Circuit Park Zandvoort

Circuit Park Zandvoort v.D3.42

• Thread starter OdeFinn
  • 69 comments
@Cooya check these:
909_fullimage_zandvoort motorsport circuit park zandvoort 650x350.jpg_560x350.jpg
A167326_x500.jpg
hq720.jpg
Zandvoort-2014.jpg
z1411829442.jpg
Tarzan and just after it, middle picture is from Scheivlak corner, one widest on track, doesn't look wide :)

Track is truly tight track, but there is so many lines to take corners.

Last edited:
I will try it out later today OdeFinn, I'm overall very satisfied of what you have done so far, if you ask me, it is ready to get some scenery and track decorating:tup::cheers:.

Edit: the only very small thing I want you to adjust, is the elevation from after the last sweeping right corner, and the hole front straight down to after the pit exit, it's all slightly downhill, and the last 30 or 40 meters to first corner is slightly uphill. That's the only issue I have OdeFinn;).
You are doing a great job

I will try it out later today OdeFinn, I'm overall very satisfied of what you have done so far, if you ask me, it is ready to get some scenery and track decorating:tup::cheers:.

Edit: the only very small thing I want you to adjust, is the elevation from after the last sweeping right corner, and the hole front straight down to after the pit exit, it's all slightly downhill, and the last 30 or 40 meters to first corner is slightly uphill. That's the only issue I have OdeFinn;).
You are doing a great job
Last corner is already coming uphill, hole front of pit exit.. Show a picture?

There is several changes on latest version, check it and get back, if possible put images of precise places and explanation what it does wrong and what it should do. Thanks.

Hi again:tup:. Okay I'll try, bare with me. First picture, I will point things out below the picture:

IMAG0380.jpg

From the bottom of the picture and all the way down to the first corner, it is a constant slightly downhill, my reference is taking from a video from the actual real life track.

Second picture:

IMAG0381.jpg

From the bottom of this picture it has to be flattened out all the way up to the point, I'll show in the next picture.

IMAG0382.jpg

To the bottom of this picture the flattened ends, and use the banking you have already made. My reference is this OdeFinn;

Zandvoort Circuit Lap, 7.sep 2014, uploaded by Bart Mesman.
Hope it makes sense, the front straight in yours is almost flat all up to the finish line. I know you have done the elevation, but I just feel that it has to be corrected, if you want yours to have the real life elevation changes. Forget the things in my first post, I had just run some laps in Assetto Corsa, and that version is not correct.:rolleyes::cheers:

Hi again:tup:. Okay I'll try, bare with me. First picture, I will point things out below the picture:

View attachment 631105
From the bottom of the picture and all the way down to the first corner, it is a constant slightly downhill, my reference is taking from a video from the actual real life track.

Second picture:

View attachment 631107
From the bottom of this picture it has to be flattened out all the way up to the point, I'll show in the next picture.

View attachment 631108
To the bottom of this picture the flattened ends, and use the banking you have already made. My reference is this OdeFinn;

Zandvoort Circuit Lap, 7.sep 2014, uploaded by Bart Mesman.
Hope it makes sense, the front straight in yours is almost flat all up to the finish line. I know you have done the elevation, but I just feel that it has to be corrected, if you want yours to have the real life elevation changes. Forget the things in my first post, I had just run some laps in Assetto Corsa, and that version is not correct.:rolleyes::cheers:

That whole sf-straight as downhill I'm not buying, it is downhill on last quarter of it (IMO and specs what I had), that's in there currently. But I'll try to check bit more.

That flattening request.. Well I have checked it many times, there is small error on angle how it rises from 1st corner, but not significant error. Biggest difference is video material used for judging, or most POV height of video material, high car and high positioned camera and it hides lot of actual elevation changes of track. By height data currently that area is lower than it should be.. :)

I'll check some good low POV height onboard video for you.

@gt6champnk69 just looked more and more that area after 1st turn, only fail what i could find is slightly too sharp lift up from bottom of 1st turn, that makes you feel at there's need for flattening on next top..

1st corner has some small error, sharp dip on end 1/3 of corner, I'll fix that and see if it's easy to grab that deep part smoother, there is one wicked thing when adjusting corners, elevations and banking, I'm not 100% sure where it counts elevation value, will cambered inside be deeper than elevation is, or is that equal to elevation and outside is higher, or is it on center of track.. Don't know, but if corner drops on elevation it will generate camber to it also, turn 9 is Good example, there is approx 1° degree bank, but track dips during corner and it really doesn't feel or look 1° camber.. I'll check those turns 1 and 2 before continuing to decoration phase.

