Cities: Skylines (the Sim City we deserve)

• Thread starter Akira AC
  • 1,530 comments
Yeah I almost only ever bought stuff on sale.

I bought a physical copy of base game with Parklife for £19 in July 2020 to get me through those times.

cities-skylines-parklife-edition-ps4-game-18941-p.jpg

Then slowly most of the DLC

August 2020 - Green Cities - £4.99
August 2020 - Industries - £5.99
September 2020 - Campus, CC:Modern City, Mass Transit, Snowfall £17.36
March 2021 - Sunset Harbor, CC:European Suburbia - £7.98
June 2021 - Bridges & Piers - £3.99
August 2021 - Natural Disasters & Four CC packs - £15.95
January 2022 - CC Map Pack - £3.99

Total of just under £80. Which really isn't too bad, people pay that for super duper mega special editions of new games these days that don't contain anywhere near as much content.

I really need to get back into it.

You guys actually pay for the radio stations?!?

I don't think i've even changed from the default station of the base game. To be fair, its a game i put on if my wife is downstairs working in the lounge, so i'll put something quiet on with the volume on low.

Base game: £0.00 - (PSN free monthly game)
Industries: £5.99
Mass Transit: £4.99
Parklife: £5.99
Sunset Harbour: £5.99
Universities + Campus content: £6.98
Bridges & Piers: £1.99
One of the content packs: £3.99

So a total of a touch under £36. Pretty good value i think. Not sure what my hour count is on it, but i imagine its probably my 3rd most played game since i got my PS4. I'll probably add Airports too once that drops to £5.99 and some more CCPs when they pop up on sale next.

Christ no, I listen to my own music while playing or sometimes even watch something on TV with PIP. I might play that oldies station that comes with the base game sometimes but they repeat too often. "Mother in law....mother in law"

Last edited:
Not intentionally, I bought a bundle for ease and it happened to include a bunch of radio stations. I barely even have the game sound on at all, If you're spending a long while zoomed in on an area for any reason the repetitive sound effects can get really annoying! <phone ring> <siren> <industrial grinding> <phone ring> <siren> <industrial grinding> <phone ring> <siren> <industrial grinding> <phone ring> <siren> <industrial grinding> <phone ring> <siren> <industrial grinding> <phone ring> <siren> <industrial grinding> <phone ring> <siren> <industrial grinding> <phone ring> <siren> <industrial grinding> <phone ring> <siren> <industrial grinding> <phone ring> <siren> <industrial grinding> <phone ring> <siren> <industrial grinding> <phone ring> <siren> <industrial grinding> <phone ring> <siren> <industrial grinding> <phone ring> <siren> <industrial grinding> ...

I think Match Day DLC is the only thing I got for free, but that's just because it's free anyway!

Not intentionally, I bought a bundle for ease and it happened to include a bunch of radio stations. I barely even have the game sound on at all, If you're spending a long while zoomed in on an area for any reason the repetitive sound effects can get really annoying! <phone ring> <siren> <industrial grinding> <phone ring> <siren> <industrial grinding> <phone ring> <siren> <industrial grinding> <phone ring> <siren> <industrial grinding> <phone ring> <siren> <industrial grinding> <phone ring> <siren> <industrial grinding> <phone ring> <siren> <industrial grinding> <phone ring> <siren> <industrial grinding> <phone ring> <siren> <industrial grinding> <phone ring> <siren> <industrial grinding> <phone ring> <siren> <industrial grinding> <phone ring> <siren> <industrial grinding> <phone ring> <siren> <industrial grinding> <phone ring> <siren> <industrial grinding> ...

I think Match Day DLC is the only thing I got for free, but that's just because it's free anyway!
When I watch videos online I can't fathom how they still have the road placement 'click' sound effects on. I turned them off after a couple of days.

Last edited:
So, Johnny Skeptical here doesn't often believe claims made about performance mods. But, I installed the FPS booster mod, and **** me, it does actually work! I've been down to the mid-teens of FPS for quite a while now.

With equivalent settings, I'm now getting 30+ fps again!

