Casey's gallery - photos and videos

• Thread starter nobuffalo
  • 96 comments
And some more. Some of these I've had to reload from another source as I misplaced the originals so not exif info. :(

by caseynato, on Flickr

by caseynato, on Flickr

untitled
by caseynato, on Flickr

DSC_01331
by caseynato, on Flickr

DSC_0468
by caseynato, on Flickr

DSC_1400
by caseynato, on Flickr

DSC_0498
by caseynato, on Flickr

DSC_1081
by caseynato, on Flickr

DSC_0205
by caseynato, on Flickr

DSC_1141
by caseynato, on Flickr

DSC_0980
by caseynato, on Flickr

DSC_1056
by caseynato, on Flickr

Personally, I really really like this one. If only I had shot it in landscape. 👎
Astrosdude if you see this you should go reshoot it for me, it's near Galveston. :)

DSC_0151
by caseynato, on Flickr

Upload Overload?

Last edited:
Most of these are from an autocross in Houston, TX. I took a ladder along with me in attempt to get some different angles.

DSC_0332 by caseynato, on Flickr

DSC_0443 by caseynato, on Flickr

DSC_0131 by caseynato, on Flickr

DSC_0118 by caseynato, on Flickr

DSC_0256 by caseynato, on Flickr

DSC_0145 by caseynato, on Flickr

DSC_0331 by caseynato, on Flickr

DSC_0549 by caseynato, on Flickr

DSC_0115 by caseynato, on Flickr

DSC_0278 by caseynato, on Flickr

DSC_0271 by caseynato, on Flickr

DSC_0791 by caseynato, on Flickr

DSC_0787 by caseynato, on Flickr

DSC_0732 by caseynato, on Flickr

DSC_0133 by caseynato, on Flickr

...and I'm nearing my upload limit on flickr.

So I've had my camera (nikon d5100) for a bit now and have taken lots of pictures. Sadly I still don't know what i'm doing with it but I've managed to get a few shots I like. :lol:

For not knowing what you are doing, you're doing pretty good job! 👍

Im quite fond of DSC_0238 and DSC_0301. 0238 is a bit underexposed in my opinion, but I like the contrast between light and shadow in that shot. 0301 is is a great shot imo, really like the way the the trails move through the shot. 👍 Good job, keep it up :)

For not knowing what you are doing, you're doing pretty good job! 👍

Haha, thanks. :) You've got to understand the sheer number photos I've taken since getting my camera, though. Something like 13,000, granted lots of those have just been taking pictures of stupid things like my leg or whatever playing with all the settings on my camera. Probably 1 out of 10 are what I would consider decent. I'm getting much better about it now and not just snapping away at anything I see. Playing with the continuous shooting mode probably cost me about 1k shutter clicks. :lol:

Im quite fond of DSC_0238 and DSC_0301. 0238 is a bit underexposed in my opinion, but I like the contrast between light and shadow in that shot. 0301 is is a great shot imo, really like the way the the trails move through the shot. 👍 Good job, keep it up :)

Thank you. I have this one also but I unfortunately went to the other extreme and overexposed it, losing some of the color. Perhaps some time in photoshop could solve that but I haven't even attempted that.

DSC_0237 by caseynato, on Flickr

^ Wow, thats already a big improvement, you can see so much more detail this way. 👍

Some really nice shots.

Sadly I still don't know what i'm doing with it but I've managed to get a few shots I like.

Seems you are doing quite fine bud

Picked up an old 35mm SLR over the weekend. This is a scan of a negative on my dirty and scratched scanner, I kinda liked how it turned out.

Img_50 by caseynato, on Flickr

Last edited:
So I've gotten a little better at scanning the negatives but the colors are still off. Some of these were also shot on film of an unknown age.

MpcmYl.jpg

uTT5Bl.jpg

JA0Cql.jpg

WBNn5l.jpg

7781594758_3690d2c71e_z_d.jpg

7781592484_778977da34_z_d.jpg

7781597954_2215fa18f6_z_d.jpg

7781607484_e86a3ed234_z_d.jpg

7781588748_5f316e3c99_z_d.jpg

Instead of going the HDR route that seems so popular I just make mine black and white, using an online converter I found. :lol:

YD98Yl.jpg

NzTxJl.jpg

WL281l.jpg

tBey2.jpg

84IjRl.jpg

mXwxrl.jpg

bmKGFl.jpg

I can send you a link to a high resolution version of one if you want to show me what you're talking about. Anytime I mess with my images I usually start going down the high contrast route so I try to limit it. I have a decent eye when it comes to taking and making a photograph I enjoy to look at, helped by the bias of being the one taking them, but when it comes to producing a photograph others will enjoy I'm pretty lost.

Sure, if you want. I might not have time to mess with it in a timely manner though. Moving.. lol . I was thinking about changing the contrast as well, but a little further tweaking with it can make it look cooler.. just as long as it's not overdone.

No rush, I can't choose so just let me know which one you'd be interested in editing and I'll send the link.

I may as well post these here too since I didn't get any interest from the original thread. Taken using my nikon, pinhole and flash, which might kinda defeat the purpose of pinhole photography. Contrast has been bumped up on all of them. Dirty sensor!

HqiKBl.jpg

6komOl.jpg

LdKzxl.jpg

AKXpVl.jpg

JNolDl.jpg

iuZRXl.jpg

QUYWrl.jpg

SLusil.jpg

ePTeQl.jpg

Cr68al.jpg

FiZl2l.jpg

HOVdhl.jpg

those have a very 'old-school' flavor to them. The focal range makes me think of 1960s/70s photos.

Lovely tones, indeed.

An aditional question: how were the negatives scanned?

I agree with others. I love the tones. I'd also like to know specifics of lens and film.

Thanks guys, I redid the last one of the orange M1. 👍

I used Fuji Superia X-tra 400, just the stuff you get a walgreens. The camera is a Konica Auto S2, still not sure about the meter on it and the building was a bit dark so I was at 1.8 throughout most. The lens itself is a Konica Hexanon 45mm 1.8, it's not interchangeable.

For scanning I use an Epson Perfection 1670. I still haven't figured out the best settings for it and they all need some post so I tend to go a little overboard with that. Any suggestions are welcome. :) Oh yeah and I realize I need to touch up many dust particles and whatnot, a bit lazy though at the moment.

Last edited:
I don't think your edits are overboard. I like the editing and tones.

A friend of mine, who shoots only film, also has one of those Epson Perfection thingies - although his is the 2400 version, which I have no clue what the difference is - and, just like yours, his scans always look good to me as well.

I definitely gotta get me one of those. I'm tired of paying almost 10€ for developing + scanning...

EDIT:
Also, cool little rangefinder camera. 👍

EDIT2:
Apparently, all Epson scanners are called "Perfection". And there are a gazillion models...

Last edited:
Back