Changeable Rims or Cockpit view on Standarts?(What you rather have)

  • Thread starter Thread starter tfujiwara
  • 147 comments
  • 10,670 views

Rims or Cockpits (on Standart cars)

  • Changeable rims on all standart cars

    Votes: 173 57.5%
  • Cockpit view for all standart cars

    Votes: 128 42.5%

  • Total voters
    301
Rims add nothing to gameplay. Driving from behind the wheel rather than hanging from the front bumper adds realism. The fact that the cockpit "simplified" probably won't matter much when your really driving, I don't pay attention to the premium interior as it is (except for the gauges)
 
While I'd much like both, if I could choose between cockpit views and rims, it would be cockpit views, if I could choose between what the Pescarolos and the Caterham Fireblade seem to be getting and rims, it would still be cockpit views, if I'd have to choose between a blackened out "cockpit" view and rims, I'd go for rims.
 
Non of them.
They already added Cockpit view, they could have added other things, instead.
Like more rims for (P) cars ;]. or more high performance body kits for JDM cars.
 
You guys like to exaggerate on rims. We want good rims (BBS, Volks, Mugen. Not DUBs). I like to collect alot of Hondas and AE86s'. I would prefer rims. I played GT4 without cockpits. I think I can handle without them. GT5 cockpits shake way to much anyway.
 
Rims 100%. I never use cockpit view for the cars anyway and I just can't live with non changeable rims for the supra
 
Wow guys, rims? Really? Wow.

Cockpit view. It gives immersion and proper feel for physics.

Rims? Nothing against them, but no real match against having cockpit.

Pretty much what I was going to say.
 
While I'm a roofcam guy and would prefer wheel swaps, I'm going to abstain in favor of both.
 
Rims VS. Blacked out cockpit
I'll take the rims, please.
I would love to put some big pimpin' rims on my passionate pink Mini One '02. :dopey:
 
Definitely rims, my red Chevelle would look so much better with chrome wheels.
 
It's pointless to me to have a blacked out cockpit, I was under the impression they would model the interior with tach and speedo but very low res and little detail...I now would rather have rim change.
 
Just because the gauges don't work?

I would have preferred the gauges to not work for standard models. No need to waste time on that when the point of a cockpit view is for the view. It's a different view. Rims are there just to look at. It's like adding an attachment to your gun in an FPS that only makes it look cooler. With GT5, photomode, yea, but if you wanted cockpit view, chances are you dislike standards. Why should PD waste time on making "ugly" standards look better?

The wings are there for aerodynamics to whoever asked what's the difference between the two. Same thing for body kits, obviously. Although, it's nonadjustable (unadjustable isn't a word?) it still helps.
 
Voted the cockpit view. I don't use standards a lot because I like to drive with the cockpit view. Driving with that view is just more realistic. I find it strange how people cry that GT5 needs to be more realistic and then use bumper view because some parts of the screen are blocked off by the interior.
 
I'd go for cockpit view. I rarely look at my rims while driving :dopey:

But the best solution: NO FREAKING STANDARDS!!!
 
This poll should have had a "both" option. Considering that it currently is a 55/45 split, there are plenty of justifiable reasons for each case.

EDIT - I voted Cockpit because nearly all of my racing is done on the 'Ring and 'Sarthe at night. The cockpit mode on the standards means I have another 800 or so cars to experience the ultimate immersion that GT5 has to offer, with that being the in cockpit with no HUD at night..
 
Last edited:
I love driving in cockpit view with all HUD off. But I can't drive that way as fast as I can with bumper cam and I like seeing the track map and times when I'm in a race. In cockpit view, even with the telemetry off, it's still too muddled with track info. Usually, the only time I'll do cockpit view is if I've just created a nice, narrow Toscana track. I'll drive it for the first time with no info and learn it the right way. It's great and is as close as you can come to real life driving as you can get on GT5.

But for such a small segment of the game I don't think it's necessary to have cockpit view. Especially if they aren't even realistic. For me, a black outline is counter-intuitive to why I use that view in the first place. And I hardly drive race cars or supercars, so the Veyron and race cars getting more "premium" cockpits matters not.

So for me, it's rims all the way. I do not mind the lack of livery editor at all. The small selection of body kits for premiums is sometimes annoying, but in general, the only thing I even want to do to a car is lower it and put some better wheels on. I like being able to personalize the cars without having people ruin cars I think are beautiful. It saves me from angry online rants about bad taste.
 
Its interesting to see which option people would rather have. Its obvious that we all would want both as standard, but currently only 1 will be available with the new update. Given that rims are preferred by most members on here, I'm surprised that PD have decided to go with interior option.
 
Would wheels keep people from using a car? definitely not.

Would the view? It's known to.

