Nordschleife World Record Challenge

• Thread starter zocker_16
  • 89 comments
3;35:- is the closest I can get with the Tomahawk. Might share the replay, I always manage to lose a lot of time in the Karussell, but how I'll get 30 seconds faster is a mystery.

Last edited:
Try doing the 919Hybrid lap record.
I had the same idea today. :lol:
Problem is that the Porsche 919 is limited to 107% power. I don´t know the exact values at the moment but it´s a few hundred HP weaker. The car is simply to slow on the straight to make a good comparison.
The Audi R18 TDI would be better as it can be set to 170% power, which is about the same HP range as the 919 Evo.
I did a lap just above the 5 min barrier some time ago:

With the right aerodynamic settings and on medium or hard racing tires, i could maybe match the time and line of the real 919 Evo quite good with the Audi.

What's also different is, is this car still an official 919 Hybrid? It doesn't have the lights etcetera as it's peers in class(modifications:...changes made to the 919 Evo are an enlarged front diffuser and rear wing, the addition of DRS at the front and rear, and considerably more power)- https://www.autosport.com/wec/news/135299/modified-porsche-lmp1-car-beats-spa-f1-record

I know all kinds of cars set official lap records, but this is like an open class record, rather than a WEC record for those type of cars. I'm not bashing Porsche for ripping the chains off to see what it can do. So, will we ever see how fast the WEC version can lap the 'Ring, or is this all the world is going to get?

Here we go the Porsche 919 Hybrid "Evo" around the Nordschleife. :D
I tried to recreate the specs of the real one by increasing power, decreasing weight, less downforce and a longer gearbox.
My time: 5.16,703

Papa from GTRP had a good idea to compare the laps by posting two videos in one post. So start one Video, Pause at one point, start the next and then let them run simultaneous. It shows how close PD got to reality at this combo :bowdown:

Here we go the Porsche 919 Hybrid "Evo" around the Nordschleife. :D
I tried to recreate the specs of the real one by increasing power, decreasing weight, less downforce and a longer gearbox.
My time: 5.16,703

Out of a few runs my best time was 5:21, this makes me want to give it another go. I was running max downforce though, perhaps I'm losing time with that.

Papa from GTRP had a good idea to compare the laps by posting two videos in one post. So start one Video, Pause at one point, start the next and then let them run simultaneous. It shows how close PD got to reality at this combo :bowdown:
The time is almost the same but the driving is totally different.Your car has much more grip in the corners.
Flugplatz:You you take the jump and turn with full throttle while in the real record the driver brake before the jump(so the car does not fly away) and then lift off the throttle before the corner and then takes the corner with throttle,makes the same and in the Schwedenkreuz.
Metzgesfeld(the first corner):You take the corner with full throttle while in the real record the driver brake before the corner.
These are just three examples of a drastic difference between GTS and the real world.

The time is almost the same but the driving is totally different.Your car has much more grip in the corners.
Flugplatz:You you take the jump and turn with full throttle while in the real record the driver brake before the jump(so the car does not fly away) and then lift off the throttle before the corner and then takes the corner with throttle,makes the same and in the Schwedenkreuz.
Metzgesfeld(the first corner):You take the corner with full throttle while in the real record the driver brake before the corner.
These are just three examples of a drastic difference between GTS and the real world.
I guess thats all true, but keep in mind @zocker_16 is gonig absolutely flat out. Timo Bernard was most definitely driving with a bit of safety marginal, as its not really a competitiion, just a showcase, and the Nordsleife is very very VERY dangerous at those speeds. He could probably take Flugplatz flat out but chose not to take the risk. (look what happend to Jann Mardenborough)

Yes, but the two topics are very related, as they are both about the fastest time around the ring given no rules.
The Tomahawk is the king in the virtual world (any game), and the 919 Evo is the king IRL. :)

These differences are because of different specs of the car. GT Sport don´t give us the possibility to use the same settings as the real car.
Biggest point is the power with 399 kw (542 hp) the fully tuned 919 in the game only has half the power of the 919 Evo adding it´s hybrid. You can see i´m much slower on the straights and during accelerating. Thats why i need to win time through the corners.
I drove with 796 kg compared to 849 kg of the real one. Which gives small improvements there. Also the super soft racing tires have more grip than the real ones in my opinion. Less power and more grip thats why i can flat out several parts the track the real one can´t.

With more power in the car and medium or soft tires i think the comparison would match even better. Also i think theres still some theoretical time left on the real lap. Without the "fear factor" the car could be a few seconds faster.
Apart from this i gained most of the time during the carousel and after the final straight. These are the parts with the biggest disparency between GT Sport and reality.

Last edited:
mother of mary! There is some sort of Matrix shizzle going on here.. you even had time to adjust the BB on the fly! :nervous:

Back