Cell Phone Picture/Video Thread

• Thread starter Rossticles
  • 168 comments
img20130610212928.jpg

Saw this thread, figured I'd take a pic of the lamp behind me hehe. Taken with a T-Mo Galaxy S2, rooted with a custom OS of course 👍

Hi,
Actually i have lot of images in my mobile but it needs to be edited. Which software is good at editing?? I am not having any idea and help me anyone..Thanks

Awesome photos, its amazing how tech has developed such a great camera 👍

Yes, and it's the candid, or spontaneous shots that really bring home the message that the medium plays such a huge part in what we like to capture and express.

For instance - would Scaff have set up a regular camera to get that shot of the Nissan pow-wow? I doubt it - the drama and significance of the moment catches one's eye and the next moment one is fishing for ye olde cellphone camera. And then it's not so much a visual that's recorded - but an actual moment in time. To be savoured over and over.

Your own shot of the rabbit, nice one, too, expresses this.

I've taken tons and tons of shots like that with my cellphone. Which of course is the whole idea behind such a medium, I guess. :lol:
And on to the iWatch, probably, which might shoot HDVideo. ;) from which we will extract stunning stills.

Really like some of the shots that machate and kenny have captured, too.

Here's a little cellphone story from a few days ago - I was visiting my ailing mother - who is in her eighties and in the hospital for observation. (She's back home now, and stable again.) I noticed that she would constantly glance at a picture on the far wall - it was a tiny picture that was about 3 inches by 4, that someone had stuck on the wall facing the bed.

Finally, in the middle of our conversation, she asked me, "What is that picture on the wall?" (Her sight is pretty bad now and she can see only real close up.) Without a moment's thought I went up to the picture, took a cell-shot, then went back to her side and gave her the phone-pic, which little screen she held up to her face in wonder.
Her eyes lit up and she cracked a huge smile as she stared at it for a long while.
She gave me back the phone, eventually, saying: "I always wondered what that picture was. Now I know." And the contentment in her voice was priceless to me. Such is the value of a good cellphone, tapped.

In case you were wondering what the picture was, it was Christ praying in the Garden of Gethsamane.

_____

The contract on my iPhone 3GS is done, and the company is now offering me the iPhone5. I can't wait to explore the photon-catching. ;)

Keep snapping, guys! :)

Cheers,
Harry.

Just random stuff.. Taken with my Nokia Lumia 620. The last 2 photos were taken with Nokia Pro Cam...

WP_20130724_016%255B1%255D.jpg

WP_20130724_009%255B1%255D.jpg

WP_20130920_01_38_22_Pro%255B1%255D.jpg

WP_20130920_19_13_14_Pro.jpg

WP_20130920_19_16_34_Pro.jpg

I'm still new to these photography thing.. But yeahh.

Last edited:
Here's a couple landscape shots. All taken with the iPhone 5s and cropped to 600px High.

rt9Nb5W.jpg

oWqrNWJ.jpg

Here's a couple landscape shots. All taken with the iPhone 5s and cropped to 600px High.

That panorama shot is beautiful. I really need to visit a mountain area sometime soon. The one thing I miss about New York was my view of the mountains.

Four from last Thursday:
DSC_0425.jpg
:embarrassed:

Those colors are awesome.

Visit to the Anchorage Museum...some startling Silent Hill-ish displays

Anchorage Museum 002 by gnomefromnome, on Flickr

Anchorage Museum 006 by gnomefromnome, on Flickr

Anchorage Museum 015 by gnomefromnome, on Flickr

Yea the 'armless' fox was disturbing...

Anchorage Museum 016 by gnomefromnome, on Flickr

Scenery around Anchorage

A Street by gnomefromnome, on Flickr

Midtown Park by gnomefromnome, on Flickr

Midtown late afternoon by gnomefromnome, on Flickr

Midtown sunset by gnomefromnome, on Flickr

So I was at a farm with my sister. Ended up getting this one. I'm tired and my eyes aren't be so cooperative, but I feel like I did a decent job with the saturation and contrast changes.
ddddsdfsd.jpg

Here's the original for comparison: Clicky

I could recognize my hometown's taxis anywhere, even at thumbnail size.

God, I miss going there. Hope you enjoyed it.
Loved the place. Stopped just behind the Municipal Park, within easy walk of the old town. Great food and really nice people.

Attachments

• 10410141_10152364693016843_223626491302511196_n.jpg
    10410141_10152364693016843_223626491302511196_n.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 7
Back