Classic PS1 Title Crash Team Racing Could Get a Remaster

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by GTPNewsWire, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Castrol96

Castrol96

:eek:

J24681357 likes this.
  2. Vredefort

Vredefort

One of the best games ever gets the remaster it deserves and appears faithful. Bring it on!

Moby45 likes this.
  3. RisingStar

RisingStar

YES!

4. iGeaux_Psycho

iGeaux_Psycho

What a time to be alive :bowdown:

5. Moby45

Moby45 Premium

oh hell yes!!!! They will for sure take all my money!

I'M READY NOW!!!

6. 353 Hemi

353 Hemi

And this is most likely why it wasn't included on the Classic.

7. cal1608h

cal1608h

This will definitely be a day one purchase for me. Probably my favourite ever PS1 game just ahead of Crash 2 and Tekken 3. Still remember beating all of Oxide's time trials in the hope it would unlock him! Glad that 20 years later we'll finally be able to do that!

8. Tornado

Tornado

Be curious how it is received when it comes out, depending on how close it stays to the original. When it was new it was the best kart racer on the market, which was a title I think it held until Mario Kart DS released over half a decade later; but that was a game that came out 13 years ago. I don't think it is just a coat of paint away from going hit for hit with All Stars Racers Transformed or Mario Kart 8; certainly not with the amount of gameplay it actually had versus how long the game was.

9. RazorSharkz

RazorSharkz

I wonder if some extra characters will be included. Quite a few have been added since CTR came out.

Also I want to drive as Spyro so there's that

10. Crazy Taylor

Crazy Taylor

Talk about milking the cash cow. $40 (or about £31) for one game. With Crash and Spyro trilogy you got 3 games for £35 online.

11. Pedinhuh

Pedinhuh

12. darioL

darioL

Yess! the only Crash game i cared for!!!(which ill grab used for around 15bucks)
    Wished SquareEnix wasnt so stupid and remastered SoulReaver1 :(

13. GTV0819

GTV0819

Imagine how funny it is to see Neo Cortex's head in this remake.

14. SPhilli911

SPhilli911

This was my first thought too. Maybe it would make more sense at half the price, however, it looks like they are adding new courses and carts on top of the original game. I will still grab it any price, though.

15. aceboy127

aceboy127 Premium

Gameplay Video!

Dylan and CinnamonOD like this.
  16. TJ13

TJ13 Premium

Here is some more GamePlay video

Dylan likes this.
  17. paulpg87

paulpg87

Pre-ordered in december, get my Money. So Happy to bring back childhood with friends and local multiplayer.

CinnamonOD likes this.
  18. CinnamonOD

CinnamonOD

I can see this game having better replay value than the spyro and crash trilogy remakes if the online features are good enough

paulpg87 likes this.
  19. Panoz

Panoz Premium

Can we say Nitro-Fueled is a 2 in 1 remake now with the Nitro Kart content added along with Team Racing.

paulpg87, CinnamonOD and Dylan like this.
  20. CinnamonOD

CinnamonOD

Electron Avenue looks awesome in purple!

21. paulpg87

paulpg87

They need to implement reserve system from CTR, It adds a lot to gameplay. Also i believe turning ratio after the third boost is not 1to1 vs the original and has to be adjusted. Can't wait to see proper gameplay from final build.

22. paulpg87

paulpg87

I have been playing the original since 1999 with friends in local 4vs ... every damn year. Especially xmas's eve from 10pm till early morning. We are getting so pumped here for the remake.

23. GTvsForza

GTvsForza Premium

I hope they add a Classic Skin DLC/Pack to N. Sane Trilogy. That would add to the nostalgia.

24. CinnamonOD

CinnamonOD

I was skeptical when Beenox said that they'd be getting rid of the anti gravity stuff from the CNK content, but judging from the Electron Avenue gameplay that has popped up from PAX East, I'm sure they're doing a geat job with the rest of the CNK tracks

25. CinnamonOD

CinnamonOD

New trailer dropped yesterday

The amount of customization available in this game is off the charts, obviously this is going to be a great opportunity for Activision to monetize the heck out of it, but it's been confirmed that stats are character locked, so no big problem.

Also, a blog post will be released in a matter of hours revealing presumably everything that's going to be included at release.

IMG_20190510_084939.jpg

EDIT: It's a small blog post detailing the customization options available in game, confirming the presence of CNK bosses as playable characters, leaves the playable character list as:
    Crash
    Cortex
    Coco
    Tiny
    N. Gin
    Dingodile
    Polar
    Pura
    Ripper Roo
    Papu Papu
    Komodo Joe
    Prinstripe
    Nitrous Oxide
    N. Tropy
    Fake Crash
    Penta Penguin

Crunch
    Zem
    Zam
    N. Trance
    Krunk
    Nash
    Small Norm
    Big Norm
    Geary
    Real Velo

Some characters that have been heavily hinted of being included have not been yet confirmed (Spyro, Tawna, N. Brio)

Last edited: May 10, 2019
  26. CinnamonOD

CinnamonOD

Two weeks away from release, the launch trailer is out, it has revealed more skins, and gameplay from Hyper Spaceway, Android Alley and Blizzard Bluff

Dylan likes this.
  27. CinnamonOD

CinnamonOD

Among all the announcements made on E3, we got confirmation for Tawna, Spyro, the Podium Girls, Baby T, Baby Crash and Baby Coco as racers, and a new Track based on the Middle Eastern levels from Crash Warped, called Twilight Tour, with more to come at and after release.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
    wagnerFAM98 likes this.
  28. Canucks_9419

Canucks_9419

So it appears to be a 'Battle Pass' like system. Not sure how to feel about that, still very excited for release though!

29. CinnamonOD

CinnamonOD

No additional cost to participate apart from buying the game

As of today, the game will include over 30 characters and a bigger number of tracks and battle arenas

Canucks_9419 likes this.
  30. Canucks_9419

Canucks_9419

Awesome! The only thing that worried me about it was additional cost or not haha