Championship?

• Thread starter AlexCOP
  • 47 comments
I tried to start one of these a while back and it didnt really get going at all, I'll join but your organisation skills will have to be better than mine if you get this going.

The problem is the online is regen specific so only Euro players can play each other and only American players can play each other, and sadly there just isnt enough of either to get a good championship going, but I'll give you my full support anyway.

Hey All

I have had this game for a while, played it a couple of times but only this weekend have I given it a serious go, I'm hooked!

Anyway, until we can get a championship up & running, I am up for a weekend of F1 fantasies!

Anyone want to join me this coming weekend, Friday, Saturday or Sunday, whatever suits everyone best?

For the 1st race, I propose:

Grand Prix: Bahrain
Laps: 11/20?
Collisions: ON
Pits: ON
Weather: Random
Grid Position: Qualifying

Feel free to suggest changes and other races...

You in?

Yeah, I'd be up for maybe late on Friday. I think Appie is away this week but I'm sure there will be a few others up for it. I think 20 laps with dry weather, not sure about random but whatever everyone else whats its fine with me.

Hi GT4genius, 20 laps in the sunshine sounds good!

Appie, I'll definatley be up for more than one weekend of racing, will catch you sooner or later!

We can sort out the finer details & start times etc nearer the weekend.

Private rooms are beautiful! 👍

I think Wayne will be glad to join us in this championship. Will ask him soon to visit this site:)

I think Wayne will be glad to join us in this championship. Will ask him soon to visit this site:)

Are you going to race on Friday? Or did you mean you were going away this weekend or going away at the end of June. Because I think Gnobody took it up as you were not going to be racing on Friday. :confused: But if you are it'll be great that'll be 5 people, almost half the maximum grid.

Hi mr_lip, looking foward to it!

Appie, would be great to get Wayne and some other GT5net boys in!

Would be great if we could get a half or even full grid of GTP/GT forum members! 👍

I will add all the guys that are up for it to my PSN friends list so I can invite you all to the 1st race and we can carry on from there.

Any other suggestions for tracks and racing conditions? I need to know so I can get some practice in, only been racing on Bahrain and Suzuka in the dry! :dopey:

Are you going to race on Friday? Or did you mean you were going away this weekend or going away at the end of June. Because I think Gnobody took it up as you were not going to be racing on Friday. :confused: But if you are it'll be great that'll be 5 people, almost half the maximum grid.

Nah, End of Juny i iwll go on vacation. I cna race this friday. i just need an time when we will race:)

Hi mr_lip, looking foward to it!

Appie, would be great to get Wayne and some other GT5net boys in!

Would be great if we could get a half or even full grid of GTP/GT forum members! 👍

I will add all the guys that are up for it to my PSN friends list so I can invite you all to the 1st race and we can carry on from there.

Any other suggestions for tracks and racing conditions? I need to know so I can get some practice in, only been racing on Bahrain and Suzuka in the dry! :dopey:

Sure thing. Will link him soon when he gets back:tup:

What about picking a time? I will be available for the 1 race from 10.30pm onwards, thats GMT+1. What times suit you guys?

Yep, GT4genius is right, I thought that Appie meant he couldn't make it this weekend, glad you can!

10:00pm is fine with me, I will probably be on a bit earlier, maybe from 9pm, but I will make sure that the room is set up and ready to go for 10:30 if that is the time best for all for the 'official' first race!

You only having one race GT4 genius? If so, I'm up for some saturday racing....

Considering that the real Gran Prix this weekend is at Magny-Cours, France, shall we have our own virtual FORMULA 1 GRAND PRIX DE FRANCE 2008 as the first/official race?

How many races are you guys up for on Friday? Shall we just see how it goes after the fisrt race?

I might have time for a second or third but I'm not sure yet, each race will be about 30minutes though. And I wont be about Saturday night but I should have plenty of time after TopGear on Sunday.
In the 20 lap race do we pit for fuel and tires once?

Not too sure mate, I think that choice of strategy is up to you, I have never raced 20 laps online before, but I would imagine that you would need at least 2 or 3 pits providing that you not damge your car.

The most fuel (as far as I can remember) I have had has only been for 8 laps, if thats the case then you will definately need 3 pits.

Haven't been playing this game long so I'm not sure bout how your strategy affects the pits, maybe if you opt for a 2 stop strategy, the team will fill you with enough fuel for 10 laps each?

Do our strategies dictate the number of pits or does the number of pits dictate our strategy? Or both?

BTW, If I set the room up with a password, do you guys need it to get in the room if I invite you directly from within the game, or do you still need it to get in regardless?

Not too sure mate, I think that choice of strategy is up to you, I have never raced 20 laps online before, but I would imagine that you would need at least 2 or 3 pits providing that you not damge your car.

The most fuel (as far as I can remember) I have had has only been for 8 laps, if thats the case then you will definately need 3 pits.

Haven't been playing this game long so I'm not sure bout how your strategy affects the pits, maybe if you opt for a 2 stop strategy, the team will fill you with enough fuel for 10 laps each?

Do our strategies dictate the number of pits or does the number of pits dictate our strategy? Or both?

BTW, If I set the room up with a password, do you guys need it to get in the room if I invite you directly from within the game, or do you still need it to get in regardless?

With 8 laps of fuel you will only have to stop twice lap 8 and 16 and with regard to damage I think if its terminal the car just resets fully fixed from were you crashed, if its just a nose cone I forget what happens, I'll try it out tonight and see.
With a password protection I would say you would have to tell us it even if you invited us. But if you are going to add everyone to your PSN list then you shouldnt need a password for it at all.
If you want we could have a test run for 1 race this evening to sort these issues out. At about 9.30?

Sounds good mate, I should be home by then, if not 10pm the latest, cool?

I think I will need to password protect the room in any case just so that we can race in private, unless you guys don't mind Joe public joing?

OK mate, I'll do that.

I will give it until 9pm on Friday night to check this thread and see who is up for racing, add all relevant names to my PSN friends list, then invite all to the 1st 'official' race for 10pm.

I will probly be racing online before, so we can have some casual races if anyone is online early.

I will add you tonight GT4genius for our trial run.

It's been a little while, but when racing 20 laps online it is technically possible to get away with a 1 pit strategy. BUT, if I remember correctly, it takes a fair bit of fuel conservation to do so and I was never able to successfully get away with it. Regardless do not pit when your race manager tells you to, you can stay out for at least 2 more laps.

Anyway hope you guys have fun 👍

I'm nearly sure Amsterdam is one hour ahead of Ireland and the UK. So that would make the 'official' race be at 11 o clock for you.

That went well enough? Sorry I had to stop. I got the fastest time though :sly:! And Appie you deserved the win I was spining too often.
How about making it 10laps though and I dont think there was any damage in that, was there?

Sorry about the mix up at the begining I didnt get any invite from you Gnobody so I just set that one up myself.

Well the test race went really well. Too bad i couldnt beat ur time GT. I was pushing like hell every lap oh and 10 laps would be good too.

Overall it was an great race. I wonder if this was fun, what about with more people:cheers:

what about with more people:cheers:
:dopey: As long as I don't sleep though my alarm clock. I can always join..

Oh.. and shot-gun the Super Aguri, I can be the no0bie at the back :sly:

Back