Circuit Experience golded!

United States
United States
That's all of em. For now anyway, until we get more tracks. That puts a wrap on that, mission challenges and driving school. I have some races left to clear in pro and enduro yet

Last track to fall was Goodard. It reminds me of Grindlewald, except that i liked Grindlewald a lot and Goodard, not so much :P Odd because it resembles the area I grew up in quite a lot. The track does a good job of illustrating literally the expression 'planting potatoes.' Found myself out in the middle of a field of crops more than once driving that track in Nostalgic, lol

That's all of em. For now anyway, until we get more tracks. That puts a wrap on that, mission challenges and driving school. I have some races left to clear in pro and enduro yet

Last track to fall was Goodard. It reminds me of Grindlewald, except that i liked Grindlewald a lot and Goodard, not so much :P Odd because it resembles the area I grew up in quite a lot. The track does a good job of illustrating literally the expression 'planting potatoes.' Found myself out in the middle of a field of crops more than once driving that track in Nostalgic, lol
Ok

Congratulations, that's quite a feat! Did you get any sort of supercar for getting all gold?
In any case, well done!

Nothing special for the completion. That surprised me. GTR V spec II for that last track. That was it. I hope there are more tracks to work on in the next patch.

am almost at 70% completed....

I am doing them as part of my daily workout... Two birds with one stone...

I am not progressing very fast, because I only have a little bit over an hour of playtime for every two days...

Slowly catching up...

If you have the ring and La Sarthe done, that's the biggies. And fishy ranch, I guess. Most of the others were little trouble. After I finish up the races, i may endeavor to try to get at least one win in sport. That will be tough, starting as late as I did. I doubt it will happen, but we will see

If you have the ring and La Sarthe done, that's the biggies. And fishy ranch, I guess. Most of the others were little trouble. After I finish up the races, i may endeavor to try to get at least one win in sport. That will be tough, starting as late as I did. I doubt it will happen, but we will see

Yup got these three out of the way...
Fishy was "fun"...

Nothing special for the completion. That surprised me. GTR V spec II for that last track. That was it. I hope there are more tracks to work on in the next patch.

Oh, that's a pity. The only part I have all gold for is driving school and you get a rather unique GTR Safety Car for doing that.
Not that it matters for me.... my chances of getting gold on all tracks are between none and zero! I am still sat at bronze for the ring full lap (and only have gold on one or two sectors!!)..... love the track but absolutely useless at it :)

Oh, that's a pity. The only part I have all gold for is driving school and you get a rather unique GTR Safety Car for doing that.
Not that it matters for me.... my chances of getting gold on all tracks are between none and zero! I am still sat at bronze for the ring full lap (and only have gold on one or two sectors!!)..... love the track but absolutely useless at it :)

patience, dont try to rush
just enjoy and persevere, you will improve before you know it...

I don’t mean for this to come across as arrogant, but for the circuit experience, all of the gold times are well within the capabilities of the respective cars. None of the times require the cars to be driven “on the edge”.

Focus on finding your braking points (turn off the driving line if you haven’t already, cones are optional, wouldn't recommend them). Look for actual brake markers (200m, 150m, 100m, etc), or other things like start/end/transition of curbs, advertising signs, tress, etc. Once you find your braking points, don’t try to banzai every braking zone, braking as late as possible. You’ll lose more time by overshooting a braking zone and having to compromise your exit, as opposed to braking slightly early and getting a clean exit.

One technique worth learning, that will make things much easier, is learning how to trail brake. Read up on it, watch videos on YouTube, etc. Once you learn how to trail brake, you’ll be able to go for a leisurely cruise around most tracks and still get silver/gold times.

Here’s a series of videos about “how to become an alien”. It brakes cornering down into 4 sub sections, namely Initial Braking, Trail Braking/Turn-In, Mid Corner, and Exit, as well as a separate video about Chicanes. Just a note, the Intro to the video series is actually the last video in the playlist, the rest are all in order.

These videos were made in Project CARS, but the basic techniques illustrated apply to any racing game/sim you’ll ever play.

In Circuit Experience just keep practising in the sectors, until you and get Gold on all the sectors before you do the full lap.
In Circuit Experience I always get Gold in all the sectors first before I attempt a full lap.

Thanks Twitcher, Fordlaser..... just checked the ring again and I was wrong - I don't have gold on ANY sectors...:lol: All are silver, and final one-lap is bronze.
I'll take your advice on board and keep trying....:cheers:

Thanks Twitcher, Fordlaser..... just checked the ring again and I was wrong - I don't have gold on ANY sectors...:lol: All are silver, and final one-lap is bronze.
First I committed to clearing two sectors every night.
After I golded all sectors it then took me two to three full lap attempts every night for about two and a half or three weeks to finally learn the whole track.
Yes, I'm a slow learner :)

What helped me on the ring was doing the mission challenges section 7. The whole thing is sections from the ring. Various times of day including one real bugger at night. And, of course with traffic. Before I did those I was stuck on section one of the circuit experience. After those, I was able to breeze through them and the gold full lap came in just a few runs after.

You do have to get through sections 1-6 to unlock 7 but you can always just grab a passing time on each to open it up and who knows, may get lucky on a few.

I always watched the videos. A lot of it is daft and I'm almost certain the guy did every single one with automatic transmission, but he does point out a few helpful things.

Keep in mind you can play with TCs and brakes. The settings will stay as long as you are in that test, so if the test is too short or awkward you can just blow one run to adjust settings and they will be there until you leave.

I find that the individual sectors seem to be trickier than the full lap most of the time.
The best tip I can give is to concentrate on your driving and forget about the clock.

I used to do these on the outside (actually impossible) chance that I'd win one of the 10 million plus cars.

I still do them but not with the same anticipation.

I have gold in all the sectors for Nurburgring but not the single lap. That one silver is going to haunt me until gt7. That track can go straight to hell.
I like the Green Hell track, because it is one Hell of a track :). Just keep doing the lap until you get gold, that is the only thing you can do. Always have a positive outlook about the Green Hell, and not a negative one.

Finally.....
IMG_20190825_131026.jpg

Sainte-Croix is really annoying me, there’s too much sunlight to use the cockpit view :-( , i’m within two seconds of the Gold :banghead:

I’m Silver around the Ring with a 7:12 but i’ve yet to do a clean lap.

I only these two for the full set

What Driving assist you have on ?.
TC at 2.... that's all, everything else off. I am using auto gearbox (I know).

EDIT - I have cones switched on too.... I shut them off some time ago but put them back on to get used to new tracks and never got around to switching them off again, but they don't really factor too much on this track as I'm concentrating so much on the road!!

I finally got gold in the 1 lap Nurb circuit experience last night and not only beat my previous record which was 7.00.XXX but smashed it and the gold time by several seconds. I realized that I was good on the first half of the course and totally threw it away in the second half. That silver was bugging me.

tenor.gif

Back