Chances of Porsche in GT6

Paid Porsche DLC

• Total voters
If one can afford all those cars, I'm sure he has deep enough pockets that saving any money to support it isn't really a thing. Also, think about the deal with Porsche for a second. EA clearly believes, and it holds true to an extant, that having Porsche causes people to buy Need for Speed games over others. Just to have Porsches. Played Monopoly before? If you get say, Boardwalk, are you just going to let someone else have it? Either by passing up the chance to own it or sell it off. No, you keep it as it's an asset, a great one at that. While now this next part is my opinion, if they could, I wouldn't have any doubt that Polyphony would have offered whatever amount of licensing fees to get those cars.

Hilarious. Lets all get mad at PD now that ONLY Microsoft has been able to get Porsches in both its games.

This not a bad list but also not a great list that is included.

The full car list for the Porsche Expansion Pack for Forza Horizon 2 on Xbox One:

· 2003 Porsche Carrera GT
· 1989 Porsche 944 Turbo
· 1987 Porsche 959
· 1982 Porsche 911 Turbo 3.3
· 1970 Porsche 914/6
· 2015 Porsche Cayman GTS
· 2012 Porsche 911 GT3 RS 4.0 (997)
· 2014 Porsche 911 Turbo S
· 2014 Porsche 918 Spyder
· 2015 Porsche Macan Turbo

http://www.autoblog.com/2015/06/08/porsche-returns-forza-horizon-2-expansion-video/

Wouldn't jump to Xbox just for those 10. Maybe if there were a 356, a 993, a 550, and some of the race cars.

Maybe one day PD will have some but I'm not holding my breath. Guess I'll just stick to real life autocross and track days to drive P cars hard (there's one out there for every budget).

Last edited:
And I'll just stick to rFactor mods for mah Racing Porsche fix.

Sorry, but throwing out much more money (after only now just getting a PS4) is not worth justifying a whole other console just for one make. Screw them, there is nothing in this world that I'm willing to do just for one German Manufacterer that thinks its only worth trusting its license to a company that has some of the worst sports games known to everyone. I have no hope for them to ever be on GT and don't care.

I wouldn't get too excited - EA already made a deal for Forza 4 - and nothing happened in GT5. Now MS shelled out another bag of money and we have this "$agreement$" :D

Just MS using their $ to sell more Xboxes. The sum is probably out of the realm of reasonable investment. The cash MS gave EA will not cover by a long stretch the extra copies of games sold.

But this is MS we're talking about and they can do that.

Sony don't need to and can't afford such frivolous spendings.

The list is ok-ish but would you rather have these two:

Porsche_911_GT1_Coupe_1998_frontleft_2009-03-14_A.JPG porsche_spyder_550_1955_2.jpg

Or these two:

2015-porsche-macan-fd.jpg 1970_Porsche_914_6_Orange_Front_1.jpg

But maybe they had to include certain cars specified by Porsche ? That would explain the Macan and 914 instead of a several better, more iconic and more recognizable or unique Porsche models like

993 turbo

928/928 GTS

935/78-81 "Moby Dick"

or the 911 GT1 of Mark Webber.

Any of those instead of Macan and 914 - just a personal opinion. ;)

Sorry, but throwing out much more money (after only now just getting a PS4) is not worth justifying a whole other console just for one make. Screw them, there is nothing in this world that I'm willing to do just for one German Manufacterer that thinks its only worth trusting its license to a company that has some of the worst sports games known to everyone. I have no hope for them to ever be on GT and don't care.
It is if it's what you want. I spent a lot more than the price of a console just to drive the exact same cars, forget about new cars, but with different physics and graphics. We all have different priorities. Switching to Forza for Porsche makes a lot of sense if you love Porsche..to me anyway, just like if you love Japanese classic cars switching to GT would make sense as well.

I bet you do care really :lol:

I used to, but honestly I don't now. I don't even see the point of these threads but they keep showing up regardless.

I stopped caring because I finally understand the definition of insanity. Some people however still don't.

It is if it's what you want. I spent a lot more than the price of a console just to drive the exact same cars, forget about new cars, but with different physics and graphics. We all have different priorities. Switching to Forza for Porsche makes a lot of sense if you love Porsche..to me anyway, just like if you love Japanese classic cars switching to GT would make sense as well.

Maybe its due to me never being able to afford to own multiple consoles, but I'll never understand that (likewise, the idea of buying a PS4 JUST for GT7 seems just nuts to me.)

In all honesty will it change much if Porsche is added? I mean we get a few new stuff like the 91 series (917/919) and the 962C perhaps and maybe the 550 Spyder but all the 911's/Caymans we have in the form of RUF.

I take it that if Porsche showed up in GT we'd get lots of 911 variants, not like it's a bad thing or anything.

I take it that if Porsche showed up in GT we'd get lots of 911 variants, not like it's a bad thing or anything.
Considering the 911 variants Porsche currently offer, and the different models, PD could add upwards of 50 911's. Possibly even over 100

I have given up on ever seeing Porsche in GT. The new agreement with Forza strikes me as having a stipulation that GT will not be permitted to feature them. That is just my feeling and is not based on any evidence.

Like many of you guys I have been playing GT for over 16 years without Porsche and it has never detracted from my enjoyment of the series. If it were to happen then great as they have many historic machines, but should GT continue to be devoid of Porsche I will not be any less interested in GT.

