Chaparal 2x

• Thread starter mattinfla
  • 3 comments
United States
United States
Wow. Detuned slightly to run Gr1 at Daytona. It is fast as heck, but what is up with the battery life? Had to pit every other lap.

Does this thing run on AA batteries?

Wow. Detuned slightly to run Gr1 at Daytona. It is fast as heck, but what is up with the battery life? Had to pit every other lap.

Well, the battery pack doesn't drive the wheels. It powers a laser which creates shaped shockwaves by superheating the air to drive it forwards.

So it uses a lot of juice.

It also wouldn't work in an atmosphere (or at least not at ground level).

I won a few races with this just for fun. Really, I laughed the entire way around Monza skipping through the chicanes and eating the penalties. What I found is that it coasts forever, so if you accelerate in short bursts it'll carry for quite a while. It's still a challenge, but it's just laugh-out-loud fun!

Until it isn't anymore because of the battery life . . .

Last edited:
I don’t really care how poor the battery life is when it’s this fast and you can fully recharge the battery in the same amount of time it takes to refuel a gas tank!

Back