Classic Gran Turismo Livery Replicas (Read OP before posting!)

• Thread starter syntex123
  • 1,061 comments
The car is separated in multiple parts, you need to select the corret part on the left-side menu. Press R3 to see what part can be mapped in that category. (it'll show in blue)

Roof has it's own category and bumpers are usually on either 'body' or 'other' :)

Yeah, I haven't tried it on any other cars than the Subaru, but when I select either roof or front/back the decals doesn't show.. I'm able to put them on, and they show up in the selection to the right. I noticed that they kind of pulse in stead of being visible at all times during placement etc. Does that mean that it's not compatible somehow?

Might have figured it out now, in stead of choosing "other" and then add new layer it seems like I have to choose "body" - add new layer - then choose front/back or roof.

Looks very clean! :D What did you tag it with? Would love to download them. Maybe everyone in this topic should start using a specific tag ('gtplanet' or something) so that we can find each others stuff. :)

I think this sneaks in, it's a cross between this:

4113082206_2b824bfc07_z.jpg

(Remember when this seemed photorealistic?)

and this:

p157781_large+Ford_Focus_Rally_Car+Front_Passenger_Side.jpg

Ta-da!

DL8yc7UW4AAwqQr.jpg

DL8z3MoXUAAAdae.jpg

Love the big BP logo! What tags did you use?

Here's the Takata Dome NSX livery as seen in GT4!
031020_gt4_takata_dome_nsx_03_front7-3.jpg

And now in GT Sport! (Featuring my Salzburg Porsche)
vVjeA8K.jpg

emjewlX.jpg

I thought it came out great.

Looks great! Which words did you tag it with? Had no luck finding it so far.

Looks very clean! :D What did you tag it with? Would love to download them. Maybe everyone in this topic should start using a specific tag ('gtplanet' or something) so that we can find each others stuff. :)

Love the big BP logo! What tags did you use?

Looks great! Which words did you tag it with? Had no luck finding it so far.

#martini #fordrally #mustang

opera_performance_s2000_04.jpg

Opera McLaren? #opera #gt4 #polyphony

DMvavqZWsAA7jc8.jpg:large

DMva9VNXUAASjr3.jpg:large

DMvbDetWkAEY5bH.jpg:large

p4.jpg

Pennzoil Mustang #pennzoil #ford #gr3

DMvbS1MW0AAGDtr.jpg:large

DMvbXwyX0AA55RH.jpg:large

DMvbd9uXkAAU42o.jpg:large

I tagged it #takata. My IGN is jccjlopes

Thanks! Looked that tag up, got a few Takata NSX's, but none of them yours. I think there are still some issues with the search system, I feel as if the the search doesn't return all items tagged with a certain tag. Anyways, I send a request to your PSN! :)

EDIT: downloaded it now, looks great!

Last edited:
Well, they aren't completely done, but I don't have the patience to redo the remaining logos. Not being able to select multiple layers is just too much of an oversight. Still, it feels good to see this livery on a modern Honda in a GT game:

GT1-Race-Mod-Civic-Type-R-01.jpg
GT1-Race-Mod-Civic-Type-R-02.jpg

I'm still trying to figure out how number plates work with Sport Mode on user-created liveries. To be safe though, I moved a few elements of the livery around to give the boxes space.

Here was my first go in the livery editor. Always loved the Silk Cut livery on the XJR-9 and was thrilled when it was brought full premium back in GT6 (or was it GT5?).
Jaguar_XJR-9_LM_front-left_Heritage_Motor_Centre%2C_Gaydon.jpg

Anyways, I was disappointed it didn't make the lineup this go around, so I decided to give my F-Type the treatment
22553200_1773452745998852_688793605129424385_o.jpg
22553306_1773452915998835_9213855566236481291_o.jpg
22712407_1773453375998789_6255720873439439194_o.jpg
22712446_1773453115998815_1883408405909084917_o.jpg
22770724_1773452212665572_349622293884577886_o.jpg

Edit: Tags are; #jaguar, #xjr9, #silkcut. Enjoy!

Last edited:
Finally here's my shot on the 1987 Mugen Motul Honda Civic and a mash up of a couple of the classic Subaru Impreza rally cars. Be ware, I have taken some creative freedom here - most noticeable with the Subaru :)

I was a bit put off by the lack of cars in this game, but I decided to get it on friday. Haven't had much time on it yet, but 90% of it has been spent editing liveries!

20171022222126.jpg
20171022222137.jpg
20171022222225.jpg

20171022222212.jpg

Well, they aren't completely done, but I don't have the patience to redo the remaining logos. Not being able to select multiple layers is just too much of an oversight. Still, it feels good to see this livery on a modern Honda in a GT game:

View attachment 682702 View attachment 682703

I'm still trying to figure out how number plates work with Sport Mode on user-created liveries. To be safe though, I moved a few elements of the livery around to give the boxes space.

Having just finished a Castrol Mugen NSX, I can totally understand the work behind your Civic. Recreating every « Castrol » with the letters is a pain... For my car, I use the new logo as a grid for the separate letters, then delete it.
I’ll post my NSX tomorrow.

And for those wondering why we can’t find other people’s cars, in my game the search result are always less than 10 hours ago. I think older files are not displayed. So unless you are in the « popular » section, I think the most effective way to find someone’s livery is to add/follow him in the game.

Having just finished a Castrol Mugen NSX, I can totally understand the work behind your Civic. Recreating every « Castrol » with the letters is a pain... For my car, I use the new logo as a grid for the separate letters, then delete it.
I’ll post my NSX tomorrow.

And for those wondering why we can’t find other people’s cars, in my game the search result are always less than 10 hours ago. I think older files are not displayed. So unless you are in the « popular » section, I think the most effective way to find someone’s livery is to add/follow him in the game.

Ah, the NSX is on my list of liveries to redo — looking forward to seeing yours! 👍

So, I finally finished this today. And it helped me realize I'm more or less done liveries until the import option is ready.

20171022191555.jpg
20171022191605.jpg

(Bonus points to anybody who can figure out why it has that racing number)

Recreating that Mazda logo took long enough thanks to Sport's camera constantly resetting. But not being able to group shapes means I had to essentially redo it on the other side (unless I wanted it backwards), and then a third time on the hood of the car. I didn't have the patience to do it a fourth time (or the Mazdaspeed logo) for the rear/wing.

But the recolouring was the worst part. The cursor resets to the top of the list every time, and with 122 layers to scroll through on the main body, and over half needing to be recoloured, it took 40 minutes to create the red car, working from the blue. That's nuts — it'd take about five minutes, tops, in FM7. And plus, there I could re-use any layer groups for any future project.

Really hope there isn't an import limit when the SVG option opens up...

Back