circuit experiences are broken...

• Thread starter bohuggaee
  • 94 comments

bohuggaee

(Banned)
United States
United States
these circuit experiences are nearly impossible for me, and must be for the average person. (i know i sound pompous, but on project cars i was undefeated and on forza 6 i was 5.10 on nordschleife, that was 38th in the world, i know what im doing...) many of these would be difficult with a wheel. let alone a controller which is what i use. they need to be patched so that silver times are gold.. modifying sensitive, to 10 just isn't enough compared to what the demonstration car can do, and brake balance doesn't actually do anything for brake steering.... they are forcing you to play them with a detuned car. no matter how i take a turn or brake, the demonstration ghost will just pull away from me. so it definitely has more hp, and can out brake and out turn me. i can hit their braking point, their speed and i understeer every time. i've driven the nordschleife in games for over a decade. i have the track so well memorized in every game ive played with it. i love the track so much, i'll drive it with my eyes close before sleep. . however, coming to gt7, to do the circuit experience is utterly implausible... the car is simply detuned to make the game unnecessarily difficult so you can't get points. they are pretending every professional driver is on this level of edge, where one simple issue is a huge explosion of a mistake. and thats simply not true... if cars were actually like these in real life. every driver would crash out of the race. you brake a foot late in this game and the inertia just sends you off track. thats not how cars work. the same forces are exerted everywhere on track, the same friction, but you can test it, to show that the game isn't actually about driving a car. its a punishment system for not following that invisible line that pretends it god of all racing and people in the game. its almost as if, they have never heard of early and late apexes and what they are there for.

i've driven the nordschleife in games for over a decade. i have the track so well memorized in every game ive played with it. i love the track so much, i'll drive it with my eyes close before sleep. . however, coming to gt7, to do the circuit experience is utterly implausible... the car is simply detuned to make the game unnecessarily difficult so you can't get points
I've completed it and I'm rubbish.

I've completed it and I'm rubbish.
either you did it before some sort of patch, or you are just being funny.

this is my video comparison with the real record lap, to show how accurate projects cars was. i always changed field of view to have more sensation of speed, which slows you down. gt7 has the closest field of view of any racing game ever made, making it feel very slow. and for some reason, you will just slide off a track carrying no speed.

these circuit experiences shouldn't take this much time to get through. once or twice for a seasoned player to get through a section..

i was so quick, the 30 fps couldn't keep up and i'd give myself headaches, trying to go quicker.

Gran Turismo 7 is patched on a monthly basis - and sometimes more frequently. There's even one coming this week. Things don't suddenly stop counting because someone did it more than two weeks ago.

I've done it twice, on two different accounts. And I'm still rubbish.

this is my video comparison with the real record lap, to show how accurate projects cars was.
Okay, but why? What does driving a Pagani Zonda R at the Nordschleife in reality and driving a Pagani Zonda Revolucion (which is a different car) at the Nordschleife in some other game - or a 1990 F1 car in yet another different game - have to do with how difficult it is driving a BMW M6 GT3 at the Nordschleife in GT7?

If you think the Nordschleife Circuit Experience is difficult, try Tokyo Expressway Central Loop Counterclockwise.

Incidentally, you just agreed to abide by GTPlanet's Acceptable Use Policy. Please make more of an effort to ensure your posts do that, as they currently are not.

these circuit experiences are nearly impossible for me, and must be for the average person.
I am very average, Gold requires practice and persistence but is not impossible.
gt7 has the closest field of view of any racing game ever made, making it feel very slow. and for some reason, you will just slide off a track carrying no speed.

Perhaps your problem is you think you're going slow, when you're not, and that's why you're ploughing everywhere.

I've only just Started Nords in this game, especially since the time for gold got quite a bit tighter since the old time in GT Sport. 😅 Patience and taking breaks will be key I'm sure. Maybe it will finally help me actually get better there as well!

Last edited:
@bohuggaee

Dont let you confuse by the demo laps, then we got a physic shift with patch 1.31 but the demos are still based on before the patch. One big diffrent with the new physics are how the braking behave. You need to brake a bit earlier then before the patch/demo.
You need to adapt youre driving style to Gt but there are all doable with controller.

Last edited:
we got a physic shift with patch 1.31 but the demos are still based on before the patch
GT Website
3. World Circuits
The target times for all events within the Circuit Experience has been adjusted, and the demonstrations have been updated accordingly.

Last edited:
I've only just Started Nords in this game, especially since the time for gold got quite a bit tighter since the old time in GT Sport. 😅 Patience and taking breaks will be key I'm sure. Maybe it will finally help me actually get better there as well!
Tbh that target time is a bit misleading
Yes the gold time is way faster than in GTS, but the M6 Endurance model is significantly faster than it was

They have changed slitly by a few tens but for Sf19 superlicens 7 for instens it is way more diffrent. Sf19 got 2 seconds slower but the demo hase only changed by 0.3 seconds so far i can remember. Also the expiriance for the north hase only changed by ca 0.5 and dosnt match how to race it. But anyway, as a controller user we cant take the demos for an example how to manage it. Wheel hase still a huge advantage.

