Changeable Rims or Cockpit view on Standarts?(What you rather have)

  • Thread starter Thread starter tfujiwara
  • 147 comments
  • 10,670 views

Rims or Cockpits (on Standart cars)

  • Changeable rims on all standart cars

    Votes: 173 57.5%
  • Cockpit view for all standart cars

    Votes: 128 42.5%

  • Total voters
    301
Looks like our cockpit brothers are sleeping.

Nope, I'm awake.

I really don't feel like choice of rims would benefit driving at all. I'm sure it'd nice for photo mode but how does it add to the racing which is what this game is primarily about.

I only ever see rims in a replay. If this feature was to be put in over interior view I would say that DP had lost their minds. It's such a superficial thing compared to the extra immersion that an interior would bring.

My only gripe is that I went about sending out all my standards as I can't drive without interior view. :(

Of course all of this is just from my point of view. I clearly understand why some people want more customisation options, it's just not high on my priority list.
 
Nope, I'm awake.

I really don't feel like choice of rims would benefit driving at all. I'm sure it'd nice for photo mode but how does it add to the racing which is what this game is primarily about.

I only ever see rims in a replay. If this feature was to be put in over interior view I would say that DP had lost their minds. It's such a superficial thing compared to the extra immersion that an interior would bring.

My only gripe is that I went about sending out all my standards as I can't drive without interior view. :(

Of course all of this is just from my point of view. I clearly understand why some people want more customisation options, it's just not high on my priority list.

Sorry, but by your own logic, the interiors dont improve racing either.
The thing is, both of these features are just aesthetics of the game.

As I said before, when your driving, you never notice the interior of a car. Obviously in the heat of racing, you rarely even look at anything buy casually glance at the speedo/rev counter. So IMHO, interiors are largely redundant. Its cool to look at sometimes, but thats about it.
 
Cockpits are USED during gameplay. That and a ton of people wanted it.

Nope, I'm awake.

I really don't feel like choice of rims would benefit driving at all. I'm sure it'd nice for photo mode but how does it add to the racing which is what this game is primarily about.

I only ever see rims in a replay. If this feature was to be put in over interior view I would say that DP had lost their minds. It's such a superficial thing compared to the extra immersion that an interior would bring.

My only gripe is that I went about sending out all my standards as I can't drive without interior view. :(

Of course all of this is just from my point of view. I clearly understand why some people want more customisation options, it's just not high on my priority list.

Just hooooold on there a sec. I agree with everything besides DP. The letters are in the wrong place. It's PD.

And also, why waste the standards? There are not in the way if you don't use them. Well, file size perhaps?

It would be really nice if we had a livery editor, but whatever happens, happens I suppose. Like you, it's not all that high on my priority list, but it's closer to the top than not.
 
Sorry, but by your own logic, the interiors dont improve racing either.
The thing is, both of these features are just aesthetics of the game.

Perhaps you misunderstood.

extra immersion that an interior would bring.

Using interior view, for me, brings so much more enjoyment to the game.

Both features are aesthetics, you're correct, but adding an interior view is on par with damage modelling. It adds a more realistic touch to the game.

Adding rim choice is something, that for me, will go completely unused and unnoticed.

Like I sad in the last post, these are just my views and I expect many people will have an opposite take on this. Neither option is right or wrong to want, it's down to personal preference.

The letters are in the wrong place. It's PD.

Not after they way the shafted my by negating the fact that the live, on-line DC challenge was only for Europe. Like I said DP (get it?). :)

The release of Spec II may see me retract my perversion of their name.

when your driving, you never notice the interior of a car.

Have you run the Nurb' 4 hour? Watching the gauges, glancing out of the wing mirrors to see the chasing cars and generally having the immersion a cockpit provides.............I'd say I notice it a fair amount.
 
Last edited:
BOTH. Nuff said. :D

Also, you spell the standards wrong. ;)
 
Huh, I just imagine they would have provided generic black rims instead of a generic black cockpit ...
 
cockpit for standars, or almost for best standard cars
 
To be honest I dont really care for both, but if I had to choose one I would go with cockpit view. I dont see the point of drooling over rims when you only see them like 4% of the time.
 
