Cayman Challenge. 300km Interlagos. 25th April. Seeking Reserves.

• Thread starter El_Beardo
  • 164 comments
For the last 15 minutes of the race I enjoyed some close and clean racing with @Drex124 . Many thanks. Really enjoyed it.
delboyanddrex.jpg

Congratulations to @R1600Turbo, @Spinerkopin and @Mistah_MCA, and a massive thank you to @Bivittavus88 for another great enduro run!

Apologies for causing the second false start - I was in the process of sending Bivittavus a screenshot of the start grid to help with the manual selection. Felt embarrassed by that, but made up for it with another solid run in the race.

Had planned to carry out a two-stopper (25-25-21), but came in for fresh Mediums on Lap 61 after seeing @Pigems pit the lap before. Suffice to say it made a big difference to my late race pace, though in the end not enough to overhaul Mistah_MCA for third.

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20200425222847.png

Wonder if I could've got away with a little less fuel-saving in the second stint...

That one started to get tough at the end, not gonna lie. :lol: For the first stint @Spinerkopin stayed behind me the whole time and that actually helped him save fuel, so he ended up having to take less on his first stop at the end of lap 23 and jumped me on pit road. I figured that was fine because I could do the same behind him for the 2nd stint and maybe come out on top after the 2nd stop. We actually swapped the lead a couple times, once when he made a mistake and then on another mistake (?) he let me go in turn 2. Pit again at the end of lap 47 and I calculated that I needed about ~23 laps of fuel to make it home. He topped off the tank so that gave me a little bit of a cushion that I was able to hold for a while. I was still questioning on whether or not I could make it to the end on fuel so I short shifted through the last stint and I crossed the line just after the 1 lap of fuel warning. Definitely would have preferred a brighter time of day but it didn't hurt me too much.

And sorry for not joining the party, I typically have to turn the game volume down a lot to be able to hear people and then that just messes up my rhythm. :P

8224207342686732824_0.jpg

8224207353023596048_0.jpg

Hey guys, wanna fill in some spots tonight? Gr.4, BOP On, RS tires. Two 25 minute races at Monza starting in 20 minutes. I need people!

Back