Challenge: Least PS to reach 350 km/h

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo PSP' started by chigrizund, Jan 6, 2010.

1. chigrizund

chigrizund

How much HP do you need to reach 350 km/h?
    My record so far is 346 PS (TVR Griffith 500'94) @ 350 km/h (some drafting, ofc).
    No cwcheat, no hybrids. Drafting is OK. Post some screenshots or replays.

2. thefraggle

thefraggle

The Veyron has enough horse power to easily get it to 400.7 km/h. i suspect you could easily do it in the Citreon GT and the Enzo too so i would start looking at those HP figures as a rough guide. The problem is when you get to a certain speed it requires a huge boost in HP to get a small increase in speed

3. chigrizund

chigrizund

allow me to clarify:
    I was looking for cars with topspeed (in kph) higher than their engine power (in PS).
    there are plenty of cars with 300 ps that can go 300 kph. Likewise, there are several cars with 310 ps that can go faster than 310 kph. Same thing with 330 ps/kph. So far, the intersection is at 350 ps/kph point. Did anybody get better results? Like 360 kph in a 360 ps car (M3 CSL, for example)?

4. GTCr@zyPSP

GTCr@zyPSP (Banned)

WOW

That's a tad different from "How much HP do you need to reach 350 km/h?"

Anyways, the faster you go the more HP it takes to go faster.

5. Goldrusher

Goldrusher

Don't be stupid.

The thread title is already crystal clear: "Challenge: Least PS to reach 350 km/h"

Then he ask the question "How much HP do you need to reach 350 km/h?" as in "what is the bare minimum, to get to 350 kph."

6. GTCr@zyPSP

GTCr@zyPSP (Banned)

Relax yourself there buddy :dunce:

"Least PS to reach 350" & "I was looking for cars with topspeed (in kph) higher than their engine power (in PS)"

Is STILL a Tad different.

Don't be Stupid....

7. LeGeNd-1

LeGeNd-1 Premium

There is just one problem with this challenge though: there is no gear tuning in GTPSP. So some cars has the power (and clearly able to reach 350 km/h), but their gears are too short. Others juuuust have enough to reach 350 km/h in theory, but their gearing is a tad too long. It'll be a different story if hybrids are involved, but your first post clearly states no hybrids, so I guess it's just a matter of time (and a lot of driving) until we found the car in question.

BTW, you haven't posted a picture of you doing 350 in a Griffith. Are the gear ratios in a Griffith that long :odd:?

8. WesWelker83

WesWelker83 (Banned)

I can get up to 248mph without drafting in the Veyron and 268mph with drafting. No offense but drafting is usually different each time so I think it may be better to not include drafting so it's easier to figure the car that truly can reach that speed with the least power. Just my opinon. Great idea for a thread though. I'll have to switch my units to metric to post the cars I can do it with

9. chigrizund

chigrizund

It is different, but interrelated.
    As I mentioned, I was looking for cars that have higher speed in kph than their engine power in PS.
    After some experimenting, I found out that the only sub-360 hp car that can go 360 or more kph (that is 223.7 mph for metrically challenged :)) is the TVR Griffith:
    It has 346 ps* and can go 359 kph (362-365 is very doable).

So my search continued in two directions:
    a) are there any other sub-360 hp cars that can go 360 or more kph.
    b) are there any sub-370 hp cars that can go 370 or more kph.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 9, 2010
  10. chigrizund

chigrizund

This is precisely the reason I want drafting to be allowed: without it the challenge will be dull and straightforward (the only variable factor being set-up, but there is not much set-upping that we can do in PSP). :sly:

11. WesWelker83

WesWelker83 (Banned)

I think both are great ideas though but you're right that drafting makes the test more interesting. I get why you want to include drafting now. It makes sense bcuz I don't think there's any other way for the speed in kph to be higher than the cars PS. thanks for all the metric conversions. I'm slightly metric illiterite. I know that 100kph=62mph, 200=124, 300=186, etc... and that hp is only a lil less than PS.

12. LeGeNd-1

LeGeNd-1 Premium

Thanks for the pic. I never thought the 5th gear on a Griffith is that long :scared:. Now I'm going to try this out myself :).

1 mph = 1.6 km/h
    To convert from mph to km/h, multiply by 1.6
    To convert from km/h to mph, divide by 1.6

1 HP = 1.014 PS
    To convert from HP to PS, multiply by 1.014
    To convert from PS to HP, divide by 1.014

Hope that helps :).