Citroen GT....WOW

• Thread starter MrDuck1234
  • 93 comments
Before the update i had about 2 mill and it wouldnt let me gain anymore is this fixed and you are allowed more cash now or what...

Thats the Japanese version, which prices and earning reflect the Japanese currency (Yen)

All I will say is that this Citroen GT is one really expensive, really fast.....AWD GOLF CART with a nice looking body kit. Of course to me, that's pretty much what any single-speed electric car is - just a glorified golf cart. Well, that's what they sound like, anyway.

Personally, I don't really like it that much. Seems like PD was a bit rushed when adding this "car" to the game. Oh, wait....they WERE rushed into putting this golf cart into the game! My bad...LMFAO!

Pyro

Thats because it has electric motors that drive the car.

I read that it's hydrogen powered, or at least they say it would be.

www.pistonheads.com
After weeks of digital teasers Citroen took the wraps off its GT concept, a hydrogen-powered supercar with zero emissions. There was little information on the car but it has a theortetical 0-62mph of 3.6 seconds and a top speed in the region of 200mph.
The car is a two-seater but measures almost fivemetres long. It has been developed in partnership with Sony and will be available in the Gran Turisimo computer game.

source here, but to be fair they're kind of a tabloid-esque site so I dunno where they got that info from.

I read that it's hydrogen powered, or at least they say it would be.
Yes, they combine hydrogen with oxygen in a fuel cell to produce water and, more importantly, electricity to drive the electric motors. So basically it's an electric car, they just use fuel cells instead of batteries.

All I will say is that this Citroen GT is one really expensive, really fast.....AWD GOLF CART with a nice looking body kit. Of course to me, that's pretty much what any single-speed electric car is - just a glorified golf cart. Well, that's what they sound like, anyway.

Personally, I don't really like it that much. Seems like PD was a bit rushed when adding this "car" to the game. Oh, wait....they WERE rushed into putting this golf cart into the game! My bad...LMFAO!

Pyro

hmm yeah it really sounds like a super-charged golf cart. The cockpit reminds me of a spaceship with the cross in the middle to precisely pinpoint your onboard - rockets into your enemies ass, oooh wait that's wipeout :sly:

I am NOT impressed with this car at all. Its only ment to drive around oval tracks. Its a very poor car to use with Suzuka and Fuji..

You would think will all the downforce it creates it would handle better in the front end.

+1. Just gave the car a try, and was surprised that such a level of aero didn’t provide a better handling. Well maybe some tuners will fix it, or maybe they just will not bother. Anyway, I believe this car is very well representative of Citroën. Some reaction here must be somehow echoing those back to 1955 when they unveiled this:

attachment.php

The scenario of including this to a game is also on par with their advertising line-up mixing fun and technology. This most probably is paid advertisement, so good for Kazunori, Polyphony and those lucky free updaters that will enjoy the car. Hopefully many more manufacturers will go that way, with cars that will better suit one or the other from time to time. And part of the benefits may make it in research/development of other well needed/wanted features.👍

Attachments

• citroends191955salondeparis.jpg
    citroends191955salondeparis.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 200
Yes, they combine hydrogen with oxygen in a fuel cell to produce water and, more importantly, electricity to drive the electric motors. So basically it's an electric car, they just use fuel cells instead of batteries.

Oh, right you are, cheers for that

This pile'o'crap feels like what it is - a ton and a half behemoth with comedy downforce...

Where are people getting this whole 'it's a big heavy tank' thing from?

Fine I agree it handles like crap, or at least seems to as there's no feedback anywhere, ever, but it weighs 1400kg.

That's 110kg less than an R32 Golf (here)

Given that the thing is 5metres long (albeit the back 2 metres probably made entirely of plastic...) that's not bad.

I still agree, stupid car, I just don't think it's 'fat'.

I actually kinda like the Citroen. Its terrible in the form its given, but after spending the better part of yesterday morning tweaking it, its not all that bad.

All I really did was adjust the downforce front and rear and it is much easier to control and much more pleasant to drive.

All I really did was adjust the downforce front and rear and it is much easier to control and much more pleasant to drive.

But what good is it? I might actually care enough to tune it if I could race it. PD needs to give us head-to-head competition.

But what good is it? I might actually care enough to tune it if I could race it...
Thats the thing, I don't really race...anyone actually.

I like doing hot laps, and learning the courses. Competition is only fun for me when I'm racing head-to-head with a friend.

I was really hoping for like a citroen GT event at Fuji or daytona road...because as it stands now the only place you can drive the car is at fuji 800 and you have to use like N3 tires.

I was really hoping for like a citroen GT event at Fuji or daytona road...because as it stands now the only place you can drive the car is at fuji 800 and you have to use like N3 tires.

Yeah, but you can get 200mph on the straight. Before you fly off the end of the track and into the barrier.

Ahh yes, the Batmobile, just what I always wanted.

Blindingly fast.... grips like a remora when the downforce kicks in, But at low speeds I think a Ford Transit has more traction. This has to be the least fun car they've offered us so far, not to mention its outlandish comic-book styling.

PD if you're listening, I feel a direction change... In the next update I'd like Lady Penelope's Rolls but with a choice of orange or pink. And after that maybe Optimus Prime..?

You saw it in the dealership before you bought it. And it's not automatic, it only has one gear. Actually, it doesn't even have one gear, as the engines drive the wheels directly.

So if you try and race in fuji 800 and run:
S3 / N3 tires: 797pp
N3 / S3 tires: 805pp

do all cars do that? And why can't they adjust the PP so the citroen can at least race on s1/s1 tires. I mean jeez, why give us a car and then no place online to race it.

Latest Posts

Back