This area particularly had been going sub 10 for some reason (I think the Match Day DLC stadium)... back up above 30 now :D

1661969678683.png

Patch notes / new free stuff

18 new roads the main free addition.
Doc Brown Fly GIF by Back to the Future Trilogy

Apparently the new DLC is now available. Can’t remember seeing any release date for it. I’ll give it a try tomorrow, if my laptop has enough RAM for more content.

Having a bit of trouble with this new Achievement from the DLC, any advice?

It sounds like adding more buildings to your pedestrian areas should do the trick. The more buildings you have, the bigger the strain on the service points.

It sounds like adding more buildings to your pedestrian areas should do the trick. The more buildings you have, the bigger the strain on the service points.
I wonder if it’s possible to build a functioning city that is entirely pedestrian paths now 🤔

You’d likely still need highway access to the service points but all the zonable areas could be pedestrianised.

I wonder if it’s possible to build a functioning city that is entirely pedestrian paths now 🤔

You’d likely still need highway access to the service points but all the zonable areas could be pedestrianised.

Zoned industry too?

With the exception of one, all of my mods have now updated.

Bloody Penguins extra landscaping tools was causing this,

1663419412234.png

doesn't look like the mods been updated, but there is a fix version on the workshop.

Last edited:
Yeah, before starting the game I went through all my mods and killed all the obsolete and broken ones and subscribed to the new state-of-the-art mods instead. It feels like a brand new game! :D

I started a new city with the desert map from that content creator's map pack. One of the first things I did was to lay out the pedestrian roads along the riverbank. Also tried some of the new wall-to-wall buildings, they look really great!

Skärmbild (1915).png

I am loving the new roads in the last update, with all the road variety now I can finally get rid of the network extensions mod. Now what they need is an update that brings custom district style ability. I know of the mod but it would be great to see the feature officially supported.

Last edited:
Anyone been having odd glitches with their roads? I'm on PS4 and sometimes the intersections get all stretched out. Searched online for this issue but little results.

I ran out of patience building a new city from scratch, so I loaded up my previous build, half expecting some kind of error since I replaced a bunch of mods since I played last time. It loaded just fine though, just some cranes missing from the harbour, because I got rid of the procedural objects mod.

I changed a few streets around the central square to pedestrian roads and upgraded most of the buildings to create a shopping street. I like the height of the wall-to-wall buildings, they fill the missing spot between low density and high density. Some of the designs I don't really like, but there's a few nice ones in each category.

Skärmbild (1928).png
Skärmbild (1927).png
Skärmbild (1925).png

The central square in daylight.
Skärmbild (1933).png

I like this little corner of the city centre. The triangle next to the bus stop could look good with some detailing.
Skärmbild (1931).png

I put the service point next to the cruise ship terminal, it makes sense to have a bit of cargo traffic going that way.
Skärmbild (1930).png

Spiderdog, spiderdog, does whatever a spiderdog does.
Skärmbild (1932).png

Since winter is around the corner I started a new Snowfall map and built a little railroad town using some of the Seaside Resorts buildings. The only road connection to the town is a small two-lane two-way road, but there is a highway near the edge of the map that I'm planning to connect to once the city is big enough.

Skärmbild (1941).pngSkärmbild (1940).pngSkärmbild (1939).png

Now I have my gaming PC, specifically specced to 32gb for this sim, I'm finding the whole idea very daunting. I had a look on the Workshop for assets and the term 'UK' brought up a thousand pages. I figure I'm going to have to get specific, but it's the prospect of finding what I want to build something I'll be proud of.

VXR
Now I have my gaming PC, specifically specced to 32gb for this sim, I'm finding the whole idea very daunting. I had a look on the Workshop for assets and the term 'UK' brought up a thousand pages. I figure I'm going to have to get specific, but it's the prospect of finding what I want to build something I'll be proud of.
You could do worse than seeing what Biffa has done for his UK build. There are 40 vids before the latest one, and he has his Mods here. He has a Discord, it says in the description of the vid, which may have more information. The Discord may have the UK Themes he has used.

Hope the new PC is all you want it to be. ;)👍

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back