Circuit Experience golded!

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by SleepyDragon, Aug 21, 2019.

1. seadog777

seadog777 Premium

I bet that was.... disappointing! :lol:

The real prize is the accomplishment..... great job.

Thorin Cain and Blood Eagle like this.
  2. Haitauer

Haitauer

That track is all about being smooth and carrying speed through corners. :)

GTR365 likes this.
  3. Kevstah2004

Kevstah2004

Edit:
    Done it 3:34.560
    Now just the Ring to go.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
    seadog777 and sirjim73 like this.
  4. fordlaser

fordlaser Premium

You get faster laps with traction control off, but having TC at 1 is good.

seadog777 likes this.
  5. Kevstah2004

Kevstah2004

Edging closer at the Ring 7:03 down from 7:12, still not completely clean as I came off and had to drive on over the grass, which probably cost me 3-4 seconds and it stepped out over a few the kurbs,
    I can gain 1-2 seconds in the first section depending on how I get around the first corner, sometimes I’m above 50mph over times it drops to below 45mph.

6. Cerebral303

Cerebral303

I have all gold except the Ring full lap. It's so long and I either play it safe and miss the time by a few seconds, or I have a storming committed lap with an eventual mistake. Not tried it for a while though, this thread is encouraging, I'll give it another go.

GTR365 likes this.
  7. fordlaser

fordlaser Premium

Good luck, and I really hope you get Gold soon.

seadog777 and Cerebral303 like this.
  8. Cerebral303

Cerebral303

Done!
    I decided to go for it, and despite going off 3 times I finished with a 6:59, and thought - I lost so much time, if I go again I could easily beat that if I was a bit more careful.

Hit retry immediatly and left my ghost for dust near the start and finished with a 6:55 after driving cautiously near the end.

Done it, finally! Got the trophy, and got rid of that silver sliver of shame.
    If it wasn't for this thread I wouldn't have bothered.

Ashthebash, GTR365, watto79 and 3 others like this.
  9. fordlaser

fordlaser Premium

Well done mate :cheers::cheers:.

Cerebral303 and seadog777 like this.
  10. seadog777

seadog777 Premium

If silver is shameful, what's bronze?? Asking for a friend..... :cool:

GTR365, sirjim73 and Cerebral303 like this.
  11. Cerebral303

Cerebral303

I was just listening to a podcast - apparently research was done on people who were athletes etc and who came 2nd in the biggest event in their life and retired never having won, and apparently they always felt unhappy and unfulfilled BUT people who came 3rd didn't have that feeling, they got to enjoy being on the podium without the bittersweet feeling of almost having won. Sort of like at the end of the last nations cup with Fraga, Hizal and then Lopez with a big smile :)

Still, I got Bronze before I got Silver and thought I was never going to get Gold but there will be places where you can pick up seconds that you hadn't realised before, watch other fast laps to find those places, knowing where you can get on the power early before a few straight sections is an easy way to pick up seconds. Also try out different lines, I was needlessly braking for corners like Flugplatz that killed the speed I could carry on average with a better line. Keep trying and good luck!

seadog777 likes this.
  12. watto79

watto79

A brown stain of embarrassment.

seadog777 likes this.
  13. opelgt1969

opelgt1969 Premium

Bronze is way better in GTS than in GT4; my opinion only. Why? at least in in GTS you can tell the difference between bronze and gold remember in GT4 bronze looked almost just like gold.

seadog777 likes this.
  14. seadog777

seadog777 Premium

Thanks for the encouragement.... I'll pass it on to my friend *cough*.

Cerebral303 likes this.
  15. Kevstah2004

Kevstah2004

Down to 7min on the Ring, only 3s to go :)
    Turning off TCS gained me another 3 seconds but i’m sliding all over the place as soon as I hit the throttle, I’m loosing time having to lift off to get car stable again.

sirjim73 and fordlaser like this.
  16. fordlaser

fordlaser Premium

If you are sliding all over the place when you hit the throttle, try a gentle acceleration rather than a lot of throttle.

17. Kevstah2004

Kevstah2004

I do my best to feather it but like I said it still catches me out, I’m thinking of running TCS:2 for most corners and turning it off for the long bends and straights, the last little section with it off i’m loosing a good second with it being unpredictable, I kinda get myself stuck their momentarily not knowing what to do even though I come flying in with good speed.

18. fordlaser

fordlaser Premium

Try TCS on 1 all the time, because anymore TSC it just slow you down, also use trail braking because you will have more control in the corners and more speed. Just keep up with the practice my friend :cheers:.

seadog777 likes this.
  19. Kevstah2004

Kevstah2004

Damn thought i’d done it
    6:58.099 gutted.

20. sirjim73

sirjim73

Well done. Nearly there. As I recall, the car is a bit sensitive in its handling, so it took me a while to get gold.

Those last couple of seconds will just come down to running one corner a little smoother or a cleaner exit. You might find that you'll make a run that gets you gold without knowing what that last little bit of time was from, I know I did, but when you get the gold you wont care what it was :D

fordlaser and GTR365 like this.
  21. GTR365

GTR365 Premium

Try to monitor the proportion of steering input to throttle input. As you progressively release the wheel, gently apply throttle.
    Balance here is your friend.

Layer onto this your absolute exit speed, the rpm of your chosen gear related to the power/torque curve of the car & the camber of the corner (negative, neutral or positive).

Go get 'em!

klondike and fordlaser like this.
  22. Kevstah2004

Kevstah2004

Yep just need to bring it altogether and try to make less mistakes, depending how on quick I get around the first corner 50-60mph the last orange/red tyre stack mark on the barrier that I use as the brake marker, I can be 2 seconds quicker alone at end of the 2nd sector 1:14-16 and if I got the braking spot on without screwing up and scrubbing off too much speed to the down hill right maybe even a 1:11-13 it’s fun seeing your ghost more than three car lengths away.

sirjim73 and fordlaser like this.