CLASSIC RACING - Sundays 17:00-19:00 BST - CONGRATULATIONS CHAMPIONS Flaco & Lex LathorFinished 

No wings If - that look might be alright for Rod Stewart, but not for our room please.

Incidentally the optional wing on the Countach created so much extra drag that Motor magazine reckoned it cut 20mph off the top speed!

Can all drivers please ensure that wheels are age appropriate or finished in an age appropriate colour - there were some photos that I couldn't publish this week because they featured lairy (bright coloured) wheels.

Round 7 - Madrid 12 Laps - Sunday 27th April 17:00 BST

We will be driving the Lamborghini last for the next three rounds because it's handling and corner speed are very different to the other classic cars - therefore the programme will be:

1. World Classic Cars - 1160kg 315bhp

2. Cobra v Art Morrison Corvette - 1240kg 453bhp

3. Lamborghini Countach LP400 1974 - Tuning Prohibited

Cost 216,600 Credits, Standard wheels, Standard Colour

Standard Lamborghini Colours:

Bianco Labrador - White
Argento Luna - Silver
Nero Tenebre - Black
Rosso Siviglia - Red
Arancio - Orange
Giallo Sole - Yellow
Verde Countach - Green

NB If you have already painted your Lamborghini another colour, to save buying another one please respray in a similar colour e.g. white, silver, black, red, orange, yellow etc.

View attachment 146290

PS - Don't forget to change cars - you will be using these cars for rounds 7-9. I will edit this thread later to list the cars chosen so far.

PPS - Helmets and Special Outfits
Zulu has been using an open face helmet and black overalls which are listed in the special outfits (cost 50,000 credits) - this is a good idea as this outfit looks more appropriate for the type of cars we are using. There are also several open face helmets with outfits (cost 100,000) which you can use to give your driver a more authentic look.
(It would be nice if we could have a range of old school outfits as suggested in the features section - I will add the link later so that you can add your vote. Hopefully PD will give us a range including Carol Shelby's Chicken Farmer, striped dungarees, Gentleman Jack Sears shirt and tie as well as the traditional white overalls - obviously all with Open Face helmets and goggles or two sets of goggles - no tear offs in those days!)

View attachment 146344

Above driver models one of the current limited range of PD special outfits which include an open face helmet.
I had found a vintage-looking full-face helmet similar to the old Bell helmets my friends were using with tear-offs when I started motocross racing in 1968. But I switched to open face, because that's what I used.

By the way, how do I lower the top on my BMW 507?

Re the Lamborghini - It will be Race Hard tyres. For testing I used Race Hard rear and Sport Soft front tyres, which worked well.

If - please make the GT350 yellow again - we don't have much yellow in the World Classic Cars, but we normally have too many blue cars!

Lex said - My Shelby is Solar Gold with Hemi-Orange ENKEI 5spoke, if possible. Or seeking more.[/quote]

Lex - please no brightly coloured wheels on classic cars. Cobras look good with original wheels or wire spoked or American Racing vintage Torq Thrust - they raced in real life with those types of wheels.

Last edited:
Car and driver list for rounds 7-9
NB there are a few of you who I haven't heard from regarding your car choice (or I couldn't find your message). Jaguar E Type and Pontiac Tempest are both available. Ferrari / Toyota fully booked.

Car and Drivers Round 7.jpg

Maximusmonster = Corvette C2, Green
Kyra Kid = not racing
Ryan Racer = Corvette C2, Yellow

Last edited:

A small note: I won't be available for Round 8 but I will be available for Rounds 9-....................................FOR E VER!!!
In between WSC's at least. :sly: Another small note: I just got a DFGT a couple days ago and have no plans to drive with a DS3 ever again. So I'm apologizing in advance for whoever and whatever I crash into tomorrow because I cannot drive well with that thing at all yet. My times are about 3-4 seconds slower at the momento.

FOR EVER!!!
And that's a very long time. ;)

DFGT 👍
We do have DS3 users who are extremely quick. However a wheel does add quite a lot more immersion into the game. It does take a little getting used to but if you stick at the wheel eventually you'll wonder why you didn't get one sooner.

Hopefully see you on Sunday - and good luck!

A small note: I won't be available for Round 8 but I will be available for Rounds 9-....................................FOR E VER!!!
In between WSC's at least. :sly: Another small note: I just got a DFGT a couple days ago and have no plans to drive with a DS3 ever again. So I'm apologizing in advance for whoever and whatever I crash into tomorrow because I cannot drive well with that thing at all yet. My times are about 3-4 seconds slower at the momento.

Don't forget you'll need to send me an FR in order to race.

We don't worry about how fast or slow people are as long as they try to race cleanly. It is a wide ability group so some people will get lapped even in a short race, but as long as we all enjoy ourselves - that is the important thing!

World Classics: Corvette C2 Color: Champion Yellow 4(Here's some yellow for you-the brightest yellow in the game! :lol:)
Wheels: American Racing Vintage Torque Thrusts Wheel Color: Standard Black

Cobra vs Corvette: Cobra Color: White/Blue Stripes Wheels: American Racing Vintage Torque Trusts Wheel Color: Guardsmen Blue

Lamborghini One Make Color: Arancio

Oil Change for Lambo?

