circuit experiences are broken...

• Thread starter bohuggaee
  • 94 comments
I wanted the McLaren GT3 car, and just to show it's not remotely impossible, after posting in this thread last night I went and golded all the sectors and full lap on my first full run (had to abort a few runs in the first two sectors) with a totally scuffed lap that anybody with any modicum of talent should be able to beat:

Replay is also shared for anyone if you want to pick apart my awful driving.

Last edited:
these circuit experiences are nearly impossible for me, and must be for the average person. (i know i sound pompous, but on project cars i was undefeated and on forza 6 i was 5.10 on nordschleife, that was 38th in the world, i know what im doing...) many of these would be difficult with a wheel. let alone a controller which is what i use. they need to be patched so that silver times are gold.. modifying sensitive, to 10 just isn't enough compared to what the demonstration car can do, and brake balance doesn't actually do anything for brake steering.... they are forcing you to play them with a detuned car. no matter how i take a turn or brake, the demonstration ghost will just pull away from me. so it definitely has more hp, and can out brake and out turn me. i can hit their braking point, their speed and i understeer every time. i've driven the nordschleife in games for over a decade. i have the track so well memorized in every game ive played with it. i love the track so much, i'll drive it with my eyes close before sleep. . however, coming to gt7, to do the circuit experience is utterly implausible... the car is simply detuned to make the game unnecessarily difficult so you can't get points. they are pretending every professional driver is on this level of edge, where one simple issue is a huge explosion of a mistake. and thats simply not true... if cars were actually like these in real life. every driver would crash out of the race. you brake a foot late in this game and the inertia just sends you off track. thats not how cars work. the same forces are exerted everywhere on track, the same friction, but you can test it, to show that the game isn't actually about driving a car. its a punishment system for not following that invisible line that pretends it god of all racing and people in the game. its almost as if, they have never heard of early and late apexes and what they are there for.
I golded them all on the original launch physics, the physics where MR drivetrain cars were completely broken, and they felt like your tyres were made of used banana skins instead of rubber.

Every physics change has made the stability of the game better. So much so in fact that the physics now are a mere tiny step above GT Sports imo, (A+S, game fully platinumed for me).

If we were to discuss online physics, you may have a point. Imo they are inconsistent and vary from corner to corner in some regards. My hunch is that the online version features random 'oil spills and dirt' on the road. So many times a driver has gone off in front and you will have zero grip at the same corner right after them. Placebo effect? Maybe. But if it is the case then we need oil/lack of adhesion flags in game.

However single player could not possibly feature such mechanic as you're only one car on track in a circuit experience event.

Imo, skill issue.

OP has made me really curious so I gave it a go today with a controller (I can't even remember the last time I played GT with a controller). Took me a couple of restarts, not gonna lie. The last time I did this CE was almost a year ago and under completely different physics. OP must be doing something seriously wrong because I was driving like an absolute muppet, making huge mistakes in basically every corner barely controlling the car and still finished with almost 5 seconds to spare. I was actually more than half a second faster today with a controller than I was last year with a wheel!!!. Watch the video and see for yourself, it's really nail-biting stuff.😆

I did this on an old account (Long story) and my main issue was the lack of throttle response
Nothing, nothing, nothing and then the turbo goes “Allow me to introduce myself“
Otherwise I didn’t have too many issues once I learnt that accelerating before the car is completely straight means death

OP has made me really curious so I gave it a go today with a controller (I can't even remember the last time I played GT with a controller). Took me a couple of restarts, not gonna lie. The last time I did this CE was almost a year ago and under completely different physics. OP must be doing something seriously wrong because I was driving like an absolute muppet, making huge mistakes in basically every corner barely controlling the car and still finished with almost 5 seconds to spare. I was actually more than half a second faster today with a controller than I was last year with a wheel!!!. Watch the video and see for yourself, it's really nail-biting stuff.😆

Well that just proves CE is broken! I mean if you can do that under those circumstances and everything and OP is the best project cars player ever then the only reasonable explanation is that CE is broken.

If I had a dollar for every one of these ‘oh so close’ times…
IMG_0202.jpeg

I've tried Tokyo Expressway - Central Clockwise for several hours and after what feels like a perfect lap I'm still 0,7 seconds off the pace. The gold time is cruel joke and this feels impossible. I guess I'll settle for silver for this one and wait for the next physics update.

For someone who claims "I know what I am doing" they sure spend a lot of time nowhere near the apex. I never knew the center of the track was the fastest way thru the corner before or that it pays dividends to use the curbs on the outside of the turn. I will have to give this a try because I can assure you, when it comes to GT7 I am nowhere near knowing what I am doing nor close to the top times.

Well that just proves CE is broken! I mean if you can do that under those circumstances and everything and OP is the best project cars player ever then the only reasonable explanation is that CE is broken.
Yep. It's the only logical explanation. Right? :lol: Wait, there's another one. I was cheating. Everyone who has golded this CE is a filthy cheater. 😄

Break balance 3 is the way to go, or is this personal preference?

