Nordschleife World Record Challenge

• Thread starter zocker_16
  • 89 comments
good lord!
not even going to try... I find it ridiculous, but have to give credit for the skill and dedication.
Shaking my head in disbelief.

...imagine what would happen to human body on Nordschleife if driven so hard and fast, I presume we would call a priest at the end of the one lap and also forensics to find what internal organ is what ... :)

you'd probably black out and crash pretty quickly unless you had some kind of fighter jet style setup where the inside of the cockpit is pressurised and you have to wear a special suit. personally i'd rather be 20000ft in the air at that speed since there's less stuff to crash into at 400mph

Very cool challenge!

The followup question to this was ofcourse; can this be beaten, and the natural place to go for that is ofcourse GT sport. After a night of testing I can safely say that yes, this can be beaten, the car has even more potential in GT sport.

This is very much in my pipeline, but I have the aim set quite a bit higher, as I want the first time ever under 3 minutes, and I really do believe this is possible.

In any case, I'll keep a look out in this thread, and I look forward to more people joining the competition for the fastest time ever aroud the infamous green hell.

Yes there is still some time left on track.
The problem is see with the GT Sport version of the Tomahawk is downforce. In GT6 it was possible to flat out several parts of the track for example Flugplatz. In GT Sport the car lifts off and crashes. In my opinion it was easier to set a lap time in GT6 because you just had to aim for the track. In GT Sport you also have to know at which speed the car will start to fly away on different points.
A sub 3.10 is definitely possible but under 3 min seems impossible from my point of view.

I´m curious about what you can achieve :cheers:

Yes there is still some time left on track.
The problem is see with the GT Sport version of the Tomahawk is downforce. In GT6 it was possible to flat out several parts of the track for example Flugplatz. In GT Sport the car lifts off and crashes. In my opinion it was easier to set a lap time in GT6 because you just had to aim for the track. In GT Sport you also have to know at which speed the car will start to fly away on different points.
A sub 3.10 is definitely possible but under 3 min seems impossible from my point of view.

I´m curious about what you can achieve :cheers:
That is true, it does lack downforce, and at the same time it cant quite reach the top speed of the GT6 version either. But somehow it manages to make up time in between that. I ran 3:20 with stock setup with not too much problem, even having an off here and there, so loads of time left in it. In GT6 I tried my very best, and I still only managed 3:33. Thats a 13 seconds improvement, and thats why I thought sub 3 min was possible, but maybe you are right, sub 3 min might be impossible, but I think its worth trying. :)

Edit: Just seen that you did 3:24 in that event, so you improved a full 10 seconds yourself... :)

Last edited:

3'05.497

https://www.gran-turismo.com/jp/gtsport/user/notifications/replay/1036617/5044688004519559168

knUIxmS.jpg

Di9Pxuy.jpg

Last edited:
You would think they GT Planet would put up am article. Sick of seeing Forza and every other racer on the front page of a grand turismo site. They should make speporate channels for each game like IGN does for the consoles

My old ass reactions couldn't even try to keep up with that,props to those who can.

I'll be keeping an eye on the thread though,see if any of these human flies can break the 3 minute barrier.

Good luck 👍👍

You would think they GT Planet would put up am article. Sick of seeing Forza and every other racer on the front page of a grand turismo site. They should make speporate channels for each game like IGN does for the consoles

You could have quoted someone from the team. How do you expect an article if no one is mentioned?

@Famine @SlipZtrEm @Brend

Also, if you hover "Games" you have separate categories for each game/section.

123.png

If you think something should be an article, our PM box is always open. With all the news in the industry it's easy for things to fall through the cracks.

👍

A few things:
  • We're not omnipresent. If you think something is deserving of an article, tag one of the editorial team.
  • It's "GTPlanet", and we cover a variety of racing games. This is not new.
  • I'm not sure what "grand turismo" is, but if the mere visual of other games offends your eyeballs so greatly, there's a drop-down menu for specific games on the front page.

Fantastic lap Glidelator! :bowdown:
Congratulation! 👍

Thank you for posting your setup. Looks like yours is generating more downforce so topspeed is lower but you can flat out for example on Flugplatz and have higher corner speeds in general. When i have some time i´ll gib this set a try maybe i can improve my lap also.

Thank you.
I think that the car height is affecting the top speed being slow.
I feel that the sense of stability of cornering increases.:boggled:

(I'm using a translator)

What the 🤬 have I just watched!!!

My eyeballs can’t even keep up with that speed let alone actually trying to have a go myself

Back