Chaparral 2X Vision Gran Turismo REVEALED!

• Thread starter ZedMan1996
  • 996 comments
Who really knows, it does make these cars a bit less credible, but it seems PD doesn't really seem to notice that adding some data could at least make them more "human" (so to speak). Don't the brands provide PD with this sort of information? Nevertheless, it is a valid concern you have, the consistency of these cars should also be paid attention to.

On a different topic, I just bought a black 2X to see which names were on the side of the car and well:
Yes, that is Charles LeFranc, the man responsible for giving the 2X the "wing suit" shape it has. But the Chinese name is a bit more mysterious. A Google search only brought up a Chinese actress, who appeared in the 2008 version of "Speed Racer" as Horuko Togokahn. Did GM really bring up a Chinese actress to write her name on the side of the car? Or is that a name of someone who works at GM?
The chinese guy is actually GM design 3d sculpture.He has a LinkedIn profile

The speed the 2X is capable of has very different handling characteristic, because none of its wheel are driven, you give it gas it will not do the normal tail out oversteer thing, so if it doesn't have the grip to turn it'll just plow...

jNlEf5rdn9fT7qmLZ_0.jpg

The aero flaps are moving the opposite direction of the way it should...this is turning left.

The outside wheels would be the load bearing wheels, when turning left that would mean the right hand side is where grip is needed.

The speed the 2X is capable of has very different handling characteristic, because none of its wheel are driven, you give it gas it will not do the normal tail out oversteer thing, so if it doesn't have the grip to turn it'll just plow...

Weird thing is, putting throttle on ingame makes it turn more.

The outside wheels would be the load bearing wheels, when turning left that would mean the right hand side is where grip is needed.

You add downforce to the unloaded wheel from the tire stand point. Your coefficient of friction of the tire dereases per increased normal load while lateral force increases, but the rate which it increases drops as the load increases(because of the reduced mu). Per normal cornering you are already transferring load to the outside, so the capacity for which to get added load diminishes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tire_load_sensitivity

So to get the most benefit, you add load to the unloaded tire to increase their contribution to cornering grip.

IIRC the Huayra in the game does this actually the correct way in terms of its flap movement...

Question: If the old one is called "Vacuum Cleaner", what do you want to call the new ones?

I think it looks like a flying squirrel, so that's what I'd call it.

Either that, or The Death Star.

Is it that bad?

No, people are just entering corners way too fast. This thing does 0-300 km/h in only 300 meters and it doesn't have as much downforce as the Red Bull cars. It still does 4G in the corners, but that's only 2/3rds of what the Red Bull cars can do (6G).

Last edited:

The propulsion system provides downforce as well as forward propulsion. So you can expect more grip associated with increased throttle, hence better cornering ability.

On another note, I'm thinking that someone had a sense of humor placing the laser thing right behind the prone driver's backside. There's no Nitrous system, however, prunes might work.

No, people are just entering corners way too fast. This thing does 0-300 km/h in only 300 meters and it doesn't have as much downforce as the Red Bull cars. It still does 4G in the corners, but that's only 2/3rds of what the Red Bull cars can do (6G).

Maybe its the way I entered the final corner, but I saw 6Gs on the replay.

Maybe its the way I entered the final corner, but I saw 6Gs on the replay.

At High Speed Ring? Maybe it's because of the camber in that turn? At Nordschleife I haven't seen more than 4G.

I've seen 5G when braking though.

Probably because of the weight shift.

On another note, I'm thinking that someone had a sense of humor placing the laser thing right behind the prone driver's backside. There's no Nitrous system, however, prunes might work.

I see what you mean :D But the laser actually fires towards the front, not towards the rear ;)

At High Speed Ring? Maybe it's because of the camber in that turn? At Nordschleife I haven't seen more than 4G.

I've seen 5G when braking though.
220 mph in the last corner at HSR! The steering angle on the DS3 is about half what the wheel users are achieving their fast times with (I saw over 100 degrees?!), meaning 150 mph is all I could get on the DS3 in the same corner. That almost certainly accounts for the feeling of understeer, made worse by the filtering on the pad.

The tactic appears to be to coast into the corner, turning hard, brake a little bit if necessary, run well wide of the apex and then jump on full throttle and turn the wheel even more as early as possible, preferably before the apex. The car really turns better on the throttle, as long as you've got enough lock on.
It's hard to be precise enough with a pad, and without the extra steering lock, you have to brake hard.

There's also a weird thing where turning slightly appears to increase longitudinal g force at high speed, but not at top speed...

hsv
What I've learnt:

• Never coast.
  • Approach a corner under full braking.
  • Once you've slowed to a sufficient speed, nail the throttle, full lock.
That's how I drive it with the pad, but can't even get silver..! If I tidied up the first and last corners, perhaps, but gold seems way out of reach.

Looks like I'll have to bust the wheel out.

That's how I drive it with the pad, but can't even get silver..! If I tidied up the first and last corners, perhaps, but gold seems way out of reach.

Looks like I'll have to bust the wheel out.

You'll have to bust it out regardless, the car can only work to its fullest potential if you use a wheel.

So from what I understand, the 2X is better to drive with a wheel. So I could dust off the G27. Is there a way to obtain the car via seasonal events? From what I've heard, it's not the best handling car. And I don't want to waste 1,000,000 Cr.

So from what I understand, the 2X is better to drive with a wheel. So I could dust off the G27. Is there a way to obtain the car via seasonal events? From what I've heard, it's not the best handling car. And I don't want to waste 1,000,000 Cr.

Of course, complete a lap in the 2X's Seasonal event and you'll get one for free.

Back