Chaparral 2X Vision Gran Turismo REVEALED!

• Thread starter ZedMan1996
  • 996 comments
...To all those eager to start a COTA hype train, the bottom two images of F3 cars look very much like they've been taken from GRID Autosport. COTA is a GRID AS track.

The Chaparral is absolutely terrible to drive, in my opinion. It is just understeer city in that one. It looks great but the performance and handling absolutely kill it, the second worst VGT in my opinion.

It is really tricky to drive around HSR under 46 seconds (Couldn't even do anywhere faster than 48.1)..

I do something wrong on turn two because that's where I lose a lot of time.

Just wondering, from a couple of pics it looked like it has 4WS, can anyone give any more info on this?

We had quite a long chat, he seems quite busy at the moment, we'll speak more often so I think i can provide GTPlanet with some news from time to time.

Of course at the request of Taku-San i may keep some information to myself.

He was mostly teasing me about the Chaparral VGT :)

Do you talked about B-SPEC mode and course maker ?

If yes, should we wait longer? I know he asked you to keep some informations to yourself but a vague answer that's fine.

Warning to players. Do not drive this car at night (especially on Route X) in third person view unless you want your eyes to feel like they are popping out of your sockets.

Sounds like you're more pronse to seizures, I just did the same thing as you and didn't really notice or care.

You may want to fiddle with your TV display settings.

Sounds like you're more pronse to seizures, I just did the same thing as you and didn't really notice or care.

You may want to fiddle with your TV display settings.
Nothing serious occurred when I drove it, but focusing on the laser part of the car, which is a bit hard not to in third person, can cause a bit of a strain on the eyes.

Do you talked about B-SPEC mode and course maker ?

If yes, should we wait longer? I know he asked you to keep some informations to yourself but a vague answer that's fine.
Well Taku seems to have tricked be but if you look at my last post, he gave me a hint, perhaps he wasn't allowed to tell anyone, So for future updates i'll have to understand his "hints" in order to get some information, he's a cool guy but he's also a joker.

#TakuImasaki

P.S videos of the Chap VGT and Infi VGT in 60FPS should be uploaded soon.

Nothing serious occurred when I drove it, but focusing on the laser part of the car, which is a bit hard not to in third person, can cause a bit of a strain on the eyes.

We need to host a nightclub party and have these cars all do the lighting effects! :D

I love the homage to Pete Aron from Grand Prix, great movie, at least that's what I want to think it's from on the white one

Wow, car looks amazing, drives like that Jay Leno tank car on comfort hard tires, great job. :yuck:

You go too fast into the corners. Slow down a bit and it handles great.

Anyway, just did a little test, 0-300-0 (km/h). The car did it in 9.0 seconds and covered a distance of 400 meters.

0-400-0 was done in 14 seconds and 950 meters.

Edit: First lap around Nordschleife in 5:21. The car pulls 4G in the corners. Just make sure you brake first and then corner and you'll be fine. If you brake while cornering you'll lose a lot of grip in the front and the car just plows straight on.

Also, because it pulls a lot of G's in the corners it's important to make sure you stay on the track because if you get just one tyre on the grass it will flip and you'll have no chance to correct it.

And a final note: It's not a Red Bull car, so don't expect it to be glued to the track when you're approaching Schwedenkreuz at 400 km/h. You actually need to slow down first.

Last edited:
Bug fixes, huh?
XFCsyLbgdJc.jpg

Yeah, that is one of the sickest bug-fixes I've ever seen, looks pretty good for a bug fix. Oh Taku-san\PD... :lol:

Speaking of this, has anyone else driven the Infiniti? Does it feel similar to the Nissan?

And all these talks about how the 2X understeers are scaring me a bit, is the handling that crude? I'm still downloading the update as we speak, so I still haven't driven either car...

And all these talks about how the 2X understeers are scaring me a bit, is the handling that crude? I'm still downloading the update as we speak, so I still haven't driven either car...

Yes and no. Compared to the Red Bull cars it doesn't have the same downforce so you can't corner at the same speeds as those cars. But it still pulls 4G's in the corners, just make sure you're not entering the corners too fast. Also, never ever brake while cornering because that will kill all traction in the front. Always brake before the corner and then turn in. If you do that it grips nicely.

