Nordschleife World Record Challenge

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by zocker_16, Jan 31, 2018.

1. zocker_16

zocker_16

Since the Nürburgring Nordschleife was introduced in GT4 there has been this one ultimative challenge.
    Whats the fastest lap time you can achieve on this awesome track?
    Bringing the physics of the game and the reaction time of your brain to it´s absolute limit.

- GT4 had the Minolta and the Formula GT racing for the crown with lap times about 4.40 min
    - in GT5 the Red Bull X2010 managed to shave off more than 1 minute of that
    - in GT6 there was a new contender the Tomahawk X VGT and players doing lap times < 3.20 min

Now it´s time for GT Sport.

I know there´s nothing like an official world record, but with a challenge on GTPlanet and some of the worlds fastest players the odds are good to achieve the real world record (even nobody knows if it is). At least we can find the fastest driver on GTPlanet. ;)

The rules are simple:
    Modus: Time Attack
    Track: Nordschleife
    Car: SRT Tomahawk X VGT
    Setup: Free
    Driving assists: Free

Only rule is to submit a "clean lap"
    As a long time GTP-Member i suggest to use the good old definition for a clean lap:
    Allways at least two tires on the track (curbs = track) and no kind of shortcutting, wallriding etc. .
    I hope there are some more hobby jet pilots out there who want to give this a try. :cool:

Even theres nothing to win here, replays and screenshots of posted times are recommended. :cheers:

I´ll start the challenge with my current best time: 3.26,662

Update new time: 3.14,950

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
    GTsail, McLover F1, ProjectF and 36 others like this.
  2. ChevapBH

ChevapBH

Haha that looks comical! Good job though.

3. .star.

.star.

That looks soooo weird. good job...

4. zocker_16

zocker_16

I managed to improve my previous time by more than 11 seconds. :eek:
    New record is 3.14,950 now.

I checked Youtube and the GT Sport replay section and didn't find any faster lap. So this could possibly be the fastest (or at least fastest public) clean lap on the Nordschleife in GT Sport so far. :sly:

The replay is shared on my GT Sport profile (Zocker16_GTRP) and will upload the new video during the next days.
    So if you want to watch it just go to my page in the game.
    It would be nice to see someone else joining this challenge :cheers:

5. Jamie Bbbbb

Jamie Bbbbb

I'd rather grind my face across sandpaper than try and keep that thing on the road, but good luck to you guys :gtpflag:

6. polizei

polizei

i remember trying to do the challenge in gt5 or 6 with the redbull car and i had to pull the power from my G27 because it was vibrating to violently every time i touched a strip.

7. oamoShotya

oamoShotya

The saying ''trust the downforce'' just got a whole new meaning

ProjectF, Dave Beerman and hejustsits like this.
  8. Chris___75

Chris___75

No way man. That's just wicked.

Dave Beerman likes this.
  9. GT5_komp

GT5_komp

I have often wondered what a car racing game would be like at wipeout speeds and now I know. (wipeout the game).

600 on the speedo lol insane. Nice driving, no flying.. whatever it was gg!!

Dave Beerman likes this.
  10. Shottah072

Shottah072

This is just insane lmao :lol:

Thorin Cain likes this.
  11. Macboyilija

Macboyilija

This could easily be a daily race ...

OdeFinn, crooky369 and GT5_komp like this.
  12. ChilledMatt

ChilledMatt

Can you catch flies with chopsticks?

13. PirovacBoy

PirovacBoy

That’s sick, I would have liked to see the expression in your face and Body Language while doing this :p

14. iamjajo

iamjajo

Actually GT5 had a trophy for the GTR. Using a stock GTR rent a car from the arcade, on SH tires with no tuning. Get it around the track in 7:29.03 and you got the trophy. Lots of fun. Maybe you want to try it with a modern GTR under the same conditions.

Dave Beerman, phil_75, Knukel and 2 others like this.
  15. hznbrq

hznbrq

Extremely impressive, interesting challenge, but to get used to driving this car on this track would take more time than I can spare and more patience than I possess

JacksHerer likes this.
  16. Stotty

Stotty Premium

Amazing speed, @zocker_16!