"Changeable Rims or Cockpit view on Standarts?(What you rather have)"

Bad news pal: You can't choose.
 
If they will just put a black shadow for cockpit view that's a waste, at least put some color into it and a vague rendering of the real life cockpit.
 
If they will just put a black shadow for cockpit view that's a waste, at least put some color into it and a vague rendering of the real life cockpit.

it's like gtpsp cockpit view , excluded the convertibles :

GT5

gran-turismo-5-spec-2-screenshots4.jpg


gran-turismo-5-spec-2-screenshots6.jpg


GTPSP

Gran+Turismo+PSP+Cockpit.jpg


0.jpg



maybe with a new update PD will include a simple realistic cockpit for all the standard cars
 
Rims, rims rims! And an increased variety of them. You either believe this or you don't, but the customisation of what you drive furthers your engagement with the game as a whole. For me anyway.

Plus I like to see differing aesthetics online. Creativity and that.
 
Huh, I just imagine they would have provided generic black rims instead of a generic black cockpit ...

Or do what they did previously, where the used rims were those from other, (now standard) cars. I used to trawl the used wheels section for the Ford GT and Viper wheels and put them on everything. How about a set of the RX7 LM wheels on a VW Beetle?
 
Changeable Wheels gets my vote. I rarely race with interior view because it is too distracting and not that realistic.

Changing up the Wheels gives the game more personality, which it needs.

..
 
Or do what they did previously, where the used rims were those from other, (now standard) cars. I used to trawl the used wheels section for the Ford GT and Viper wheels and put them on everything. How about a set of the RX7 LM wheels on a VW Beetle?

I did that a lot too... its the feature I want most in GT5.
 
I'm very happy with standards getting cockpit view . It's the only view I use given the choice . Wheels would be good but it's seldom I want to change rims . Cockpit view I will use all the time . I quite liked the black interior on GTPSP . Considering the workload of upgrading standards to premium , I'm happy with what we're getting.
 
I'm happy about cockpit view, but I'd probably want rims, and lots of them! Even more for premiums as well, choices are so limited.
 
Cockpit view, I couldn't care less about changing rims on standard cars...
 
Interior views, cant wait to see what the fgt will be like!
 
Yo DAWG, I heard you like the 20inch RIMS on yo standard cars?

Cmon, this isn't need for speed, are rims really that necessary? I'd rather be sitting in the cockpit of my standard LMP than putting on Sw33t r1mz on my nissan.
 
Yo DAWG, I heard you like the 20inch RIMS on yo standard cars?

Cmon, this isn't need for speed, are rims really that necessary? I'd rather be sitting in the cockpit of my standard LMP than putting on Sw33t r1mz on my nissan.

Nah, the thing is... a 700hp Supra in stock rims is bad :(
 
I'm quite partial to a spleeper!
 
I'm quite partial to a spleeper!

Yeah, I like sleepers too :P

But you can't call a Supra or 3000GT a sleeper :P

And in GT4 I simply couldn't stop putting steelies on some cars. they look raw.
 
Sleepers are very cool, but if you look at any tuner website/magazine/whatever, you will rarely see a modified car with standard wheels. Even racing cars almost always have fashionable wheels (or are atleast modelled on aesthetically nice wheels). Its just part of car culture to have cool wheels.

I must say, that I'm very suprised the 'changable wheels' vote is only marginally ahead of 'interior' vote.

My Skyline GTS-R is crying out for a set of SSR MKIII's or the Nismo LM's it had on slick tyres it had in GT4.

You can tell that I'm crying for this feature to be re-instated. I personally think it is the biggest drawback in GT5.
 
Cockpit views are more important to me, I think it adds more to the game than wheels would.
 
I'd like to see both (in GT5 Spec 2), but I prefer the cockpits rather than rims
 
Interior view for standard cars makes little sense to me. Why make an effort to portray the most inferior aspect of standard cars? Standard rims would seem more appropiate.
 
Back