Changes you would make to each Sport

• Thread starter Earth
  • 121 comments
Don't forget the capacity crowd of about 1000.

Yes it is to small because I just found a photo of it !

074742ISV.jpg

One of the changes I would make to football is a 40 match ban for diving and in the sin bin for the rest of the game.
Introduce a DRS (The cricket version) that allows officials to review the decision and not the referee.
Only captain may communicate with the referee.
Southampton must win every single game with their goalkeeper getting one.
At St Mary's Stadium, only the opposing team's goalkeeper must score.
FA does not fine people for not agruing with a decision made by the referee.
At Fratton Park, the opposing team automatically has a 8-0 lead.
At Fratton Park, Portsmouth may only have the coach as the player.

Last edited:
One of the changes I would make to football is a 40 match ban for diving and in the sin bin for the rest of the game.
Introduce a DRS (The cricket version) that allows officials to review the decision and not the referee.
Only captain may communicate with the referee.
Southampton must win every single game with their goalkeeper getting one.
At St Mary's Stadium, only the opposing team's goalkeeper may score.
FA does not fine people for not agreeing with a decision made by the referee.
At Fratton Park, the opposing team automatically has a 8-0 lead.
At Fratton Park, Portsmouth may only have the coach as the player.

How can you tell he is a Southampton fan :lol:

I wish they would shorten the shot clock in college basketball games to 24 seconds (like in the NBA) instead of 35.

Thread bump, I've a couple of football rule changes.

Video refs watching the game that can verify every contentious goal or foul. It won't slow down the game in comparison to other factors that already do.

Blood/Injury subs, a lot of teams get disadvantaged by being forced to play with 10 men waiting for a player to be treated or get the all-clear from the ref (which takes forever for some reason) and a temporary substitute would improve things.

Refs carry a mic that everyone can hear, like rugby, and generally make communication the same as rugby, only the captain can speak etc. This would keep things in order and stop dissent.

Yellow cards should be a sin-bin, although shouldn't be given for any accidental fouls. The amount of professional fouls, a player "taking a yellow for the team" is too high and there should be bigger consequences for professional fouls, a sin-bin would help.

Any divers (as would be caught by a video-ref or post game) should be given a red and 3 match ban. That should stop diving completely if there were big consequences for it.

As was mentioned already in this thread, have the manager on a headset to their team, allowing players to change formation, make substitutes, and it's better communication than the manager shouting from the sideline.

Video refs watching the game that can verify every contentious goal or foul. It won't slow down the game in comparison to other factors that already do.

Blood/Injury subs, a lot of teams get disadvantaged by being forced to play with 10 men waiting for a player to be treated or get the all-clear from the ref (which takes forever for some reason) and a temporary substitute would improve things.

Refs carry a mic that everyone can hear, like rugby, and generally make communication the same as rugby, only the captain can speak etc. This would keep things in order and stop dissent.

Yellow cards should be a sin-bin, although shouldn't be given for any accidental fouls. The amount of professional fouls, a player "taking a yellow for the team" is too high and there should be bigger consequences for professional fouls, a sin-bin would help.

Any divers (as would be caught by a video-ref or post game) should be given a red and 3 match ban. That should stop diving completely if there were big consequences for it.

As was mentioned already in this thread, have the manager on a headset to their team, allowing players to change formation, make substitutes, and it's better communication than the manager shouting from the sideline.
Mine are better.

My suggested changes, mostly to fix everything I think is wrong with football (soccer):

- The match is stopped if a player has a bloody shirt. Gameplay continues once he is back on the pitch. This is because teams with an injured player are unfairly disadvantaged when one of their players has to leave the pitch because of an injury or similar.
- TV replays can be used to determine penalty kicks, and goals.
- Players can be yellow-carded and red-carded with retroactivity following the match by analyzing replays. This is to prevent players from playing dirty and ending the match unpunished.

Drag Reduction System in Cricket? What?!
Decision Review System. Works the same as Hawkeye in Tennis and video refs in Rugby.

Basically, Football needs to look at Rugby and nick loads of ideas.

Football has been screaming out for video refs for ages now, and the time to do it is now.
Refs with mics would not work, as every match would have to be bleeped constantly.
Sin-bins for yellow cards would massively improve playing standards.