I golded all sectors, so now its time to put in some time for 1 lap attack and get 5kk credits. Surely possible and it will make me better at that track and in Daily C after all

Last edited:
For someone who claims "I know what I am doing" they sure spend a lot of time nowhere near the apex. I never knew the center of the track was the fastest way thru the corner before or that it pays dividends to use the curbs on the outside of the turn. I will have to give this a try because I can assure you, when it comes to GT7 I am nowhere near knowing what I am doing nor close to the top times.
"I know what I'm doing" doesn't mean "I'm good at what I'm doing" 😂

I've played GT since its inception and consider myself to be an average to ok driver.
This is the first GT title where I've managed to 100% the 'circuit experience' part of the game including the Nurburgring which I never thought I'd be able to do! Yes, it's very challenging - probably the hardest of the lot but with practice, patience and maybe watching a few videos online, you can do it - especially if you've done so well in other games like Forza etc.

I'm not the best racer by any means but after getting gold on 3 and then 4 and then 5 of the sectors, I started to believe I could do the rest of the sectors and eventually the full lap and guess what? I did! It took me many days and much practice...I think I hit a lap time of 7:12 (just to finish) then 6:55 then 6:49 then it got lower and lower....I even missed out on gold by a second so I knew I could do it.

Try to get gold in each sector to learn where you can go fast for each of them. The full lap will just be stringing it all together.

these circuit experiences are nearly impossible for me, and must be for the average person. (i know i sound pompous, but on project cars i was undefeated and on forza 6 i was 5.10 on nordschleife, that was 38th in the world, i know what im doing...) many of these would be difficult with a wheel. let alone a controller which is what i use. they need to be patched so that silver times are gold.. modifying sensitive, to 10 just isn't enough compared to what the demonstration car can do, and brake balance doesn't actually do anything for brake steering.... they are forcing you to play them with a detuned car. no matter how i take a turn or brake, the demonstration ghost will just pull away from me. so it definitely has more hp, and can out brake and out turn me. i can hit their braking point, their speed and i understeer every time. i've driven the nordschleife in games for over a decade. i have the track so well memorized in every game ive played with it. i love the track so much, i'll drive it with my eyes close before sleep. . however, coming to gt7, to do the circuit experience is utterly implausible... the car is simply detuned to make the game unnecessarily difficult so you can't get points. they are pretending every professional driver is on this level of edge, where one simple issue is a huge explosion of a mistake. and thats simply not true... if cars were actually like these in real life. every driver would crash out of the race. you brake a foot late in this game and the inertia just sends you off track. thats not how cars work. the same forces are exerted everywhere on track, the same friction, but you can test it, to show that the game isn't actually about driving a car. its a punishment system for not following that invisible line that pretends it god of all racing and people in the game. its almost as if, they have never heard of early and late apexes and what they are there for.
I don’t know what to tell you but I’m a very mediocre driver and I’ve gotten all gold on like 2/3 of the circuits so far.

I’m not saying it isn’t difficult- it is REALLY difficult, but it is doable.

It is also probably THE BEST driving instruction in the game and has probably helped me the most as far as racing online, so worth the difficult effort.

This is not Forza.
I placed 23rd in the world championships for an RTS called Emperor: Battle for Dune. I am currently getting my engine backfires handed to me by five AI bots in Tiberium Wars.
I think the CE's are a little difficult, yes ... for gold times. Bronze is dead simple. Striving for the gold will show you racing lines you'd never dream of. I'm finding that at Spa, with each race, I find faster lines with the same car.
@Famine: It ain't nice to lie, lol. If you've golded more than a handful of CE's, you ain't rubbish at this.
I gotta run, ya'll...three Avatars just walked in and a Redeemer is uncloaking next to my drone platform...

Break balance 3 is the way to go, or is this personal preference?
When I had the BB set to the front the car felt a little too understeery for my taste so I went with +3 and it just suited my driving style better. For you -2 might be best, who knows. You have to find that out yourself.

I have been on a circuit experience for a few months now, Blue Moon Bay in the Americas, There is two experiences to choose from I did all gold on the first eventually and now I am on the second Infield A it is called, The three sections are tricky but after a month I managed to get gold on each one. The lap the 4th one on there the Lap Attack has a gold time of 1:10.000 and I cannot for the life of me do it I got my son to watch and time each section and I am hitting gold times on each section but when I cross the line it says 1:11.something! the best I have done is 1:11.184 which is 1.184 secs to slow for gold.
I have fiddled with every assist setting going but switching up TC or switching on ASM is pointless it just slows the car so much. having the TC on 1 or off is like driving on ice the car slides everywhere. It has to be on 2 to keep the car straight or if you don't want to slow down so much you end up with a 1:13.000 time or longer.
I have put it down a few times and thought why am I bothering it is impossible but others have done it so it isn't impossible but I do think the times for the average gamer are incredibly difficult and a sliding level scale should be available.
The slider on the game only slightly adjusts the AI when in races and is well a bit pointless really as it doesn't make that much difference as most AI still think their mission is to knock you off more than win the race. Alas I haven't bothered with races for a while now with AI as opponents.
Eachnight I say my prayers and ask for the servers to Driveclub to be switched back on or for a New version of Driveclub without making it stupidly hard to come out and give me a driving game which is not silly hard like GT7.
When the day comes DriveClub does get an upgrade version (I prey it does) my GT7 will be free to first collector.

