Championship?

• Thread starter AlexCOP
  • 47 comments
Good racing last night, you guys are fast! I tried to keep up but the faster I went, the more mistakes I made!

I had to pit 3 times, twice for fuel and once because I spun and took my nose cone off!

Nice lap by GTgenius, 1.32.xxx.

I think the game was 'playing up' a little last night, I had trouble loading my online profile, got an error while I tried setting up a game and my pit team were not talking to me like they usually do!

Hope it's OK tonight, looking forward to it!

10 laps is fine with me....

I will probably be on from about 20:30 ish, for some warm up races, I wll try to invite whoever is online to the room at the time.

GT4genius, do you mind hosting the 'official' race, you seemed to have more luck than I did in getting us together...

Waynz, you can keep me some company at the back!

Magny-Cours sounds good, we can see what track everybody is up for, we can have a few races at different tracks if peeps are up for it...

What time do you want the official race at, I was thinking 10.30? I'll have time for some practice at 8.30 although I may have to leave at 9-ish.
I will host if you want me to be but I dont know how well my bandwidth will hold up when 5 or 6 people are on, so it might be a bit laggy.
Is everyone agreed on 10laps in France?

10:30 is fine with me genius, as is 10 laps in sunny France!

I'm gonna get some practice in at Magny, see ya there for some laps!

If you have trouble hosting, I will give it a go..

I was thinking of making a lobby with the name GTP at 10.25, I'll send everyone interested in it a password by PM to enter the lobby. What do yous think? If anyone else is interested and has not mentioned it here yet please do so before 9.30. All times GMT+1.

Ok the lobby is up. Did everyone get their PMs? Race will begin at 1030, post on this if any of you are having any problems with it.
So hope to see you all there and have fun racing win or lose and pray that the lag stays away!

I've finally got my hands on a copy of F1:CE, not played it yet (though I did play the demo a while back), but I'm wondering if this is still going?
If not, I may start a new thread and better organise this, after I've played the game a bit!

I've finally got my hands on a copy of F1:CE, not played it yet (though I did play the demo a while back), but I'm wondering if this is still going?
If not, I may start a new thread and better organise this, after I've played the game a bit!

A well organised thread with results and proper times would probably be the best thing.
Its a great game and I'm sure you will love it, and also find the weather extremely irritating just like in real life!

A well organised thread with results and proper times would probably be the best thing.
Its a great game and I'm sure you will love it, and also find the weather extremely irritating just like in real life!

lol, I've just started career, and I failed my trial with Toro Rosso but passed for Super Aguri. Now I'm up and down with testing, I curse my team for deciding to go and test negative rear camber! Damn them! I was just getting used to equal camber, and then they upset the car with negative rear!
Well, anyway, I love the actual game so far, just finding it really tough to get going, but thats a combination of me not knowing the tracks and the damned sun causing visibilty to go into the "guess where the braking point is" zone.

So, so far: fun but tough. I'm wondering, how many testing sessions do I need to pass to progress? I've failed 2 because the first one I didn't know what I was doing and the third one the team screwed me over with negative rear camber, I should probably approach this with more patience, but it's a little frustrating at times.

I'm up for organising a new thread, I can even create a proper table for drivers points, etc.

I think you should set up the new thread because we cant change the first post in this and this is a bit all over the place.
Try some of the other threads to find out about career progression, I usually do weekend races thats all and I hate those time trials in the evening they are so annoying with the sun.
Add some of your times to the PB thread to see how you rank up against the others.
If you want any help with setting up anything for the championship I'd be more than willing to help.

Yeah, I'm going to start a new thread for it, I will after a couple of days first, I dont want to jump into a full blown championship with you lot till I know what I'm doing. Theres only a few tracks im familiar with right now, and I haven't a clue with setups yet, so i have a lot to work on.

I've had a look at the online multiplayer, so I have a rough idea of how I'm going to set this up.

I've literally only played the game less than 2 hours, so I'm going to need some time to get used to it yet. No where near the pace for setting hotlaps.

Back