Considering the 911 variants Porsche currently offer, and the different models, PD could add upwards of 50 911's. Possibly even over 100

Right. Because we got every Ferrari ever made once they appeared in the GT series? The problem is that PD's output of new car models is not that high to begin with, and they're wasting a lot of resources with the VGT cars. Admittedly, it's my own personal opinion, that it's a waste. Other people may love to drive invented cars with ridiculous alleged performance figures instead of current or historic real cars.

Fact of the matter is, we still have got none of the last 5 Ferraris (FF, F12 Berlinetta, LaFerrari, California T, 458 Speciale) in Gran Turismo, so it would be a fair assumption that even if we got Porsche at some point, it would probably be on a very limited scale.

$20 Porsche expansion pack for GT6 / GT7 would the best gift from PD and it would pay themselves every penny for EA fees. It's just mystery for me that pack never been created, other than MS paid EA even more for absence of Porsche in GT series. Even then, there's certainly the sideway to go - create all RUFs + Dauer 962 Le Mans in premium Quality for GT. Today, we don't even have that wonderfull CTR Yellowbird :confused:

What we have in the GT series now:
3400S: Porsche Boxster GTS
BTR: A better version of the 930
RGT: A 911 GT3
CTR Yellowbird: Can't really compare it to anything
CTR2: 911 GT2RS
Do we still need Porsche???
And the chances in GT6:
0.001%

maybe no (expect for race cars), but we need more RUF

what we can have without Porsche license

RUF RtR (991)
RUF Rt35S (991 GTS)
RUF Rt35 (991)
RUF Rt35 Roadster (991 Cabrio)
RUF Turbo Florio (991 Targa)
RUF Rt12R (997)
RUF Rt12S (997)
RUF Rt12 (997)
RUF Rt Roadster (997 Cabrio)
RUF RCT (991 Turbo)
RUF RGT 4.2 (991)
RUF RGT-8 (991 V8)
RUF RGT-8 (997 V8)
RUF RGT (997)
RUF RGT RS (996)
RUF R50 Prototype
RUF CTR3
RUF CTR3 Clubsport
RUF CTR2 Sport Pikes Peak (993 Turbo)
RUF CTR2 Sport (993 Turbo)
RUF Turbo R (993)
RUF BTR2 (993)
RUF 3800S (Boxter 981)
RUF 3400K (Cayman 987)
RUF RK Coupé (Cayman 987)
RUF RK Spider (Boxter 987)
RUF 3600S (Boxter S 986)
RUF RSR (935)
RUF RCT Evo II (964)
RUF BTR Slant Nose(930)
RUF Turbo 3.3 (930)
RUF SCR (911)
RUF R56.11 (356 Type C Carrera 2)
RUF Dakara (Cayenne)

Last edited:
maybe no (expect for race cars), but we need more RUF

what we can have without Porsche license

RUF RtR (991)
RUF Rt35S (991 GTS)
RUF Rt35 (991)
RUF Rt35 Roadster (991 Cabrio)
RUF Turbo Florio (991 Targa)
RUF Rt12R (997)
RUF Rt12S (997)
RUF Rt12 (997)
RUF Rt Roadster (997 Cabrio)
RUF RCT (991 Turbo)
RUF RGT 4.2 (991)
RUF RGT-8 (991 V8)
RUF RGT-8 (997 V8)
RUF RGT (997)
RUF RGT RS (996)
RUF R50 Prototype
RUF CTR3
RUF CTR3 Clubsport
RUF CTR2 Sport Pikes Peak (993 Turbo)
RUF CTR2 Sport (993 Turbo)
RUF Turbo R (993)
RUF BTR2 (993)
RUF 3800S (Boxter 981)
RUF 3400K (Cayman 987)
RUF RK Coupé (Cayman 987)
RUF RK Spider (Boxter 987)
RUF 3600S (Boxter S 986)
RUF RSR (935)
RUF RCT Evo II (964)
RUF BTR Slant Nose(930)
RUF Turbo 3.3 (930)
RUF SCR (911)
RUF R56.11 (356 Type C Carrera 2)
RUF Dakara (Cayenne)

If PD would add a RUF expansion pack i would love them forever :D

porsche_911_gt2_1995_wallpapers_1.jpg
Fiveza Horizon had one job. Though, if its in sixza I might have to buy that now. But first, PD NEEDS this one. (yes, its my favorite)

What we have in the GT series now:
3400S: Porsche Boxster GTS
BTR: A better version of the 930
RGT: A 911 GT3
CTR Yellowbird: Can't really compare it to anything
CTR2: 911 GT2RS
And the chances in GT6:
0.001%

Let's see:
  • A Boxster GTS didn't even exist until a year ago. The 986-based Ruf is a very, very different car.
  • "Better" is up for debate.
  • A 996, sure. Missing the 996.2, 997.1, 997.2, and 991 versions still.
  • It's sort of a hyper-powered 930 Turbo.
  • The AWD might make it closer to a 993 Turbo than a GT2, really.
Oh, and they're all Standards. They also represent a tiny, tiny percentage of Porsche proper's lineup, especially if you take into consideration the race cars.

Here's hoping this Porsche pack in FH2 (and the promise of an expanded lineup in FM6) means EA has become more open-minded with regards to the old agreement. Or it no longer exists. Or any other option that means Porsche will start to show up in more games in the genre. I can tell you they're a blast in FH2, just as they were in FM4.

Latest Posts

Back