I have been on a circuit experience for a few months now, Blue Moon Bay in the Americas, There is two experiences to choose from I did all gold on the first eventually and now I am on the second Infield A it is called, The three sections are tricky but after a month I managed to get gold on each one. The lap the 4th one on there the Lap Attack has a gold time of 1:10.000 and I cannot for the life of me do it I got my son to watch and time each section and I am hitting gold times on each section but when I cross the line it says 1:11.something! the best I have done is 1:11.184 which is 1.184 secs to slow for gold.
I have fiddled with every assist setting going but switching up TC or switching on ASM is pointless it just slows the car so much. having the TC on 1 or off is like driving on ice the car slides everywhere. It has to be on 2 to keep the car straight or if you don't want to slow down so much you end up with a 1:13.000 time or longer.
I have put it down a few times and thought why am I bothering it is impossible but others have done it so it isn't impossible but I do think the times for the average gamer are incredibly difficult and a sliding level scale should be available.
The slider on the game only slightly adjusts the AI when in races and is well a bit pointless really as it doesn't make that much difference as most AI still think their mission is to knock you off more than win the race. Alas I haven't bothered with races for a while now with AI as opponents.
Eachnight I say my prayers and ask for the servers to Driveclub to be switched back on or for a New version of Driveclub without making it stupidly hard to come out and give me a driving game which is not silly hard like GT7.
When the day comes DriveClub does get an upgrade version (I prey it does) my GT7 will be free to first collector.
You need to learn better throttle moderation; that will solve your TCS issue.

Circuit Experience Golds were meant to be difficult and not something that everyone achieves.

I recall there being about 2 or 3 turns on that specific track that you needed to nail in order to get the gold time. Screw them up just a little and your lap is ruined. That one gave me a bit of trouble, but once I figured out the little adjustments I needed to make the gold came easy. I suggest turning on the ghost of your best lap and essentially racing yourself. You will be able to see where you are going slow and where you are finding faster lines. Then you just need to string together the best lines from your ghost and your better self.

Last edited:
The lap the 4th one on there the Lap Attack has a gold time of 1:10.000 and I cannot for the life of me do it
Did you watched the demo ? This track is among the easiest ones and one of the rare tracks I've golded. Keep trying, you will get it.

TC is a factor that is slowing you down, even if just a bit.
It actually is still faster to have a small slide with TC0 than having TC1 preventing the slide if you were to 100% replicate the same line with no other variables.
But at the same time any TC enabled setting can show you better lines throughout each corner if you watch out for how to drive with the least TC interaction possible.

It actually is still faster to have a small slide with TC0 than having TC1 preventing the slide if you were to 100% replicate the same line with no other variables.
But at the same time any TC enabled setting can show you better lines throughout each corner if you watch out for how to drive with the least TC interaction possible.
TC is waaaaaaaayyyyy better now after the physics update than pre v1.31, though. Even a setting like TC1 can prevent big time losses from too much wheel spin, but its reduction in throttle response is nowhere near as bad as it was in the pre v1.31 era. That said, the fastest drivers don't use TC, so it must be faster to have it off than have it on. One more thing, you don't have to drive at alien speeds to gold the CE experiences. If you need to use TC1, then use TC1 but get better at your braking points, turn in points and carrying as much speed as you can through the turns.

The demonstration driver absolutely destroys the gold times with TC on like 5. It used to be awful in GTS but it's definitely not the reason people aren't making the times.

Gold has to be a challenge. That's the fun part, what makes it special. Do you find it hard? Think is impossible? Then it's well balanced to you.

We gotta thank Kaz for keeping this gold challenges since PSX. The rest of single player mode is just too easy. Enjoyable in its own way, yeah, but almost never a challenge.

Just for a reference: using a controller, I'm usually silver, very close to gold on weekly time trials; while not trying as hard as licenses or circuit experiences, which are all gold. You just have to keep practicing. Tokyo and Nordschleife were a bit harder, yes. But again, that's where the fun is.

The rest of single player mode is just too easy. Enjoyable in its own way, yeah, but almost never a challenge.
Because the only way of offering us a challenge they are able to achieve is with tight TT times.

Otherwise it is all chase the rabbit mode with dumb AI...

Because the only way of offering us a challenge they are able to achieve is with tight TT times.

Otherwise it is all chase the rabbit mode with dumb AI...
Way to complain about something completely unrelated. Par for the course, I guess.

I have been hammering away for over a month and no joy I don't think I will ever do it if I am honest, I have finished all the cafe menus apart from the later ones about collecting cars which don't float my boat really.
I will give it a few more weeks and try your advice thank you and gold or not I will have to move on to a different CE.
I have done a couple where I managed gold all sectors and others where I can't gold the first sector so have no chance at the lap lol.
Cheers. I don't consider my self as good at all I just enjoy playing, I just wish there was an easier mode for people like me and the mode there is now for those who love a seriously difficult challenge.

Latest Posts

Back