Chop Shop PS Competition #6 - Nov - CLOSED! -

• Thread starter Jay.
  • 111 comments
The original pic was the same shape Impreza but the basic model.

i was referring to the angle of the car.. i know it was the same version.

@ Observer's Chop = EvilGenius BB Font?

Thanks for the complement Jay, and yes it is a two tone, the font is MisterEarl BT, and those 'white patches' are my beginners approach at hot smoke from the wheels. :P

Nice chop Observer!!! 👍 Don't worry, i think you'll do just fine. I mean its already looking good, and the two tone is a killer! :drool: Well i'm still working on mine, still don't know when it will be done....

Thanks for the complement Jay, and yes it is a two tone, the font is MisterEarl BT, and those 'white patches' are my beginners approach at hot smoke from the wheels. :P

Ahh. Great try, but just make the intensity more ;)

EDIT: Sakiale is out for good (bye)

Until I remember how to do satisfactory color replacement in Elements, here is my entry:

Holy god, thats actually pretty damn good :lol: Phattest wide body evar.

And Jay, mind making the final date a little closer? Its like end of November when this comp ends...

Holy god, thats actually pretty damn good :lol: Phattest wide body evar.

And Jay, mind making the final date a little closer? Its like end of November when this comp ends...

Yeah, not bad at all Omnis. Nice job! 👍 Now i got my work cut out for me :guilty: And turbo lag, why the hell you want to make the deadline earlier? C'mon, you know the best would post it up last..... :P ( and i didn't even do much on mine.....yet!)

@ Omnis - I like it! 👍 Although you seem to have lost some clarity & detail on the rear wheel. :indiff:

So.. What.. you applied the textures to the body and blended it in and changed colours so it'd look like metal?

I've actually started to add scratches to the car's body by simply using a noisy brush and smudging with white finger paint, it think it looks pretty well done :)

C'mon, you know the best would post it up last.....

Well I don't know about that.. LOL :sly:
Final Entry

Click for Full Size (1400 x 900)​

Let's Hope I defeated Diego :D

Omnis, that bodykit is pretty good. Diego, how exactly do you import the textures and brush them on? I have Photoshop CS. Thank you in advance.

I did:
Wide Body kit
Side skirts
Side skirt vent
rims
calipers
rear lights
Rear window vent bit
Roofscope
Hood vent
Front grill
Front bumper
Front bumper vent
Front bumper side vent
WRX Blue
Framed
WRX and STi logo
And some little stuff here and there

Andy and turbo lag, both nice entries. I'm not really on you guys' level, but I'll still try this if I get time. Only complaints are that Andy, yours looks pretty unrealistic, and Turbo Lag, yours has a bit of the widebody that is messy. Otherwise very nice!

I've done a widebody on this picture before, but unfortunately, I deleted it by accident... it was not very complex, though, although it might not have been that much harder to modify it more.

Oh god....i'm so far behind... :(
Nice job Andy and Turbs!!! :tup:and....hehe....welcome to the fad Jay.!!!! :D Now there's 3 of us with this wicked avatars!!!! :D
Hopefully i'll get mine done by Monday (or Tuesday depending on how busy i am.... :guilty:) But i got too say....there's some mad tyte competition this week!!! :drool:

I think Andy was actually aiming for that unreal look... sort of like the Burnout game... it looks really awesome, and the fact that you did more than one car only adds to the awesomeness 👍

On a personal level I'd reduce the opacity even further of the cloned cars, you know, the ones that are semi-transparent, maybe a bit more, so the motin feeling looks more real? Maybe even add a bit (just a bit) of motion/gaussian blur to those opaque replicas?

Other than that, I like it a lot.

Turbs, yours looks awesome too. I like the colour a lot. And the rims look just right. Pay close attention however, to the rear rim, in the space between it and the wheel well, to the front of the car, you can see a bit of red. Also the chicken wire at the rear of the car, it looks like it blends with the air duct... is that on purpose, or maybe it should look less blurred?

Great work so far! I don't know if it's because of the pressure the competition has done towards the less knowledgeable or what, but the level has certainly been turned up several notches.

I'm a bit behind on mine, hopefuly the weekend will help me get some work done.

I better change that red bit, it happened from the second time i edited the WB, i forgot to remove it...and the mesh is meant to be like that ;)

Diego, how exactly do you import the textures and brush them on? I have Photoshop CS. Thank you in advance.

Banned? Oh well, might've been Sakiale back in.

Anyway, the textures are pretty easy to put in. You just put the image over the chop, put the layer mode in Multiply and just use a small, soft eraser and add the oxidised streaks.

There's another way, with the selection tool, making the oxidised parts into a shape (sorry, my Photoshop at work is in Spanish and I'm thinking of that one) and then throwing them into the selection you made.

you know what i just forgot about? Making it a competition car, I got so caught up in making it LOOK all beat up.

a closer look, what i essential did to the car itself was a stripe, a Burnout Revenge Decal, HID lamps and colour change... everything else was focused on scenery.. I suggest everyone put some thought into making a scenery next time so then there's more to it than just body cosmetics

I think I'll call my impreza's Version.."Impreza R08 ST-i" <- B4 name formula-ed...

If anyone wants to definetly win, turn the impreza into a Formula F1/ indy car. The hardest idea i can think of, most effort required and most rewarding :)

If anyone wants to definetly win, turn the impreza into a Formula F1/ indy car. The hardest idea i can think of, most effort required and most rewarding :)

That is harsh, but i can do that, but not for this comp. Was working on an Integra with the F1 parts, it looks sick....but it not completed yet, so i guess you just have to wait. :)
BTW, where's my avatar? you said you were gonna fix it.....

The entry initially said to turn it into a race car, but I think after Jay changed the pic, he also changed the theme, making it into a performance vehicle of some kind?

Not a Race car specifically but a Competition related car. 👍

I've got two ideas on the go at the moment, Dakar style & Nascar/Touring car.

Back