I did say slightly downhill to the sf-straight:), I'll change it to very slightly downhill in flat form if you like. It isn't flat like a kitchen table:P. Just curious OdeFinn, where do you have the height data from?, Project Cars, or Assetto Corsa?, if you do the data is not reliable as Zandvoort in those two games are not Laser scanned. IMO, judging from the video I posted is true. I hope you don't mind to have this conversation, because I think I might see something that you don't see:cheers:.
Example, after the first corner, the position I pointed out, in GT6 either from bumper view or from interior view, you should be able to see all the way down to the right hander, you can't in your version. I know it's not much, but if you ask me, these corrections would distinguish it from the versions in Project Cars, and Assetto Corsa. Of course it is personal point of view:).
Everything else is perfect OdeFinn. Don't want to be rude, just want to contribute.:cheers:

I did say slightly downhill to the sf-straight:), I'll change it to very slightly downhill in flat form if you like. It isn't flat like a kitchen table:P. Just curious OdeFinn, where do you have the height data from?, Project Cars, or Assetto Corsa?, if you do the data is not reliable as Zandvoort in those two games are not Laser scanned. IMO, judging from the video I posted is true. I hope you don't mind to have this conversation, because I think I might see something that you don't see:cheers:.
Example, after the first corner, the position I pointed out, in GT6 either from bumper view or from interior view, you should be able to see all the way down to the right hander, you can't in your version. I know it's not much, but if you ask me, these corrections would distinguish it from the versions in Project Cars, and Assetto Corsa. Of course it is personal point of view:).
Everything else is perfect OdeFinn. Don't want to be rude, just want to contribute.:cheers:
I don't mind, I'm checking those things, I asked for feedback, I'm happy on every feedback, and trying to get this right as possible, plus I'm just learning to use these tools so I'm not professional with these :)
That 1st to 2nd turn section is haunting me before you mentioned it, problem is more on 1st corner than area after it, reason is that height data usage, but I'll figure out something on there.

About precision, I'm happy how I got Rob Slotemakerbocht(5th) turn inside bumps replicated, those small knobs are there on purpose, nearly satisfied on outside "bumps" on Renaultbocht(8th) corner, and that weird short camber on Kumhobocht(12) was hard to get decent and lot of trial and error to get cad camber transition on right place at Marlborobocht(7th), that just before cutting in to corner.

So definitely will spend time on turns 1 and 2.. That camber on top of turn 2 was hard to get right, it's now enough to get pass my quality check..;)

@gt6champnk69 just remembering what's that main reason of problem is, that's place where I had to bend track more left than it goes real-life, just to get it fit to map, that pit building is on way and I had to twist few turns bit to get it fit, that is one of them, other is on uphill mild right after turn 3, both are slightly of if comparing to real-life.

Confirmed:tup::cheers:, I understand, I would not be able to do it. I just hope you can sort it out.
I'll wait to see the update, and after that I think you can start on with decorations. :)👍

Edit: yes, I also like those corners to, even more after what you describe now. Awesome OdeFinn:cheers::bowdown:

Last edited by a moderator:
The new update is superb:cheers:.
Just a theory OdeFinn. Could your height data and Ted file play a trick actually:confused:, could it be because that section has banking on the left side of the track, and is flattened on the right side of the track, so therefor it tells you there are elevation change, but it is actually just the banking, and banking and elevation is not the same thing. You have posted a very good picture of it;
downloadfile-20.jpg

I think you can simply do the same thing, that you have done in turn 2. Left side of track to middle has banking, right side of track to middle is flattened. Just a theory, but when I both watch the video of the E35, and this picture it's very clear. :)

I think you can simply do the same thing, that you have done in turn 2. Left side of track to middle has banking, right side of track to middle is flattened. Just a theory, but when I both watch the video of the E35, and this picture it's very clear. :)

I'll do something to it later, last update was just a blank idea and simple solution.
Checking if Banking is from first turn leftover, will check transition place.

