Classic PS1 Title Crash Team Racing Could Get a Remaster

This will definitely be a day one purchase for me. Probably my favourite ever PS1 game just ahead of Crash 2 and Tekken 3. Still remember beating all of Oxide's time trials in the hope it would unlock him! Glad that 20 years later we'll finally be able to do that!

Be curious how it is received when it comes out, depending on how close it stays to the original. When it was new it was the best kart racer on the market, which was a title I think it held until Mario Kart DS released over half a decade later; but that was a game that came out 13 years ago. I don't think it is just a coat of paint away from going hit for hit with All Stars Racers Transformed or Mario Kart 8; certainly not with the amount of gameplay it actually had versus how long the game was.

I wonder if some extra characters will be included. Quite a few have been added since CTR came out.

Also I want to drive as Spyro so there's that

Talk about milking the cash cow. $40 (or about £31) for one game. With Crash and Spyro trilogy you got 3 games for £35 online.

Yess! the only Crash game i cared for!!!(which ill grab used for around 15bucks)
Wished SquareEnix wasnt so stupid and remastered SoulReaver1 :(

Talk about milking the cash cow. $40 (or about £31) for one game. With Crash and Spyro trilogy you got 3 games for £35 online.
This was my first thought too. Maybe it would make more sense at half the price, however, it looks like they are adding new courses and carts on top of the original game. I will still grab it any price, though.

I can see this game having better replay value than the spyro and crash trilogy remakes if the online features are good enough

They need to implement reserve system from CTR, It adds a lot to gameplay. Also i believe turning ratio after the third boost is not 1to1 vs the original and has to be adjusted. Can't wait to see proper gameplay from final build.

I can see this game having better replay value than the spyro and crash trilogy remakes if the online features are good enough

I have been playing the original since 1999 with friends in local 4vs ... every damn year. Especially xmas's eve from 10pm till early morning. We are getting so pumped here for the remake.

I hope they add a Classic Skin DLC/Pack to N. Sane Trilogy. That would add to the nostalgia.

I was skeptical when Beenox said that they'd be getting rid of the anti gravity stuff from the CNK content, but judging from the Electron Avenue gameplay that has popped up from PAX East, I'm sure they're doing a geat job with the rest of the CNK tracks

New trailer dropped yesterday

The amount of customization available in this game is off the charts, obviously this is going to be a great opportunity for Activision to monetize the heck out of it, but it's been confirmed that stats are character locked, so no big problem.

Also, a blog post will be released in a matter of hours revealing presumably everything that's going to be included at release.

IMG_20190510_084939.jpg

EDIT: It's a small blog post detailing the customization options available in game, confirming the presence of CNK bosses as playable characters, leaves the playable character list as:
Crash
Cortex
Coco
Tiny
N. Gin
Dingodile
Polar
Pura
Ripper Roo
Papu Papu
Komodo Joe
Prinstripe
Nitrous Oxide
N. Tropy
Fake Crash
Penta Penguin

Crunch
Zem
Zam
N. Trance
Krunk
Nash
Small Norm
Big Norm
Geary
Real Velo

Some characters that have been heavily hinted of being included have not been yet confirmed (Spyro, Tawna, N. Brio)

Last edited:
Two weeks away from release, the launch trailer is out, it has revealed more skins, and gameplay from Hyper Spaceway, Android Alley and Blizzard Bluff

Among all the announcements made on E3, we got confirmation for Tawna, Spyro, the Podium Girls, Baby T, Baby Crash and Baby Coco as racers, and a new Track based on the Middle Eastern levels from Crash Warped, called Twilight Tour, with more to come at and after release.

D8ypEb9V4AArq-o.jpg:large

Last edited:
Among all the announcements made on E3, we got confirmation for Tawna, Spyro, the Podium Girls, Baby T, Baby Crash and Baby Coco as racers, and a new Track based on the Middle Eastern levels from Crash Warped, called Twilight Tour, with more to come at and after release.

D8ypEb9V4AArq-o.jpg:large

So it appears to be a 'Battle Pass' like system. Not sure how to feel about that, still very excited for release though!

So it appears to be a 'Battle Pass' like system. Not sure how to feel about that, still very excited for release though!
No additional cost to participate apart from buying the game

As of today, the game will include over 30 characters and a bigger number of tracks and battle arenas

No additional cost to participate apart from buying the game

As of today, the game will include over 30 characters and a bigger number of tracks and battle arenas
Awesome! The only thing that worried me about it was additional cost or not haha

Back