Circuit Park Zandvoort

Circuit Park Zandvoort v.D3.42

• Thread starter OdeFinn
  • 69 comments

@Grippy how does this look? Or feel?

Does look more accurate and the track width somehow looks miles better. I think you've used a little magic ;) I can recognize this track better. I'll have to practice more on the original and this new one...to see how far it's come.

Little tip when it comes to shifting I figured out:
You're going to shift up, ease clutch pedal in about 50% then release gas, 100% clutch, shift into gear. Makes shifting quicker and less likely to Miss a shift. But if you did this IRL I'd imagine it might not be good for your clutch lol. I do wish the game let the car hiccup a bit rather than put into neutral and invalidate the shift altogether.

Last edited:
Track is truly tight track, but there is so many lines to take corners.

If you have Assetto Corsa, maybe practice a bit on that and watch some videos on the ideal racing line on Zandvoort that all the pro drivers use. Forget the amateur lines, focus on the one line that everyone takes on the real track then maybe adjust yours so that real drivers are taking the same lines(They'll just have to make do with less run-off area and less overtaking area,but will be forced to take the same lines). Will give them more realism if anything.

Edit: Well damn, I read through, I can see this track has come a long way, so excuse me for missing the opportunity to comment on it a few months back when you needed it. I think as of now, after comparing with real life media, it's already very realistic, the only real limits are GT6 game itself. Great work.

Last edited:
Little tip when it comes to shifting I figured out:
You're going to shift up, ease clutch pedal in about 50% then release gas, 100% clutch, shift into gear. Makes shifting quicker and less likely to Miss a shift. But if you did this IRL I'd imagine it might not be good for your clutch lol. I do wish the game let the car hiccup a bit rather than put into neutral and invalidate the shift altogether.

I'm going with G27, I have stock throttle pedal, custom brake, and quick modded clutch pedal.
Brake from AP Electrix.
Clutch only with limited travel mod, during that video it broke slightly what caused more mis-shifts, on G27 you can freely limit travel distance of any pedal, it will calibrate maximum to whatever distance you have limited it, my travel restrictor just started to wear out (cable tie).
With restricted travel you're able to use clutch way more realistic on GT6.

Edit: Well damn, I read through, I can see this track has come a long way, so excuse me for missing the opportunity to comment on it a few months back when you needed it. I think as of now, after comparing with real life media, it's already very realistic, the only real limits are GT6 game itself. Great work.

Currently versions 3.41 and 3.42 are good, 3.42 has broken decoration but more realistic banking and elevation, 3.41 has decos positioned as they should. This failure on decos pisses me, big repair to get it right and real-life takes huge part currently on my Freetime so fixing will take time.
Older version is downloadable from "version history" tab.

I'll fix this someday, but IRL things are just so time consuming.

I'll fix this someday, but IRL things are just so time consuming.

Personally, I reckon you've gone above and beyond with Zandvoort. I didn't actually think you'd start on the custom apk so quickly so I applaud you just for that, also it's turned out pretty great. Don't stress, take your time. I'm sure you've got far more important stuff IRL, we all get the same time to time mate :cheers:

Personally, I reckon you've gone above and beyond with Zandvoort. I didn't actually think you'd start on the custom apk so quickly so I applaud you just for that, also it's turned out pretty great. Don't stress, take your time. I'm sure you've got far more important stuff IRL, we all get the same time to time mate :cheers:
Thanks, I want to do this, just have to get time for it. It's quite driveable as is, but want to finish some things more closer to real deal.

If ya'll are wondering what car to use on this track, I do recommend the Miura, power limited to 500pp and SS tyres. Eifel tracks tend to be quite low grip and the Miura is a Grippy chassis, so on SS tyres it's a match made in heaven and feels like it's on RS compound. Benefit of both high-grip setup and dynamics/progression of a real tyre.

Here's a quick hotlap, excuse the quality I tried my best given the tools:

Onto some track criticisms I have, for further improvement.
The section from corner 12 to 13 isn't nearly as steep as I remember in AC, and sure enough when compared to IRL it seems my assumption is somewhat correct. I also suspect this is because the straight starting from end of corner 11 isn't as steep downhill, thus corner 13 is also not as steep as it should be because corner 12 isn't xx elevation below the grid start. Here's a comparison to illustrate: http://www.youtubedoubler.com/?vide...=H09pDo4kv8s&start2=80&authorName=aphrocarlin

@Grippy that section from 11 to 13 is kinda kinky, there's so few banking markers to alter, perhaps I'll try to do some tweaking it, there's downhill and uphill, amount vs real have to determined more accurate.
On summer I'll go on site to check that ;)

@Grippy that section from 11 to 13 is kinda kinky, there's so few banking markers to alter, perhaps I'll try to do some tweaking it, theremakersill and uphill, amount vs real have to determined more accurate.
On summer I'll go on site to check that ;)

Hope you keep many backups of D3.42 It'd be great if you mess up to have at least that, but also I've fallen in love with its imperfections.

As with the corners that feel a little lacking in smoothness, I will get back to you but for now just hop in a miura like the one setup in my video, it's very noticeable after a few laps

Last edited:
Hope you keep many backups of D3.42 It'd be great if you mess up to have at least that, but also I've fallen in love with its imperfections.

As with the corners that feel a little lacking in smoothness, I will get back to you but for now just hop in a miura like the one setup in my video, it's very noticeable after a few laps
I have several milestones between all versions, not altering "only" copy.. Making decision to fix or start again is thing what I'll fight when starting repair of this track. Every deco needs to move a bit, check again at it's positioned as real and that's time consuming stuff, i.e. One billboard move might take 20+ min, edit, upload, test/check, redo for minor corrective move and again again..
There might be help on earlier versions saves, but checking nearly all decos position values and comparing to current and then starting to move.. Uff.. Why I accepted shape to be fine and started decoration... Now deco blows and shape is evolving.. Good learning process to get info "do not do it like this, remember" :lol:

There might be help on earlier versions saves, but checking nearly all decos position values and comparing to current and then starting to move.. Uff.. Why I accepted shape to be fine and started decoration... Now deco blows and shape is evolving.. Good learning process to get info "do not do it like this, remember" :lol:

Haha oh dear. To save myself from scrutiny later I will say, with tight lips I suspect...I suspect that there is something a little off.. last two/3 corners but you check yourself because you know the track better than I do. It would be too much If halfway through you realise shape turns out worse and deco has to be redone! HAHAHHAH so yeah..check yourself before you wreck yourself. Xd lol

Back