Yes and no. Compared to the Red Bull cars it doesn't have the same downforce so you can't corner at the same speeds as those cars. But it still pulls 4G's in the corners, just make sure you're not entering the corners too fast. Also, never ever brake while cornering because that will kill all traction in the front. Always brake before the corner and then turn in. If you do that it grips nicely.

Ok, comparing that insight with the laps I've driven in the car, it is accurate. With only one gear, the car pulls a like truck and goes thrice as fast. It becomes a game of braking in the right amount to avoid an excessive speed entry. And as you have also said, putting in the brakes mid-corner is the worst possible idea with the 2X. The car goes into understeer if you do so, and when you put the power down again, the car just flings itself into the walls. You have no idea how many tries I had to do to avoid touching the outside wall on the final corner... But those are the key things. The Red Bull is built on different aerodynamic principles, so obviously you do have downforce to work with, unlike the 2X.

But yeah, I still like it. You do need to recalibrate your driving, as you do with the X2014.

And as a few side notes:

• The car comes in only two colours. The black car changes its numberplate from a 66 to just one 6, and the "Pete Aron" nameplate disappears in lieu of an another nameplate. Need to buy the black car to check what names are written on the side.
  • The car sounds like a popcorn machine when you really rev it. :lol:
Early edit: I just noticed something somewhat freaky while seeing the VGT page ingame. The 2X is on the upper part of the list, as it should be. But GM Design's generic old teaser? That is still there, on the list! :crazy: Either PD forgot to erase GM's entry in lieu of the 2X's or that was never GM's entry to begin with... :confused:

Last edited:
Ok, so it must have the word "Laser"... How about:

Corn(y) Laser!!!

Ah, the pun... Also, see my edit on my post above Frz's pictures, I just found something freaky...

One thing that really, really bothers me about these Vision GT cars (well, at least most of them...) is why can't they give us figures like Length, Width, Height? I would imagine that information is necessary when calculating the physics of the car and how it behaves on a road. They give us a HP figure for this car, but no Torque figure. Just make something up that would be close to realistic! I get it with Displacement because of the type of propulsion system being used, but on many cars they use regular combustion engines and leave that data blank. If these are supposed to be cars we can drive, they must have these figures! I know it's a minor annoyance compared to the more important lackings of the game, but it still bothers me nonetheless. Probably because it is such a simple thing, that's required to calculate the physics & dynamics of the car anyway, that it bothers me the way it does... :grumpy:

One thing that really, really bothers me about these Vision GT cars (well, at least most of them...) is why can't they give us figures like Length, Width, Height? I would imagine that information is necessary when calculating the physics of the car and how it behaves on a road. They give us a HP figure for this car, but no Torque figure. Just make something up that would be close to realistic! I get it with Displacement because of the type of propulsion system being used, but on many cars they use regular combustion engines and leave that data blank. If these are supposed to be cars we can drive, they must have these figures! I know it's a minor annoyance compared to the more important lackings of the game, but it still bothers me nonetheless. Probably because it is such a simple thing, that's required to calculate the physics & dynamics of the car anyway, that it bothers me the way it does... :grumpy:

Who really knows, it does make these cars a bit less credible, but it seems PD doesn't really seem to notice that adding some data could at least make them more "human" (so to speak). Don't the brands provide PD with this sort of information? Nevertheless, it is a valid concern you have, the consistency of these cars should also be paid attention to.

On a different topic, I just bought a black 2X to see which names were on the side of the car and well:
Syracuse.jpg
Yes, that is Charles LeFranc, the man responsible for giving the 2X the "wing suit" shape it has. But the Chinese name is a bit more mysterious. A Google search only brought up a Chinese actress, who appeared in the 2008 version of "Speed Racer" as Horuko Togokahn. Did GM really bring up a Chinese actress to write her name on the side of the car? Or is that a name of someone who works at GM?

Edit: Actually, Mr. Nan Yu is a 3D sculptor at the GM Design studio. He also has a LinkedIn page for those interested. Credit of this information goes to @ududsu, who clarified this.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back