Changeable Rims or Cockpit view on Standarts?(What you rather have)

  • Thread starter Thread starter tfujiwara
  • 147 comments
  • 10,667 views

Rims or Cockpits (on Standart cars)

  • Changeable rims on all standart cars

    Votes: 173 57.5%
  • Cockpit view for all standart cars

    Votes: 128 42.5%

  • Total voters
    301
I can't decide. I'm a "bumper" cam user, and I would probably use the cockpit view if all cars had it (right now they don't)... however I also find that on a single display the cockpit view limits too much the field of view, so in my case I'd end up not using it.
I almost always swap rims on my Premium cars, and I think many standard cars need different rims, but in the end this is only a cosmetic feature that I can't notice while I'm driving, definitely less than cockpits if I were to use them.

I consider both features of equally low importance to me.
Therefore, I'm not voting.
I hope this doesn't sound creepy (yes I do). You're logic makes me feel soooooo good. Without the others that make sense, I don't know where I'd be. I'd probably have 3,000 posts by now.
 
I voted rims, because I know for sure that I'll be getting interior view. Since we know we are getting simplified interior views, doesn't it make sense to add more options to the vote such as 'Both' and 'Neither'?

If there was 'Both' I would have chosen it, since I would greatly appreciate it, regardless of using one function more over the other. Better to have it and not need it rather than need it and not have it.
 
OHHHHH. How dare you? Where were you before I voted!!! Just kidding. You're so right, but..

I couldn't do that because if there were no votes for Cockpit view, PD would think we're all completely insane. As we all know, one vote from me equals all the votes we have now for Cockpit view.
 
Rims are purely cosmetic, an interior view gives greater immersion. So for me it is easily interior views, and I am very pleased for their addition to standards in Spec 2.0.
 
Cockpits....


Not even close.
 
i dont give a **** about neither. it affects nothing really. if the car physics are right, that's all it matters, everything else is aesthetics.
 
I want rims nearly as much as I want a livery editor. If we got both I would never use either so cockpit views for me all the way. I'm really looking forward to getting into the Caterham, only one more day to go
 
Can someone please explain to me how anyone can think that a cockpit view isn't realistic yet the bumper/bonnet view is?? IF the Bonnet view rendered the actual bonnet of the car then I would understand a bit, but I just cannot see the logic in the aforementioned argument. you may not concentrate on the inside of a car whilst driving, but it's THERE in your peripheral vision and you can look at it whenever you want. Personally I don't know of any invisible cars in the real world! So the Bumper/Bonnet view is completely unrealistic.

Who would play a proper flight sim without a cockpit? no cockpit = arcadey flight sim view...same goes for car games IMO.
 
i say both rims and in car view
 
I don't really use cockpit view, and I think the Standard cockpit views would look possibly low-res. I'd like to at least be able to put rims on Standard cars again. I hate having a spoiler but also having default rims.
 
Deff rims since i never use the cockpit view anyway, it just limits your view too much...
 
Can someone please explain to me how anyone can think that a cockpit view isn't realistic yet the bumper/bonnet view is?? IF the Bonnet view rendered the actual bonnet of the car then I would understand a bit, but I just cannot see the logic in the aforementioned argument. you may not concentrate on the inside of a car whilst driving, but it's THERE in your peripheral vision and you can look at it whenever you want. Personally I don't know of any invisible cars in the real world! So the Bumper/Bonnet view is completely unrealistic.

Who would play a proper flight sim without a cockpit? no cockpit = arcadey flight sim view...same goes for car games IMO.
The end is near. I agree.


Deff rims since i never use the cockpit view anyway, it just limits your view too much...
That's one good reason why I like it. When you're driving, you can't see everything anyway.
 
That's one good reason why I like it. When you're driving, you can't see everything anyway.

True, but you still have peripheral vision when you drive in real life, you don't in GT5, unless you have multiple screens. So it's too limited... I think
 
It definitely is. Unlike street driving, though, everybody's trying to go maximum speed and you already know the tracks, so there isn't a huge problem about not having peripheral vision. I'd say mainly during Course Maker night tracks that you're not used to are a problem.
 
But there is, especially because everyone goes a maximum speed. The chance of hitting/bumping is higher in cockpit view, since it's difficult to know exactly where the other guys are, unless they are directly behind/in front of you...
 
True, but you still have peripheral vision when you drive in real life, you don't in GT5, unless you have multiple screens. So it's too limited... I think

That's been an argument since the first flight sim introduced a cockpit view. doesn't change the fact that it is the most realistic view tho. The fact that it restricts the view is because we all have a tiny window into the game world. the actual cockpit isn't the issue.

But there is, especially because everyone goes a maximum speed. The chance of hitting/bumping is higher in cockpit view, since it's difficult to know exactly where the other guys are, unless they are directly behind/in front of you...

Just look at the F1 drivers...the bodywork means they can't see the front wings and look what happens...it's real!
 
And we all know that people/the AI drives as well as F1 drivers...
 
rims, as i am happy with the roofcam of the standard cars :)
 
I like to pretend that cockpit views on all cars isn't actually happening.

I focus all my energies into imagining all my standard cars having the dopest most fastest painted rims with glittering lug nuts!
 
Interesting, so while its fairly even, it looks like the rims have it.

Hopefully this is a feature that will arrive soon.
 
Won't this force PD to spend their (and our) valuable time making low rez wheels to fit on low rez cars instead of making new premium cars, possibly even said low rez cars into premiums?
 
Not sure how gaming graphics and rendering works, but I highly doubt they will have to make low res wheels all over again for the standard cars.
 
Rims Please!!! My Lancer Evo RS' looks quirky with the steel rims on them.
 
Cockpit view. I spend WAY more time driving my cars than looking at them in replays, and cockpit is the way to go if you're turning laps.
 
Back