Chase Cam is Ruining GT7 for Me

• Thread starter hunter328
  • 155 comments
TFW GT4 has a better chase cam through modding than even GT7.

People saying that only cockpit is valid....If you play on a flat screen you have no sense of depth sooooo it's just not that great, althought I'll admit that PD did an insane job graphically, the cockpits even on PS4 look next-gen.

But then again even in cockpit you can't disable the weird shake that affects all the views.

PD is just bad at giving players options, let's wait until GT8 I guess

With no disrespect to anyone here: May i call every single one of you being very, very wrong?! :P

Since Need for Speed 1 i drove every arcade racer in chase cam. Since owning a Playstation 2 and playing GT3 i always played GT in bumper cam.

Until some month ago. After grinding GT7 for a long exhausting time (about 500 hours) is started to enjoy and lean back a bit more. So i wanted to see the cars i was driving and switched to chase cam. A bit awkward at first. But i got used to it. Now i love it! I am faster than in bumper cam and not even for online racing i could switch back. GT chase cam ruined all other chase cam racing games for me as it is just a lot better. In other games the dynamic of the chase cam look cool but it bad for skill. It ruins getting the apex right.

The GT chase cam, through its stiffness makes everything right. You can attack and look at corners like in inside views. Same goes for catching a drift and every other driving physics.

I hope GT stays that way and don't ruin it! Its great!
I too agree with you, that everyone here is actually very wrong about the chase cam in GT.

Personally, Chase cam on every other games out there seems so wrong and so artificially exaggerated.

When I first played GT in 2000 with GT2 on PSone, with the controller, Chase cam was my default, and I very much felt comfortable with it, seems so natural.
Played it that way pretty much for the next 10 years, through GT4 on PS2.

With GT5 Prologue, GT5 and through GT6 on PS3, I got the DFGT wheel, made my sim rig and seat and transition to cockpit view in that set up with a 50inch Plasma, from time to time I would still alternate with playing on the controller and Chase cam if I am too lazy to pull and set up my wheel/seat set up.

GT Sport on PS4 Pro also saw me upgraded to the G29 wheel pedal and manual transmission on a 75 inch.
At that point I was more than 65% of the time playing in cockpit view.

With GT7 out, I was playing with the PS4 Pro the same way i played GT Sport.

When PSVR2 came out this year, I decided to make the jump and get the PS5 and PSVR2 on day one release. I pretty much now play in VR 65% of the time, 30% of the time in 2D cockpit view on the 65inch, and barely 5% on controller and Chase Cam.

I still enjoy the GT PD Chase cam and would not mind playing that way if I have to.

But in all fairness to all of you, I think the game should and could easily allow the players to customize their own preference POV for any of the views, bumper, Hood, windshield, cockpit, chase and any others....

The more options, the better...

But the standard GT chase cam is excellent on its own., perfection even i would go so far to say.

Last edited:
Back