Chop Shop PS Competition #6 - Nov - CLOSED! -

• Thread starter Jay.
  • 111 comments
Two seperate chops.

I'll get so far through them both, and then I'll ditch the worst one.

If you're lucky I might post the ditched WIP.

I'm practically done with mine... and it's awesome that we've apparently taken very different roads with the choppin' 👍

I think hes gonna blend them in later.

ding........ding.........ding....... BINGO!!!!!

Well you got it spot on! 👍 I've been busy this week having my cousin staying at my house :D Playing video games together and all, and mostly he's been hogging my computer all the time, so thats why i'm kinda tied up doing everything....(cause i only have one PC) and why i don't go online that long....well yeah, good thing the deadline is still quite far far away, got plenty of time to finish my chop. :D :D

Aww!

I was hoping you'd be following either VWs Harlequin or Benettons F1 'United Colours'

hq3-4.jpg

IMG_06261.jpg

All competition threads should really be in the Artistic Competition forum. Moving threads.

Jay., you got owned! :lol:

But seriously, why now only a mod notices it? I mean the other Chopshop comp were always held in the Digital Arts sub-forum, so whats the problem with this? Well like -Diego- said:
better late than never, I guess

Well said mate. :)

I never saw it reported and today was the first time I've been in the help forum for a while. Yes, better late than never.

This is my effort so far... I'm not sure if I'll add more to it, nor if I'll have the time to do it, so I'll just post this one and see.

Well i'm done with mine now, can't do any more chopping. Its taking a toll on me.....:ouch:

Subaru Impreza WRX STi 23-B

Here is a short info on the car:
After 9 years after the Impreza 22-B ended production, Subaru decided on making another one off Impreza in the near future. To comemorate the passing of the great Colin McRae, they introduced the Impreza 23-B. Based off the GE platform Impreza, the car has been shortened and is now a hot hatchback ready to take on the street. With a rally inspired bodykit and a limited edition 555 Blue Mica paint job, the 23-B looks amazing all around. Its still unconfirmed whether the 23-B would reach the production line, but if it is, it will be most probably going to be released by next year, to commemorate Subaru's 50th anniversary....

How's that? :) Well i hope Subaru would see this and introduce a coupe/hatchback version of the Impreza. Its been too long since they last make one.....

By the way, maybe i should tell what flaws are on my chop:
  1. didn't get to do the STi foglight cover like those older Imprezas
  2. Can't really change the color of the car more porperly. The highlight was too strong and becomes white.
  3. Rims and brakes were definitely wrong. Don't actually belongs to a Subaru (as it was hard to find a good match for the car)
  4. Didn't tint the window. Makes the car look ugly (in my honest opinion)
  5. Didn't do a wide body kit (although i know how to do it) cause too many people did that style!!! :mad:
  6. Didn't change the background cause i suck!!!! :dunce:

But at least i got theme right :D

wow deigo, that looks pretty cool, though the back end, the blue paint job is applied very flat, take into account the shininess, but im sure you knew that. also i personally think rally cars shouldn't have carbon fiber bonnets, it doesn't feel right..

mnm, the thing that really lacks is the impression of depth within your bodykits.. like the meshing shouldn't be that poppin' out. it should be dark because there is a lack of direct light...

That may be true, but I think I'm not going to do any more to it... I'm just too tired... this week's been friggin' LONG!

Post updated, here

wow deigo, that looks pretty cool, though the back end, the blue paint job is applied very flat, take into account the shininess, but im sure you knew that. also i personally think rally cars shouldn't have carbon fiber bonnets, it doesn't feel right..

mnm, the thing that really lacks is the impression of depth within your bodykits.. like the meshing shouldn't be that poppin' out. it should be dark because there is a lack of direct light...
Agreed, mnm your car looks like a mini-car style chop, dunno why. And the paint dosent look right either. But those rims are awesome, i was trying to find some just like that. And your front grill looks great as well.

@ Diego, wow it looks awesome now, imo you have a good chance in the comp 👍

Well i'm done with mine now, can't do any more chopping. Its taking a toll on me.....:ouch:

Subaru Impreza WRX STi 23-B

Short wheelbase edition much? :P If you're going to do a coupe, elongate the front door instead of cutting off the back. :)

The wheels themselves look very good, though. I think the color is iffy, but I applaud you on finding some good stock.

Back