Waaaaaay too fast for my old reactions :lol:

17. Renrag39

Renrag39

Someone had their Weetabix and Redbull this morning!!! Wow!!!

!!!News Report!!!
    @zocker_16 a.k.a. The Human Hummingbird, Was found in his living room in the early hours of this morning. Presumed dead or possibly comatose. We're not sure though, it could be that his heart is beating too fast to register on normal equipment. He was found with an espesso machine mainlined into his Carotid, 26 empty boxes of Weetabix and 27951 empty Redbull cans and clutching a Steering Wheel that had been ripped off the servo base. He has no idea that his Daily Workout Reward was the P4.

18. raghza

raghza

This looks ridiculous, yet amazingly cool :D

19. Hellburner

Hellburner

This looks like those fast forward chases in a cheap-ass movie ;-) Impressive driving though, I can't even manage to get gold on the circuit experience with the M6...

Alpha Cipher, meck_rb7 and crooky369 like this.
  20. zocker_16

zocker_16

Here it is, my 3.14,950 run with the SRT Tomahawk X VGT. :D
    I think it´s possible to drive even faster through several corners, but it´s nearly impossible to nail the line in every corner at a speed >350 km/h.
    Also there are several bumps on the road which can cause a take off at a critical speed.

I updated information about my wheel and the settings in the video description. :)

21. Chris___75

Chris___75

Your a machine!

22. GTP_Remo

GTP_Remo Premium

That's just silly. :gtpflag:

23. Guffaluff

Guffaluff

Haha whoa! This looks like a time-lapse video :D

My hats off to you OP, this is truly insane! :eek::eek:

Skiddy likes this.
  24. IronVortex75

IronVortex75

I have to try this later :-) 600kph!

25. praiano63

praiano63 Premium

I remember this in GT6 , i was in the top ten times if i remember pluging out the USB of my G27 to let it very light , almost no resistance , this was the only way for me at this time to be fast enough with my driving inputs. Not possible to do this anymore with G29.

The Cake and Johnnypenso like this.
  26. rex1825

rex1825

...imagine what would happen to human body on Nordschleife if driven so hard and fast, I presume we would call a priest at the end of the one lap and also forensics to find what internal organ is what ... :)

IronVortex75 likes this.
  27. phil_75

phil_75

HOLY ......!!
    My eyes cant even keep up

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2018
  28. jasguer

jasguer

Pfft, CSA and ASM. :D

No, seriously, that’s amazing :bowdown: I’m going to have to give that a shot when I get home from work. I estimate 487 attempts before there’s a clean lap and another 10 years before I break the 5 minute mark. :dunce:

Krypton78 and Renrag39 like this.
  29. Brainhulk

Brainhulk

Can you please not set the video to 2x speed? I wanna watch it at normal.

30. ERAZER

ERAZER

Very cool challenge!

A few weeks ago I was asked what is the fastest time ever around the nurburgring, on any platform, with any car.
    Afer some thinking and research, I concluded it had to be the 3:10.001 set on the 24'th of july 2015 by "khmnt1995" from japan in the SRT Tomahawk X VGT Super Lap seasonal event on GT6. There are faster times out there, but they all use cheats.

It is of general belief that the STR Tomahawk has more potential than the Red Bull X fan cars, and this was set in an official event held by polyphony digital. It was also done using Racing Soft tyres, so it seemed this really could be the fastest clean lap ever, and I believe it was.

The followup question to this was ofcourse; can this be beaten, and the natural place to go for that is ofcourse GT sport. After a night of testing I can safely say that yes, this can be beaten, the car has even more potential in GT sport.

This is very much in my pipeline, but I have the aim set quite a bit higher, as I want the first time ever under 3 minutes, and I really do believe this is possible.

In any case, I'll keep a look out in this thread, and I look forward to more people joining the competition for the fastest time ever aroud the infamous green hell.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2018