circuit experiences are broken...

• Thread starter bohuggaee
  • 94 comments
these circuit experiences are nearly impossible for me, and must be for the average person. (i know i sound pompous, but on project cars i was undefeated and on forza 6 i was 5.10 on nordschleife, that was 38th in the world, i know what im doing...) many of these would be difficult with a wheel. let alone a controller which is what i use. they need to be patched so that silver times are gold.. modifying sensitive, to 10 just isn't enough compared to what the demonstration car can do, and brake balance doesn't actually do anything for brake steering.... they are forcing you to play them with a detuned car. no matter how i take a turn or brake, the demonstration ghost will just pull away from me. so it definitely has more hp, and can out brake and out turn me. i can hit their braking point, their speed and i understeer every time. i've driven the nordschleife in games for over a decade. i have the track so well memorized in every game ive played with it. i love the track so much, i'll drive it with my eyes close before sleep. . however, coming to gt7, to do the circuit experience is utterly implausible... the car is simply detuned to make the game unnecessarily difficult so you can't get points. they are pretending every professional driver is on this level of edge, where one simple issue is a huge explosion of a mistake. and thats simply not true... if cars were actually like these in real life. every driver would crash out of the race. you brake a foot late in this game and the inertia just sends you off track. thats not how cars work. the same forces are exerted everywhere on track, the same friction, but you can test it, to show that the game isn't actually about driving a car. its a punishment system for not following that invisible line that pretends it god of all racing and people in the game. its almost as if, they have never heard of early and late apexes and what they are there for.
Totally agree im struggling with tracks I know to get gold , I use a wheel, i also hate the grind for money , I never bought all the cars gt sport,

Well, it's not supposed to be easy. It's supposed to pose a challenge for most people.

And, for what is worth, I'm average and still managed gold in everything (somethings took me a lot of time).

100% golds on all of the circuit experience with a G29. I'm relatively slow driver.

it was not easy but it was challenging and still is, when they release new track.

Last edited:
Just had a quick go lol what a waste of time I nailed it and thought Oh here we go crossed the line 1:12.302 Ok so did it again 1:10.212 Ok did it again and got a wonderful run 1:11.574? it just doesn't make sense!
So I had another go and thought I went a little bit slow in a corner and crossed the line 1:10.385 ok did it again and carried 6mph quicker through bend and did the rest flawlessly 1:11.794 enough I really believe the clock has something wrong with it!
Felt something I never felt before I had controller in hand and I felt like bouncing it off the wall but didn't so Game deleted Disc in box. Give it the grandson as I think my time is over on consoles.
Everything progresses but age makes me regress so games are harder and I am getting slower all leads to hanging up the controller.
It's been fun. Over and out, leave it to the young uns.
Cheers folks.
Don't give up, don't give in ( no retreat, no surrender ) ... ;)

I'm 62 years old, I'm on a DS4, no assists but ABS, and I'm right back from BMB Infield A with one more proof that it's doable.
I read your posts couple days ago and I knew I'd tackle that CE again soon ... so I decided to at least give a short report here.

It's been fun. Infield A is not a complex track but it's demanding as you're doing most of the turns at very high speed. It's sort
of make or break often. You need to absolutely nail turns 2,3,4 and the penultimate one leading back onto the oval ( I've even
been shortcutting this unintentionally ), you need good throttle control through both of the tight 180° turns ( I call it the S section ).

I'm not able to permanently run laps at my personal limit and small mistakes cost a lot of time here. Maybe that's why you
encounter these big differences too from one attempt to another. I'm perfectly ok with it though because imo these CE challenges,
they're not meant to build consistency but to find limits.

After about 100 miles I felt I got close to my max, still a good bit away from my previous FL, but anyway ... that's what it was :

Gran Turismo™ 7_20230621203535.jpg

Don't give up, don't give in ( no retreat, no surrender ) ... ;)

I'm 62 years old, I'm on a DS4, no assists but ABS, and I'm right back from BMB Infield A with one more proof that it's doable.
I read your posts couple days ago and I knew I'd tackle that CE again soon ... so I decided to at least give a short report here.

It's been fun. Infield A is not a complex track but it's demanding as you're doing most of the turns at very high speed. It's sort
of make or break often. You need to absolutely nail turns 2,3,4 and the penultimate one leading back onto the oval ( I've even
been shortcutting this unintentionally ), you need good throttle control through both of the tight 180° turns ( I call it the S section ).

I'm not able to permanently run laps at my personal limit and small mistakes cost a lot of time here. Maybe that's why you
encounter these big differences too from one attempt to another. I'm perfectly ok with it though because imo these CE challenges,
they're not meant to build consistency but to find limits.

After about 100 miles I felt I got close to my max, still a good bit away from my previous FL, but anyway ... that's what it was :

View attachment 1267055
Appreciate your help but I did give up and handed it all to my grandson(he was over the moon) maybe I will get more than socks come this christmas lol, He called today Grandad can you help me on a game? Yes which game? GT Sport so we have been nailing the Circuit Experiences but we got stuck again on Suzuka Circuit the first section with the NSX gr3 which has ice skates I think not tyres lol If you bought a car and it handled like that does you would take it back the shop and say It's broken I don't want it. I managed a 38.879 but gold is 38.700 so close but we can't get near that again lol. Drove me nuts I was so glad when his mum come pick him up lol Now I have a headache and I am not home for the next few days (hoping he moves on from it and leaves me alone lol as I really can't be bothered but we do as it's our grandkids. VR Quest 2 is the way to go ten pin bowling lots of fun. Enjoy bud cheers.

Latest Posts

Back