Chase Cam is Ruining GT7 for Me

• Thread starter hunter328
  • 132 comments
New Zealand
New Zealand
Novice_Senior
This should be sticked to the front page. Exactly what we need for the game. Every racing game has this except GT... They had it and removed it. I mean seriously???? Any other developer has no kind of problem to add this but PD ...
Even my 5yr old who has only really played the Hot Wheels racing game was asking me why I can't view the side of my car in a race. It's such a basic feature that it's intuitive to even young kids that it should be available.

Germany
Germany
xXGalmOneXx
xXGalm OneXx
Even my 5yr old who has only really played the Hot Wheels racing game was asking me why I can't view the side of my car in a race. It's such a basic feature that it's intuitive to even young kids that it should be available.
Yes it's just not reasonable ... because it's a basic thing in any game but Gran Turismo... and it annoys me so much

Germany
Germany
xXGalmOneXx
xXGalm OneXx
I love GT chase cam all over the saga but hope it could be even closer to the car.
there is an option to make it closer.

We still need 360° camera rotation though. Please PD, don't let us down...

France
France
Why is it just not possible to set chase cam to zero, Wtf?! I can't play it, my head dizzy because of it. Played an hour and went back to GTS. Wasted money, they laugh in our face.
Same, I went back to GTS to try and finish the Hamilton DLC..

Germany
Germany
xXGalmOneXx
xXGalm OneXx
Yes unfortunately, the problem is that the most people don't bother so it won't really get much notice by PD I guess 😮‍💨

France
France
Yes unfortunately, the problem is that the most people don't bother so it won't really get much notice by PD I guess 😮‍💨
Maybe when forza 8 claps GT7 they will listen to players and engage with them...I hope, they don't need to change much to make the game great

Last edited:
Germany
Germany
xXGalmOneXx
xXGalm OneXx
They could change it easily but most people won't bother since they don't use that view. So it seems not to be on PDs priority list.

United States
Southern California
There's a trick I used in GT Sport (that worked on GT7) to make the car move more naturally.

Chase View Camera Sensitivity: Set to 1. Then set to 10. Then go back to 1. (all this without leaving the menu - even to adjust the next item)

Chase View Rotation Axis Offset: Set to 0. Then set to 3. Then go back to 0.

Done.
I just tried this and it works
You can actually see the door handles
When I was weaving side to side
Thanks for the tip man!!!

Germany
Germany
xXGalmOneXx
xXGalm OneXx
Unfortunately still no sign of change... we definitely need the 0 option from sport again and most important let the camera rotate around the car with the right analog stick. More people need to adress this, but unfortunately the majority doesn't seem to care :(

screenshot_20220330-203758-jpg.1131410

Last edited:
Australia
Australia

Honestly, apart from the online, might as well install this patch and go back to GT4. I would be curious to know if it is possible to do so on an actual PS2.

Better yet get a PS3, GT5 and install the GT5 Master mod.... you'll never stop playing.