And that's a very long time. ;)

DFGT 👍
We do have DS3 users who are extremely quick. However a wheel does add quite a lot more immersion into the game. It does take a little getting used to but if you stick at the wheel eventually you'll wonder why you didn't get one sooner.

Hopefully see you on Sunday - and good luck!

So we know Harsk is an excellent driver; the results and replays prove it. Is he a DS3 user? Just curious. Also today, my DFGT really opened up to me. I can finally spread my wings. The Corvette feels great. It is very stable and easy to drive, but the GT350 gets faster lap times, with the downside being that it is a bit more difficult to drive. That is why I have decided to save it for the finale. Just a teaser: my GT350's paint job will blow you away.

Last edited:
So we know Harsk is an excellent driver; the results and replays prove it. Is he a DS3 user? Just curious. Also today, my DFGT really opened up to me. I can finally spread my wings. The Corvette feels great. It is very stable and easy to drive, but the GT350 gets faster lap times, with the downside being that it is a bit more difficult to drive. That is why I have decided to save it for the finale. Just a teaser: my GT350's paint job will blow you away.
Yes, I'm a DS3 user.

I announced my Verde Countach on Tuesday. Do I need to repaint?

Verde is OK - you, Max and Lex will be green. Mine is white and we also have an orange, hopefully also red.

World Classics: Corvette C2 Color: Champion Yellow 4(Here's some yellow for you-the brightest yellow in the game! :lol:)
Wheels: American Racing Vintage Torque Thrusts Wheel Color: Standard Black

Cobra vs Corvette: Cobra Color: White/Blue Stripes Wheels: American Racing Vintage Torque Trusts Wheel Color: Guardsmen Blue

Lamborghini One Make Color: Arancio

Oil Change for Lambo?

The Lamborghini is running standard so oil change is ok.

With colours and wheels - we like them to be appropriate to the age of the car and of a sort that could have been used at the time e.g. approximately 1965 - it is nice if the race photos capture the feel of that time period. If something is too bright it may not be appropriate, but if it is too bright I will let you know after the meeting so it can be toned down in time for the next meeting.

Last edited:
Verde is OK - you, Max and Lex will be green. Mine is white and we also have an orange, hopefully also red.

With colours and wheels - we like them to be appropriate to the age of the car and of a sort that could have been used at the time e.g. approximately 1965 - it is nice if the race photos capture the feel of that time period. If something is too bright it may not be appropriate, but if it is too bright I will let you know after the meeting so it can be toned down in time for the next meeting.

Well my Cobra's wheels match the stripes, and if you look up pictures of historic race cars some of them do have painted wheels. In fact, if you also look up pictures of the Cobra 427 you'll find a few with silver chrome paint jobs. A small number of others had chrome paint too(not Cobras).

I just bought a red one. Now I need to see if I can drive it!

Stu: You and I bumped each other plenty of times. Sorry.

Flaco? WTF? Honking in the last race? You passed on the outside of a hairpin while understeer was pushing me to the outside. There was nothing I could do, and you put yourself in a dangerous place. Then you intentionally rammed me. Nice.

Edit: I just watched the replay from my hood view (how I drive). My front tires were completely red. There was nothing I could do.

Correction: It was Lex who bumped me after the Flaco fiasco.

Sick's external view, lap
7, shows it pretty well.

Last edited:
Flaco leans on the horn as he passes Whisper's lawn dart on the outside of the roundabout, while Sick and Lex watch the carnage. Molten red and smoking, Whisper's front tires refused to allow any change in direction or speed.

Circuito de Madrid.jpg
Circuito de Madrid_1.jpg
Circuito de Madrid_2.jpg

Flaco? WTF? Honking in the last race? You passed on the outside of a hairpin while understeer was pushing me to the outside. There was nothing I could do, and you put yourself in a dangerous place. Then you intentionally rammed me. Nice.

Edit: I just watched the replay from my hood view (how I drive). My front tires were completely red. There was nothing I could do.

Correction: It was Lex who bumped me after the Flaco fiasco.

Sick's external view, lap
7, shows it pretty well.
Well I don´t know what to say.

If I accidentally chose the wrong tyre (SH instead of RH) and use hood view theres a couple of things I would do: Use rear view a lot; use left/right view also and when P1 and P2 are closing up at a much faster pace than I could ever go with the far less grippy compound, I would definitely look for a way to let them lap me safely (not just in case of different compound, but in every case getting lapped means to make way), even if it means to lose my position to the one behind me (in that case, Sick). There is a lot of things you could have done, one example would be ... to brake? You also could have taken the entry from the very right and slowed down, which would have allowed Lex and me to pass you safely, but you chose to keep your line on the inside. We didn´t fight for position, Lex and I were lapping you and the two of us had a battle for 1st. And neither of us rammed you intentionally.

And last, how am I suppose to know you ran Sports Hard? Had you had RH, like the rest, this wouldn´t have happened either, because you didn´t have that much understeer and could have let me (at least) pass you safely by a quick lift off of throttle.

Edit: Just realized that many of you guys were using Sports Hard, not sure why.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back