Well, after all this time, i still have no idea what you lot are talking about. I really appreciate everyones efforts in making these replica tracks :)

Well, after all this time, i still have no idea what you lot are talking about. I really appreciate everyones efforts in making these replica tracks :)
Thanks, decoration is pita stuff, really tipping m my hat to guys like @Mr Grumpy for making decos at his tracks.. "Stretching billboards" is not my thing, but I'll do it for this track.. :)

Maybe getting this track ready on today..

Next version is "light" version, no church, no houses, dropped all non meaningful Marshall posts out - meaning if it's not helping to aim line it's gonna go, dropping about half of billboards, leaving meaningful and some good decorative ones.
Reason: minimalistic is best for online usage, this stutters too much on current form, will do few tests with current one before making light version. I'm using this mostly on online and don't want to drive on wall with every join/entry or pit event. Version before any decoration was very fluent and stable, chasing compromises between it and decorated.

Next version is "light" version, no church, no houses, dropped all non meaningful Marshall posts out - meaning if it's not helping to aim line it's gonna go, dropping about half of billboards, leaving meaningful and some good decorative ones.
Reason: minimalistic is best for online usage, this stutters too much on current form, will do few tests with current one before making light version. I'm using this mostly on online and don't want to drive on wall with every join/entry or pit event. Version before any decoration was very fluent and stable, chasing compromises between it and decorated.

I don't think it's decoration making the stutter mate, I've got some heavily decorated tracks that run smother than some really baron tracks.

I'm starting to think it's how much you mod the S/F that causes it, but can't be 100% sure.

I don't think it's decoration making the stutter mate, I've got some heavily decorated tracks that run smother than some really baron tracks.

I'm starting to think it's how much you mod the S/F that causes it, but can't be 100% sure.
Zandvoort S/F is kinda stock, only mild elevation going thru it.
But gonna run several test lobbies before choosing what to do, if stuttering continues I'll do light version and test it too.
I really hope at you're right and reason was just misaligned stars on sky..;)

I really love the track now with all the new added scenery @OdeFinn :bowdown::cheers:. All the signs really gives it a real life replica feel to it. I have read about that church building between turn 12 and 13, instead of removing it, why not adding Raised Bank after clipping the apex of turn 12 (Kumhobocht), and all the way up till just after where the sandbox ends in turn 13 (Arie Luyendijkbocht), on the left side, that would hide the building?, I wouldn't mind if you would add it.
Just a ?, are you able to remove the trees on the top of Raised Bank in the editor?, if it's possible, that would look great, and would resemble the look of the real one. Another thing and then I'm also done requesting, the Raised Bank you have on the right side just before turn 6, it would be great if you'd have it go all up to the cross over bridge. But please give me a feedback if it is possible to remove the trees on the Raised Bank. 👍:):bowdown:

I really love the track now with all the new added scenery @OdeFinn :bowdown::cheers:. All the signs really gives it a real life replica feel to it. I have read about that church building between turn 12 and 13, instead of removing it, why not adding Raised Bank after clipping the apex of turn 12 (Kumhobocht), and all the way up till just after where the sandbox ends in turn 13 (Arie Luyendijkbocht), on the left side, that would hide the building?, I wouldn't mind if you would add

Done already, but it brings problem, sandtrap and raised bank are overlapping, bank comes over sandtrap and hides 95% sand, no good, had to leave as is.

Just a ?, are you able to remove the trees on the top of Raised Bank in the editor?, if it's possible, that would look great, and would resemble the look of the real one. Another thing and then I'm also done requesting, the Raised Bank you have on the right side just before turn 6, it would be great if you'd have it go all up to the cross over bridge. But please give me a feedback if it is possible to remove the trees on the Raised Bank. 👍:):bowdown:

Done already, exactly like you're suggesting, but then comes irritating blinking render show on horizon when you're driving down from 4th corner and aiming to 5th corner, breaks immersion badly while it blinks raised bank on right horizon.

Trees cannot be removed, afaik, from top of banks..

More real-world implementation is on way..

v.D3.42 has misalignment on "everything" after turn 9. (Vodafonebocht), overall track lenght shortens under one meter there, due fixed elevation and banking, because of that all objects(maybe banking too?) after it are now that under one meter too late.
Fixing it later, had to check precise amount of movement and edit manually every curb and other objects, also checking banking differences and editing those to manually if needed.

Prefer to download 3.41 from version history, 3.42 will go to junkyard, too much things gone wrong on it.

Last edited:
Back