Classic MINI Racing Club (ID: 1001881) - Friday August 14th, 2015 @ 3:00pm EDT/7:00pm GMTOpen 

• Thread starter FergusMik
  • 1,526 comments
Couldn't resist posting my awesome "end over" from one of the offline races I was playing the other day...:cool:

Matterhorn Dristelen .jpgMatterhorn Dristelen _1.jpgMatterhorn Dristelen _2.jpgMatterhorn Dristelen _3.jpgMatterhorn Dristelen _4.jpgMatterhorn Dristelen _5.jpgMatterhorn Dristelen _6.jpgMatterhorn Dristelen _7.jpg

Everyone, we should all get together and send something nice to Mik at the hospital. A fruit basket or a car magazine or whatever.
He's not doing too well at the moment.
Get well soon, Mik 👍

bandages.jpg
There wasn't a scratch on me or my car, pretty amazing. In fact after all that flipping, I actually landed facing the right way on my wheels on the left side grass, carried on and made a not bad lap time after all! :lol:

If the subject matter isn't appropriate, let me know about it Mik.
But I told you I saw strange clouds in the first race, as if the Devil was up in the sky with his horns. Check your replays, guys.
I have not altered the race image in any way, it is straight out of the game. :scared:

I found a picture for reference and put it next to the clouds.

BrandsHatchGrandPrixCircuit80s_zpsda87481b.jpg~original

I've seen that cloud pattern many times, it makes me think of this

Corna_01_(RaBoe).jpg

Or this

handlebar-mustache-300x200.jpg

:lol:

Also, here's a little treat for you guys. I mentioned Wednesday that for fun I sometimes take the Yellowbird around the Ring on CM with all aids and abs off, here's what that looks like. I'd guess you've not seen a lap around the Ring like this before. :D

Last edited:
It completely changes the experience, you get a sense of speed and elevation change that I'd never experienced in a racing game. Makes it much easier to go two-wide through a corner too because I can see exactly where the other car is at all times. 👍

It completely changes the experience, you get a sense of speed and elevation change that I'd never experienced in a racing game. Makes it much easier to go two-wide through a corner too because I can see exactly where the other car is at all times. 👍
I'd love a triple screen setup but space and indeed finances prevent it. They always look great and has you say must really enhance side by side racing.

I really miss the zoom-able map from GT5. You could zoom into a level where you could see the positions of all the cars around you. It was my poor mans multi screen setup. :)
The blind spot indicators I find are a little vague.

I really miss the zoom-able map from GT5. You could zoom into a level where you could see the positions of all the cars around you. It was my poor mans multi screen setup. :)
The blind spot indicators I find are a little vague.

Yes, that's one of the real head-scratchers in GT6 as to why they removed that very useful feature. A shame really.

On a different note, I'm doing something tomorrow at my local Mini dealer that might interest you guys. I have a sneaking suspicion that the "secret location" is the Indianapolis Motor Speedway because there is a performance driving school at IMS that is sponsored by Mini and they exclusively use Mini's. It's called Miles Ahead and they just had a full day driving school at IMS two days ago so they're equipment and personnel are at the track already and the picture here has a Miles Ahead banner across the windscreen. So far as I can tell it's free and should be fun even if the "secret location" is just a parking lot full of cones. :)

Screen shot 2014-10-24 at 9.49.37 AM.png

I've seen that cloud pattern many times, it makes me think of this

View attachment 244514

Or this

View attachment 244513

:lol:

Also, here's a little treat for you guys. I mentioned Wednesday that for fun I sometimes take the Yellowbird around the Ring on CM with all aids and abs off, here's what that looks like. I'd guess you've not seen a lap around the Ring like this before. :D

Great rig! It might be cool to try a 1 on 1 between the Ruf and the Mini as we have it spec'd. There is a lot of braking in the Ruf where the Mini usually doesn't have to. Be an interesting comparison. Lol.

Great rig! It might be cool to try a 1 on 1 between the Ruf and the Mini as we have it spec'd. There is a lot of braking in the Ruf where the Mini usually doesn't have to. Be an interesting comparison. Lol.

Until we got to a straight, and then......bye bye Mini!! :lol:

Seasonal - 2-Wheel Drive Non-Race Car Super Lap:

Using our Minis at 435pp/135hp lets see what we can get. :)

IfAndOr - 10:55.951
FergusMik - 10:58.609

Last edited:
Nice!
Now I have to try it again.:mischievous:
You were faster than me on some sections - so keep it all together and you'll probably do it. 👍

For some reason I have stopped receiving alerts from this thread.
Been like that for almost two weeks.
It's caught me out before, so I did a little research and found out...

If you don't check a thread when you get an alert (or miss it) you will not get further alerts until you visit the thread again.
Use the watched threads button on the main forum page to keep track of things you may have missed. The threads with activity that you haven't visited will be in bold text.

Last edited:
Back