Cell Phone Picture/Video Thread

• Thread starter Rossticles
  • 168 comments
United States
Houston, TX
Rosstickles
Surprised GTP doesn't have one of these. Share your funny, interesting, or whatever cell phone pictures. I know I'm not the only one that uses mine to catch some one-off happenings.

Billboard for the best beers ever in Austin, TX
2010-06-21%25252011.00.33.jpg

Old guy chillin' at Walmart
2010-07-27%25252019.21.31.jpg

One of a few birds I saved from a cat in my backyard
IMG_20110608_173637.jpg

Nine Inch Nails, my favorite band
1023082254.jpg

Houston's best restaurant
2011-07-14%25252012.35.58.jpg

My stupid dog

I love taking photos at school :lol: Seeing as most of them are just odd shots of teens doing stupid things, I won't leave them here :P

254209_10150188185909022_676549021_6943398_6606578_n.jpg

10331_138949889021_676549021_2529472_391117_n.jpg

n676549021_1731304_2136386.jpg

n676549021_1731305_3611174.jpg

That's how they roll in France! The last car looked like that after a guy tried to park it near my flat...I cried a little on the inside.​

Uploading now :P I'm just going to mass upload them into an account, there are waaaay too many to fit into a single post :crazy:

ALBUM

CONTENT AND LANGUAGE WARNING FOR SOME PICTURES

Last edited:
Uploading now :P I'm just going to mass upload them into an account, there are waaaay too many to fit into a single post :crazy:

ALBUM

CONTENT AND LANGUAGE WARNING FOR SOME PICTURES

HAHA lol the "Riding the Black" book is hilarious.

Good shot, Pako, I can almost taste those crystals. Probably acid, anyway.
I'm glad you revived this thread - was searching for one like it and hoping I wouldn't have to make one, or go twisting someone's arm to create and maintain it.
There is a lot to discuss about phone photography - how to get the best out of it - all the amazing benefits a phone camera has (for instance its light weight - a lot less camera shake possible) and the various ways we can quickly take and upload shots into this Forum.
May come in handy one day, eh? Instant newsflash about the nearest Zombie uprising. With Pix. ;)

This was taken with an iPhone 3GS. Ambient light - 60 W Halogen Bulb. Dollar-store flashlight about three feet away from object to simulate headlights. Phone was held very close to subject - a 1:64 model.

IMG_0167.jpg

And another one -similar distance, except the lighting was only a 60 W Tungsten (yellow light) bulb.
IMG_0115.jpg

Hope to see more of you 'amateur' photographers bring your pro shots in here.
Cheers.
Harry.

Last edited:
Pako - I'm fighting with my distance shots; you managed a good one there. At first glance it could seem to be a shot taken with a 'regular' camera ;) , and not a lowly 'phone shot'.
The great thing about cell cams is that it's most often right there in your pocket.
I'm strolling through the parking lot to the Bank, and Bam! :
IMG_0764.jpg

Had to throw the Olds in for an oil change and new belt, so I'm hanging out in my mechanic's office while he's at the job. He has this awesome clock on the wall that always makes me go sick with envy. (I've already fought him over it and lost . . many times). Covet not thy neighbor's goods, I tell myself, sternly, but took a quick graven image. Cellphone camera to the rescue:
IMG_0750.jpg

Popped into the Swap Shop to 'check' (not that I actually needed anything - but because I was in the area) and found this Kart waiting to be sold, price - just under 2 Gs. Had no time to check it out in detail so grabbed a bunch of pics for later perusal. Cellphone camera in use again. Bond never had it this good. Here's one:
IMG_0759.jpg

Pako - I'm fighting with my distance shots; you managed a good one there. At first glance it could seem to be a shot taken with a 'regular' camera ;) , and not a lowly 'phone shot'.
The great thing about cell cams is that it's most often right there in your pocket.*snip*

Cool clock for sure! :D

Trust me, I get plenty of crappy cell phone shots, I just don't show those. ;)

The lighting has to be just perfect or it's crap. Composition has a lot to do with it to. I will say that this cell phone shot of the sky does no justice to what it looked like in real life (or if I took with my my D40x and wide angle lens).

It really seems to be all in the lighting.... I am using the original Droid by the way, 8mp 1AF.

Took it this morning after I finished practising, to be fair Instagram did the hard work but I do like the way it came out.

