Cars You Would Never Buy For Any Price

There's no car I wouldn't by for an Euro. but if its something I despise, it would be an Opel Corsa B.

Opel_corsa_b_sport.JPG

I personally can't wait until whatever hack is in charge of Toyota's styling department is fired.

All the more room to take in air.
Realistically the only cooling ducting it would actually need are the three slits surrounding the grill. The rest is just there because Toyota is currently fixated on the hideous oversized grills that everyone else was fascinated with about a decade ago.

That being said:
and probably is far more reliable
latest

1983? The debut year of the E80 Corolla? Unless you bought the Golf convertible, in North America that would have meant:

westmoreland_plant.jpg

So while I doubt any Mark II Golf is more reliable than an equivalent Corolla, in this particular instance that makes it even less of a question of which is more reliable than it is with the modern Mexican-built Golfs vs. the modern Corolla.

Just dont feel the styling. Too serious and joyless. Plus I see it as a car you want to be chauffeured in, not a car you'd want to drive. And I wouldn't purchase a car of such price to be the passenger. BUT since the thread is about cars we'd never buy at any price, I realize I'm probably overdoing it.

Let me try again. An Ariel Atom. Too dangerous. Its weight allows it to be qualified as a four wheeled motorcycle which means doesn't need to pass crash tests as Caterham, BAC or other small manufacturers do. That's a car I wouldn't buy for any price.

Just dont feel the styling. Too serious and joyless. Plus I see it as a car you want to be chauffeured in, not a car you'd want to drive. And I wouldn't purchase a car of such price to be the passenger. BUT since the thread is about cars we'd never buy at any price, I realize I'm probably overdoing it.

Let me try again. An Ariel Atom. Too dangerous. Its weight allows it to be qualified as a four wheeled motorcycle which means doesn't need to pass crash tests as Caterham, BAC or other small manufacturers do. That's a car I wouldn't buy for any price.
I was just trying to get you on track, mate. The thread is supposed to be what car and why. People often miss the "why" the first time.

I agree about the Atom, though. Wouldn't touch one with a pole made of turds.

I was just trying to get you on track, mate. The thread is supposed to be what car and why. People often miss the "why" the first time.

I agree about the Atom, though. Wouldn't touch one with a pole made of turds.

Right, got it ;) thanks mate. It's a fun thread to read.

@lxmmy mfw there was someone on the previous page that wouldn't take a Veyron for a penny if it was offered to them without giving any reasons why

The Veyron, alongside its successor the Chiron, have nothing to do with the original Bugatti's principles of style, luxury and racing pedigree. It is merely a futile exercise in car engineering, made for no reason other than to satisfy the rich that seems to be a trend with modern hypercars.
At least the EB110 made an attempt at racing. Since then, the Bugatti VGT is the closest thing they've come to a 'race car' (and even then I'm not even sure if it can race in anything...)

They're all worth something. For the absolute bottom of the barrel, they're still worth it just for this:

car-bashing.jpg

Like Danoff said, I think I could deal with buying a car I hated for a small amount of money. Beat the crap out of it and have fun doing it.

On the other hand....if this was a car we'd have to live with for whatever price we paid for it....then here are some for me. (Although, some other members in this forum already posted some good ones)

The 2nd generation of the North American Ford Focus. Absolutely dreadful car. Worst part was, the dealership where I work ended up buying THREE base model automatic Focus sedans after they sold one. The former used car manager thought "Well, since we sold one. Why not buy three from auction!? They outta sell really well!" They ended up sitting on our lot for months....
1357974.jpg

Working at Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep dealership, quite a few Caliber's have come and gone. They're awful.
2011-dodge-caliber_100353858_m.jpg

Also grown to hate the first generation of the Jeep Liberty....
2003_jeep_liberty_limited_4wd-pic-62187-1600x1200.jpeg

You mean to say that a 33 year old VW is more reliable than a brand new Toyota? Are you delusional?
A brand new Toyota has to prove itself, while we already know everything about Golf II what we should know. Besides, simple and transparent vehicles are far more easier to maintain and service.

Also grown to hate the first generation of the Jeep Liberty....
2003_jeep_liberty_limited_4wd-pic-62187-1600x1200.jpeg
True, 1st gen. Land Rover Freelander had more soul than this car. I'm sure Jeep was a bit more reliable though.

What car could I never buy for any price? A brand new Mitsubishi Mirage.

The fact that the folks at Mitsubishi have the nerve to sell this heap of garbage at a price of $2k more than a new Versa is far beyond me. Who would pay more money for a worse car?

I just thought of something I would avoid buying even for a penny; the G'Wiz hatchback. It's one of the worst looking small cars I've learned about and possibly one of the slowest. On top of that, I just don't care for this particular electric car due to it's short range and how long it would take to charge.
Alternative-Fuel-Vehicle-Sales-Rise-With-The-Petrol-Price.jpg

[insert american cars here]

:D

Jerome

The Ford Fiesta. The girlfriend has one. It's ok for what it is, but the 'powershift' tranmission is the worst thing I've run across in a long time. It's been to the dealer a few times with no real fix for its shuddering. Ford explains that the owners basically need to re-learn how to drive.

1200px-2017_Fiesta_Zetec_Turbo_1.0_Front.jpg

Most VW's and Porsches, You couldn't pay me to take them. Seriously, if someone bought me a Golf or 911 I would be disappointed :lol:

The Ford Fiesta. The girlfriend has one. It's ok for what it is, but the 'powershift' tranmission is the worst thing I've run across in a long time. It's been to the dealer a few times with no real fix for its shuddering. Ford explains that the owners basically need to re-learn how to drive.

1200px-2017_Fiesta_Zetec_Turbo_1.0_Front.jpg

I hate those transmissions. I've been in a lot of the 2011+ Focus's with that transmission and it feels awful with all the shuddering. It mostly happens at low speeds, correct? Used to work at a Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep dealer and there would always be a third generation Focus traded in. Driving them around the dealer lot was the worst.

upload_2018-3-21_21-12-26.png

The Avalanche. A four-wheeled compromise that's summed up by the name of a Aziz Ansari series on Netflix, with the added "perk" of early-naughts GM build quality.

I hate those transmissions. I've been in a lot of the 2011+ Focus's with that transmission and it feels awful with all the shuddering. It mostly happens at low speeds, correct? .

Yes, it shudders from a dead stop and as it shifts into 2nd. Sometimes it feels like the trans is going to jump through the firewall into the front seat. The third repair ( or fourth, I can't remember ) made it a whole lot better, but we know its going to act up again sooner or later.

More like L'ugly, L'atrocious, L'unreliable.

Seriously, who would want to own a neutered Opel Kadett wearing a Pontiac badge?

Back