Basketball- Needs to be universal, every league has different rules and even different court sizes! I think FIBA/College should adopt the NBA court size and 3pt line, while the NBA should adopt the rule that once the ball bounces on the hoop it's live meaning it can be hit away to stop a basket or slammed through to ensure 2pts, regardless of whether it's in the cylinder. Refs get goaltending and offensive basket interference calls in the cylinder wrong far too often.

Not as keen on the headset treatment for managers, but I absolutely concur that there is a lot football can learn from rugby. A lot.

Only captains can talk to the referee, unless the referee calls you over.

In football, that would be amazing.

As a former (field) hockey umpire, I had no problem with non-captains speaking to me, as long as the tone was OK, and it wasn't a constant commentary of what the other team were doing wrong.
The swarming of referees in football needs to be stopped. Yesterday.

Not as keen on the headset treatment for managers, but I absolutely concur that there is a lot football can learn from rugby. A lot.
In football, that would be amazing.
Could you imagine the earful the ref would get if a Chelsea match isn't going Mourinho's way? :lol:

DK
Could you imagine the earful the ref would get if a Chelsea match isn't going Mourinho's way? :lol:
Oh god a headset from manager to ref would be awful, I just meant manager to players.:lol:

Although the idea of Mourinho screaming on a headset COD style is hilarious to me.

Good luck getting F1 cars to follow each other around Phillip Island. I can't imagine Aida being any better either, it's last 4 corners are like Catalunya before that chicane was added before its final turn.

A F1 race at Aida? Why, do you need help falling asleep?

They've been there twice already and it was rubbish.

Didn't A LOT of F1 drivers hate the old Hockemheimring since there hardly wasn't much in it to be exciting?

Also F1 cars in the Noidscheife feels like suicide.

Philip Island - Only works as a bike circuit really, aerodynamics on a car around there means a grand total of zero overtakes would happen.
Pukekohe - Track is too short, straights are too short, runoff is not up to standard.
Aida - Literally the worst track in Japan that can host international events. Go to Fuji instead.
Shanghai - With all the tracks on the current calendar, is Shanghai really one to keep?
Sochi - ???
Biķernieku Trase - Looks cool, needs some safety reworking though.
Red Bull Ring - 👍👍👍
Old Hockenheim - New Hockenheim is like 17 times better than the old one.
Nordschleife - They're restricting the speed of GT3 cars around it. GT3. Do you really want to see F1 cars racing around a track seeing them go into 120km/h restricted zones 15 times a lap?
Monaco - 👍
Vancouver - Turns 1 & 2 look cool, not sure how they'd help racing, and the rest of the track looks perfect for spreading the field.
Monza - 👍, but it's still a bit meh
Brands Hatch - As much as I'd love it to return, it would need some serious work. The pits aren't big enough, the runoff is just not safe around the GP circuit for F1 at all, and the bridges would have to be raised or removed.
Donington - The 2010 redesign would have to be put in place for a Donington GP to work. The great thing about that redesign was it kept the good corners (Craner Curves, Old Hairpin, McLeans, Melbourne) while editing the dull ones, ie chicanes and hairpins.
Dijon - See Philip Island
Rouen - Requires significant investment to build the circuit really.
Jerez - Spain doesn't really have any exciting circuits for F1, Jerez is definitely at the bottom of the list, with no long straights.
Kyalami - They're recently redesigned the track so it would work better than that version which F1 hated. Could happen in the future.

Aida - Literally the worst track in Japan that can host international events. Go to Fuji instead.
I actually really liked Okayama when I drove and raced (mostly Mazda MX-5s) on it in iRacing. It's a good track that's not suited to high-downforce international racing, much like Brands Hatch or Laguna Seca.
Shanghai - With all the tracks on the current calendar, is Shanghai really one to keep?
Shanghai provides some of the best racing on the F1 calendar. Why would you even consider getting rid of it?
Kyalami - They're recently redesigned the track so it would work better than that version which F1 hated. Could happen in the future.
It hasn't changed that much. They've removed the chicane near the end of the lap and completely changed the first few corners, but much of the rest of the circuit is the same as before.

Back