I think that's how PD came up with their decision. They said they seriously thought about it. Seriously thinking about it means choosing the one that affects gameplay. I was one of the people that didn't use standards, but I started using them about 5 months ago.
 
Its personal preference, but yes, wheels have definitely kept me from using quite a few cars.

As mentioned previously, just knowing what the car looks like is enough of a downer to drive a car with standard wheels.

Case in point is my Skyline GTS-R. Looks awesome with a set of wheels, but very much crappy with std wheels.

And put simply, MOST people just dont use the interior view. Therefore, the interior view is just something to check out. That is, park the car, and have a look inside the cockpit. Its a bit of a shame as there is some awesome detail in some of the interiors on premium cars. Its just wasted on most of the people that never use it.
 
Is that really rational? I hated standards at the start because of no cockpit view, but I said forget it and started buying them for the collection, then I ended up using them, otherwise it would have been a waste of $60 and a DFGT. It doesn't mean I love them now. I prefer GT5.

You hate them because they don't look good enough to drive.
 
I can't decide. I'm a "bumper" cam user, and I would probably use the cockpit view if all cars had it (right now they don't)... however I also find that on a single display the cockpit view limits too much the field of view, so in my case I'd end up not using it.
I almost always swap rims on my Premium cars, and I think many standard cars need different rims, but in the end this is only a cosmetic feature that I can't notice while I'm driving, definitely less than cockpits if I were to use them.

I consider both features of equally low importance to me.
Therefore, I'm not voting.
 
Is that really rational? I hated standards at the start because of no cockpit view, but I said forget it and started buying them for the collection, then I ended up using them, otherwise it would have been a waste of $60 and a DFGT. It doesn't mean I love them now. I prefer GT5.

You hate them because they don't look good enough to drive.

I don't see where XPLOSV said that [edit: talking about hating them here], but are you saying it's irrational not wanting to drive cars you consider ugly? That's like saying it's irrational to not eat chocolate ice cream just because you don't like the flavor.
 
Last edited:
I'd go for cockpit view. I rarely look at my rims while driving :dopey:

But the best solution: NO FREAKING STANDARDS!!!
i'm driving the BMW V12 LMR right now, you should be ashamed you even said that, GT5..would not be the same with out standards, especially the other iconic Le mans racers, old school race cars, Group B rally cars, and the other many many many cars that are great. that is just a BAD idea 💡

And what i don't get is why that giant old "do you want GT5 to have a GTPSP cockpit style" thread/poll was made, back then..so many people complained that GT5 did not get the GTPSP blacked out cockpit style. majority(98%) in the poll said yes, And now it's implemented, and now their is so much complaining..jeez.
 
Last edited:
I'd much rather have cockpit view, I can't see my rims when I'm driving and it won't effect the game in anyway for me.
 
Why can't I have both? I don't get why I have to choose between the two. This may be off topic, but since spec 2.0 is adding a simplified interior view, I wonder if they will add a simplified high beam for the headlights.

High beam doesn't have to be accurate compared to real life, since the simplified interior view is certainly not, but I want them badly so I can use standards at night.

I hate to change to a premium car just to drive at night safely. It's quite frustrating that the premium cars have a clear advantage over usability and not just aesthetics.
 
You don't have to choose between the 2. You get what your given :lol:
 
Well I usually drive bumper view and standards desperately need a little spicing up. The stock rims on the supra rz are awful but with bbs's it would be gorgeous. Besides I like personalization.
 
I don't see where XPLOSV said that [edit: talking about hating them here], but are you saying it's irrational not wanting to drive cars you consider ugly? That's like saying it's irrational to not eat chocolate ice cream just because you don't like the flavor.
1. You're taking what I said too literally.
2. Hate should mean dislike from now on.
3. You're reasoning is illogical.
4. Because (I will start this with because), the standards are there as car models that have physics. They're meant to be used.

How can you say,.........................

but are you saying it's irrational not wanting to drive cars you consider ugly? That's like saying it's irrational to not eat chocolate ice cream just because you don't like the flavor.
Does anybody else know just how unbelievably smart this man is? Somebody, call MENSA. This guy knows. He knows.

I'm just a little shocked right now. I feel like someone ripped a piece of my brain out when I finished reading that. It's as if he wants me to get in trouble by saying something dirty and nasty.

It's just.... why? Why do people think this sort of debating is reasonable? It hurts to know someone thinks They're right when he makes such a horrible analogy.


Well I usually drive bumper view and standards desperately need a little spicing up. The stock rims on the supra rz are awful but with bbs's it would be gorgeous. Besides I like personalization.
do me a favor, and drive your bumper right into my FAAAAACEE!!!!!!!!! UNDER PRESSURE.... UNDER PRESSURE
 
Back