Chop Shop PS Competition #5 - CLOSED!

• Thread starter Jay.
  • 97 comments
Here it is, since I suck at wheels and don't have any wheel stock:

Rear-end, headlights, and antenna. It's still a mom's car.

Crap!!! That looks fantastic. Not only that, buy you did it with two cars!!! :eek: What the 🤬!!! Me and everyone else definitely got beat here....hehe, do you think you can win this? I certainly hope that you win. Its both outrageous and gorgeous!!! :bowdown:

Well i'll try to complete mine by tomorrow as well. Try to change the background and add some finishing touches. Hope mine does come out well...... :nervous:

Thanks bmx :)

I had two separate ideas, so I started putting them both up and see which one came out better in the end... it turned out they both did, so I didn't really want to get rid of any of them.

I'd like to win, but I have to against Andy's pink monster, Jay's undercover wide beast and Omnis' thing... and then there's tubo lag's mean machine.

Thanks bmx :)

I had two separate ideas, so I started putting them both up and see which one came out better in the end... it turned out they both did, so I didn't really want to get rid of any of them.

I'd like to win, but I have to against Andy's pink monster, Jay's undercover wide beast and Omnis' thing... and then there's tubo lag's mean machine.

hehe tubo lag :dopey: Diego, i love yours. I guess you re-brushed the whole car?

Well here is mine, just a last minute entry just as i wanted. Been a long week for me, but now i feel great that i have finished doing mine. So without further or do, this is my creation MUAHAHAHA!!! :lol:

Well i've got a few things to say about my work:
1. I wish i had more time to complete as i still haven't done a lot of details to it nor can i put more stuff on the car
2. Painting the car white was HARD! I need to find another way to paint it next time....
3. Can't do the stripes properly. Well it may look good, but its definitely unrealistic. Have to improve on that also.
4. Having a hard time blending the car with the background. It was already hard trying to find a good background, and the car looks totally off!!!
5. Well i don't know. Maybe thats just it. Theres always next time for me to do better :D

The car looks too "flat" as in not many reflections, it dosent look like its on a slide either, but for a first-timer, good :)

Maybe it wouldn't look as flat if you didn't include the track... givin it some sort of "floating" look, so it wouldn't have to be on a set place. Other than that, once you have the background decided, you could put up some lines running parallel to the car and blur them, to give some sense of speed.

@TL: There's about a gazillion layers on those two cars... I more or less had to take the shape of the car and start again from scratch. It's like the "toon" effect, but taken a bit forward.

The car looks too "flat" as in not many reflections, it dosent look like its on a slide either, but for a first-timer, good :)

Maybe it wouldn't look as flat if you didn't include the track... givin it some sort of "floating" look, so it wouldn't have to be on a set place. Other than that, once you have the background decided, you could put up some lines running parallel to the car and blur them, to give some sense of speed.

@TL: There's about a gazillion layers on those two cars... I more or less had to take the shape of the car and start again from scratch. It's like the "toon" effect, but taken a bit forward.

Well yeah, i guess i have to agree as well. The car doesn't look real with that background doesn't it. Well i thought since im doing a race car it would be fitting to do it with a circuit as a background. But the thing is that after several hours of searching, i found very little photos that could fit with the angle of the car. This certain angle is hard for me to do. Now i changed my entry with the original background and it doesn't look all that bad really. Hope you don't mind :)

As for the reflections, its a hard thing for me to do because i had so many layers covering the original photo. Since i want to paint my car white, the reflections almost didn't exist! Then i added those extra layer of paint to do those liveries and the decals. Well thats just my inexperience, i'll try not to do so extravagant next time.... :nervous:

I see. So it wouldve been pretty hard then, tooning 2 cars :scared: I reckon you have a good chance for the comp 👍

I'm done!

List of mods:

Gemballa 911 front end,
Corvette C5 headlights,
Carbon-Fibre bonnet,
Coupe conversion,
Wide arch kit
AC Schnitzer alloys,
New grille,
Lowered suspension,
Tinted rear lights,
Lightly tinted windows,
And finally...

... a green/pink flip metallic paint. (YES! PINK!) :P

A couple of firsts for me, the CF is something I've never tried before.

OH MY GOD!!!!! :eek: :drool:

That is just........ im totally speechless!!!!
jaw.gif

Excellent job on the car. Totally different from everybody else. You really out trumped Diego this time... :P

I was soooo bored today I decided to work on this even though I wasn't going to enter. Sadly I wasn't able to finish so I guess this will have to do.

mondeodf2.jpg

It's not perfect either. But pretty damn good. I'll probably vote for the DTM one... of all entries, I liked best mine (which died again... :banghead:), v1p3r's, the DTM one, and Diego's except the rims.

Thanks for your comments guys, sorry my style doesn't appeal to everybody,
but that's part of the game we play, "..very Euro-tuning" as Diego said.
I'll use a few different ideas for my next one.

Some great entries so far, looking forward to the poll.

@ Sakiale & Omnis - If you want to be entered try to get a full size copy to me,
either post an attachment or PM/E-mail & I'll get it hosted. 👍

Latest Posts

Back