Took it this morning after I finished practising, to be fair Instagram did the hard work but I do like the way it came out.

My wife uses Instagram on her iPad. She loves it! Great program indeed...

MOAR!

Unbelievable. I almost called the Ludicrous Claims Department.

I have some cellphone photoshoots/stories but have to put it all together before I post. Will do soon.

I'm finding more and more that a cell cam does a lot of audio-visual work in our lives, from utilitarian to artistic; your shot (that a Strat? looks like the glass-green one that my son has) is very evocative - I can almost hear the hum. In fact it's synesthetic. :)

......Stormy, yet tranquil image........

Very nice composition. Is this unedited? Great range of cold colours makes the breeze feel chilly. And something's about to happen - what? :)

I use my phone in a hundred different ways - and a lot of it has to do with the camera it comes with.
For example - when I drive through the drive-through, and no one can make up what donut they want with their coffee, I fish my phone out, and hand this picture to them.
The choice is then easier to make - since they can actually see the choices now - right there in the car.

IMG_1428.jpg

Very nice composition. Is this unedited? Great range of cold colours makes the breeze feel chilly. And something's about to happen - what? :)

I use my phone in a hundred different ways - and a lot of it has to do with the camera it comes with.
For example - when I drive through the drive-through, and no one can make up what donut they want with their coffee, I fish my phone out, and hand this picture to them.
The choice is then easier to make - since they can actually see the choices now - right there in the car.

It's edited with Instagram, but thanks! :D I kept watching him for a while but I didn't see him catch anything 👎

I use my phone te same way :lol:
'Ye I want this and that blabla..
- Errr okay I'll see...

Those moments! And now I say to people, why didn't you take a picture??? :ouch: It's so normal for me to do, I really do it with everything. I can explain whole stories to friends with only photos :lol:

I recently got a new phone (iPhone5), coming from the 4, it's a step up for the camera. Going from 5mp to 8mp with the ability to take panorama photos (works great but haven't had the chance to make a nice one). I'll try to make one soon so I can show it off :sly:

I was driving along on a beautiful day when I noticed how good the mountains looked, so I snapped this one:
DSC_0055.jpg

And the Sunset on the Hudson, right off Kingston flats:
%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

And this guy on the way back into Esopus Creek:
lighthouse_in_the_fog_by_mintbronycrunch-d5gz4p3.png

Source

And I just love the way the colors in these two came out:
2012-06-14_12-12-03_629.jpg

2012-06-14_09-58-37_566.jpg

Hard to believe these were all taken with a cellphone camera. Props to Motorola.

Hard to believe these were all taken with a cellphone camera. Props to Motorola.

Love the third one 👍

Nice pics with the iPhone Takumi. I haven't really tried anything with mine yet.

Last edited:
It really seems to be all in the lighting....

+1

This seems to be the case with all photography, but where you have a bit more leeway using a proper camera, when using a cell phone it pretty much has to be perfect, like you said. That building shot of mine is a great example, when I turned onto the street the lighting was about as good as it gets.

Thanks for the kind words, photonrider. Einstien adorable, I only wish I would have tilted the shot up a bit and spent a smidge more time on the composition. 👍

The stairway shot has to have the best story, it's from a supposed 75-100 million dollar mansion being constructed in Houston, TX. Construction has been going on for 10 years. My crew was hired to clean the windows and chandeliers. :lol: The exterior is completely covered in marble and the interior has some insanely intricate woodwork going on.

Last edited:

Thanks for the kind words, photonrider. Einstien adorable, I only wish I would have tilted the shot up a bit and spent a smidge more time on the composition. 👍

I didn't want to appear too fussy or critical, but yes, you did give our beloved Einstein a bit of a new slant that time.:sly: It looks like you were in a hurry ; I'm sure you would have loved to play around with many compositional ideas standing in front of that mural.:)

The stairway shot has to have the best story, it's from a supposed 75-100 million dollar mansion being constructed in Houston, TX. Construction has been going on for 10 years. My crew was hired to clean the windows and chandeliers. :lol: The exterior is completely covered in marble and the interior has some insanely intricate woodwork going on.

Including the cupola?:scared:
My company deals with stuff like that, too - we do a lot of windows, both in and out and we do get to see some fascinating facets of both Life and Art. :dopey:

Some shots on-the-go:

241_zpsb243c811.jpg

303_zpsb20f2f83.jpg

Back