'm aware the rest of the cars make a return, regardless of model year.

Last edited:
Fully unique cars:
Honda NSX-R GT1 Turbo
Honda NSX-R LM GT2
Nissan Silvia LM Edition
Toyota Chaser LM Edition

Bonus cars (duplicates of existing cars used as prizes, with special paint colours and often aftermarket wheels):
Aston Martin DB7 Coupe
Eunos Roadster
Honda Civic Type R
Honda CR-X SiR
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV
Nissan Silvia Q's 1800cc
Nissan Skyline GT-R '91
Subaru Alcyone SVX S4
Subaru Impreza WRX STi Version III
Toyota Castrol Supra GT
Toyota Celica SS-II
Toyota Soarer 2.5 GT-T VVT-i
Toyota Sprinter Trueno GT-APEX
Toyota Supra RZ '96

Other:
Eunos Roadster (Arcade)
Toyota Celica GT-Four (duplicate)

The NSX GT1 was only in the Japanese release, with the GT2 used overseas. The GT2's model is in the US version of GT2 the game as the racing modification for the 'Acura NSX '93', but there's a typo that stops it from being available. The Chaser LM model is similar but not identical to the one used as the Chaser RM in GT2, with a different livery.

The Arcade version of the Eunos Roadster is a generic version that represents all of the various 1.8-litre models merged together (including mismatched wheel sizes because of it), and the bonus prize version in GT mode is based on that merge rather than any specific trim level.

The duplicate Celica GT-Four in later versions of GT1 appears to have been an experiment to fix the broken AWD behaviour on the normal version, but isn't available in any normal way. It does however break a GT-Four opponent in some late-game events, which shows up as FWD.

There's also a long list of minor things that were tweaked or repurposed - the Nismo GT-R LM Road Car replaced the race car for GT2, with the race car becoming the racing modification for the road car instead, the performance of the Impreza Rally Car was repurposed into more of a rally car than a GT racer, the WRX STi Version III had the Sports Blue colour removed as that's technically only on a specific limited edition model, the DB7 had its fictional yellow colour removed, lots of cars were remodelled slightly or extensively, and so on. There were also a couple of non-turbo Skyline models that were cut during development of GT1 and were never revived for GT2.

Dodge/Chrysler Viper (both GTS and RT/10) also were available in blue with white stripes, a coloring never available for first gen Vipers in later GT games (from stock).

Dodge/Chrysler Viper (both GTS and RT/10) also were available in blue with white stripes, a coloring never available for first gen Vipers in later GT games (from stock).
That's due to the Viper used in the later games being based on the 1999 model ACR instead. It did not feature the iconic blue with white stripes paintjob. However, black with silver stripes, silver with blue stripes and red with silver stripes were new color options for the ACR.

That's due to the Viper used in the later games being based on the 1999 model ACR instead.

I don't think there has ever been an ACR in GT, it's a 1997 GTS in GT1, a 1999 GTS after that, and a 2002 GTS from the PS3 games onwards. The ACR had different wheels and a bit more power, whereas the changes in the colour choices were across all models, not just the ACR.

They're actually a bit of a mess too, GT1 is a 1997 seemingly made with reference photos of a 1996 car, while GT2 has effectively that 1997 repainted in 1998 / 1999 colours, as a lot of details weren't updated to match. The new model for GT3 was much more accurate, but still had some 1996 details.

I don't think there has ever been an ACR in GT, it's a 1997 GTS in GT1, a 1999 GTS after that, and a 2002 GTS from the PS3 games onwards. The ACR had different wheels and a bit more power, whereas the changes in the colour choices were across all models, not just the ACR.

They're actually a bit of a mess too, GT1 is a 1997 seemingly made with reference photos of a 1996 car, while GT2 has effectively that 1997 repainted in 1998 / 1999 colours, as a lot of details weren't updated to match. The new model for GT3 was much more accurate, but still had some 1996 details.
Hmm. That is interesting. I always thought the later models were based on the GTS ACR.
And the color changes were intentional by Dodge. Wonder why they did away with the iconic blue/white scheme, as that was the defining Viper color

Technically the GT-R LM edition doesn't return in its original state, but rather as a racing modification for the Nismo LM street version. Another car that didn't return is the Chaser LM edition (though I'm unsure whether the looks for the LM version are used for Chaser's GT2 RM). Concept Car LM edition does return, albeit with a spoiler and in grey.

As far as I'm aware the rest of the cars make a return, regardless of model year.
The Concept Car LM had its intended model restored in GT2. It was supposed to have proper tuning options and a racing modification in GT1, but it was scrapped due to the naming dispute that Chrysler faced at the time. The Concept Car was initially going to be named Copperhead, intended as a "baby brother" model to the Viper.
Early beta builds of GT1 actually shows the Concept Car with its original name, as well as its scrapped racing modification.
This is why you can adjust downforce on the special Concept Car that you win from the UK vs. US championship. The data for the racing modification is there, but the model is lacking.

Back