these circuit experiences are nearly impossible for me, and must be for the average person. (i know i sound pompous, but on project cars i was undefeated and on forza 6 i was 5.10 on nordschleife, that was 38th in the world, i know what im doing...) many of these would be difficult with a wheel. let alone a controller which is what i use. they need to be patched so that silver times are gold.. modifying sensitive, to 10 just isn't enough compared to what the demonstration car can do, and brake balance doesn't actually do anything for brake steering.... they are forcing you to play them with a detuned car. no matter how i take a turn or brake, the demonstration ghost will just pull away from me. so it definitely has more hp, and can out brake and out turn me. i can hit their braking point, their speed and i understeer every time. i've driven the nordschleife in games for over a decade. i have the track so well memorized in every game ive played with it. i love the track so much, i'll drive it with my eyes close before sleep. . however, coming to gt7, to do the circuit experience is utterly implausible... the car is simply detuned to make the game unnecessarily difficult so you can't get points. they are pretending every professional driver is on this level of edge, where one simple issue is a huge explosion of a mistake. and thats simply not true... if cars were actually like these in real life. every driver would crash out of the race. you brake a foot late in this game and the inertia just sends you off track. thats not how cars work. the same forces are exerted everywhere on track, the same friction, but you can test it, to show that the game isn't actually about driving a car. its a punishment system for not following that invisible line that pretends it god of all racing and people in the game. its almost as if, they have never heard of early and late apexes and what they are there for.
I did over half the Circuit Experience Golds on DS4 with the original weight transfer of death physics. They're doable. But remember every game's physics are different and prioritize slightly different driving. Carrying speed through and getting faster exits is crucial. Also, tires heat up and lose grip. A trick I learned from a few others is to go into settings and turn up the tire sounds. It's annoying to get used to but it serves as a warning about getting the tires too hot and slippery

this is my video comparison with the real record lap, to show how accurate projects cars was.

All this video demonstrates is that you need a lot more practice. I only got to Aremburg before I got sick of the low res "recorded on a 2005 Razr" aesthetic but your lines are all over the place.

You sound like a troll, mate.

I'm slow as F and I also use a controller and I've been able to at least manage Bronze on all the tracks I've tried. And I haven't done all of them because I'm lazy.

Just have patience and you will, again, at least manage a Bronze.

It sounds like you might want to adjust your ABS settings. It could also help to do a couple of laps without ABS to get a sense of how hard you’re actually braking.

mmm, what times did you manage on the current time trial on the ring??, that's kind of a nice bar to set in terms of track knowledge.

As many are saying here there were physic update along the way, BUT......
there has not been a single update what prevents you from not being able to gold the CE of the ring.

Trust me, i'm on DS4 and i'm fine.... after a lot of miles on the ring, i'm quite fast but on the current TT guys are 13 second faster than me, and i'm comfy in the gold, go figure....

These guys know the track better than me, have more miles on it, and practise more than i do.

The M6 is tricky but less tricky then before all the update imo.

my tip?, instead of comparing all these games and fault the physics just go find were you can faster, cause a whole bunch of guys here golded it multiple times including me.

Practise, practise and practise 👍

The CE golds are accessible to the most average player (like me). The target times are easier on some tracks, not so easy on others, but surely not impossible. But a game should be challenging IMHO, and some of these CE really challenge an average player.
Personally I've yet to gold Nordschleiff CE, uniquely because I believe I find hard to get a couple on uninterrupted playing hours to put together a decent full lap on the ring. For my experience with the singled out sectors is challenging but doable to my (low) level.

Forget how amazing you were on PC or FM6, they are different simcades with very different physics models and it seems to me that your approach to Nordschleif like you would be playing FM6 could very well be the problem. In FM physics generally you can be all over the place, not really taking care of your lines and certainly you can keep putting wheels on the grass at the Ring in GT games, at least will scrub you (an exaggerated amount of) speed.

The solo races that the café menus force us to do are generally far too easy. The game needs proper challenges like some of the missions and the circuit experiences. I'm an unremarkable DR B driver with a controller and after hours of work got gold in almost all circuit experiences. It forces you to try and try again - which it would not do if it were not a proper challenge.

The 'ring is probably the most difficult CE challenge, so if the OP is struggling with that, then perhaps try another track which with practice should be achievable with practice.

if cars were actually like these in real life
Driving real and driving in game are 2 different things, even if all physics would be the same - for the sole reason that you cant die with a virtual crash and thus dont need to consider any bit of security but can try to go all out all the time.

A lot of smart comments, not many mentioning that Circuit Experiences have a bug whereby the lower the difficulty is, the faster the AI is. Hard Difficulty results in the best possible chance to gold circuit experiences
There's no AI in Circuit Experiences, and the difficulty level does not affect the target times - which is the only metric as it's against the clock...

Last edited:
If you think the Nordschleife Circuit Experience is difficult, try Tokyo Expressway Central Loop Counterclockwise.
I'm working on the Tokyo Central Counter CE and yeah, it's not an easy one to gold. That Subaru has no grip. I did clockwise on v1.27 but the new v1.31 update makes it quite a bit harder. Still haven't done the Nord.

on forza 6 i was 5.10 on nordschleife, that was 38th in the world, i know what im doing
I had multiple world records in Forza Horizon 4, and only have bronze in the current GT7 Autopolis SF time trial. Different games with different physics, and you can't do well by developing your own great tune for these fixed setup car challenges in GT7.

I think the CEs in GT7 are definitely harder for the average players but they are not impossible. I'm slowly working through them and taking my time. While there are some that I managed to gold on the first try, others do take me countless of tries to complete. I golded the Nordschleife on the previous patch so I know it's doable. There are no more credit incentives for me to try it again with the new update so I didn't bother but again it's not impossible.

Latest Posts

Back