CLASSIC RACING Sundays 17:00-19:00 GMT: "Ford Ferrari Wars" LEX CHAMP by 1 Point!Finished 

I really enjoyed the races last night even if I didn't get great results. I do love Suzuka as a circuit though.

The BSCC was a fairly normal race for me, I still struggle to get a good lap time with my Mini. I don't know how you fast guys do it. I might have to do some more testing with it next time. I managed to gain a couple of places though.

The FFW race was interesting. I was really pleased with my qualifying lap. The two Jaguars driven by Whisper and Sick overtook me at the start but I passed the slow starting Chaparrals so I was still 5th. The Chaparrals were soon up to speed though and Makovics passed me on the esses, through a gap that I didn't realise I'd left. Then I got to the Degner's my favourite corners on the track. I took my line and then noticed that I was closing on Sick too quickly, I braked but still nudged him. Whisper spun out at that moment too. So I apologise to both if I caused it. I ended up just off track and had a great view of every other car driving passed before I rejoined the race. I didn't drive that well all race in truth and only gained a couple of places despite being in a category 1 car.
Until the last lap... when IfAndOr kindly took a wide line and let me pass and both Flaco and Pimiki had decided to cruise the last lap at 40 mph :)

The Caterham race was another enjoyable one. I drove extra cleanly at the start and was enjoying battling with Sick and If in around 7th place. I lasted 6 laps before I lost it. At least I didn't hit anyone else though. I'd dropped a few places and continued to race. I managed to close in on Maximus for a couple of laps until he lost it on the Esses. Maybe he was having internet issues though as it looked like he bravely kept his foot down, bounced back onto the track briefly and then careered off.
Towards the end I was inevitably going to be lapped. I saw Lex's gold car in my mirrors so I got out of the way. Then the next car coming up behind me, a red car this time, so again I stayed out of the way. It was Daniel though, and I wasn't being lapped I'd lost a position. I was just realising that and looking at the placings on the screen as Flaco flew past in a yellow blur. I was laughing that much that I lost it again for a few corners. Good driving there Daniel, sneaky but good. :)

I really really hate the corvette, might as well drive with comfort hard, I would love it if we (as brought up earlier) could do settings to suspension at least, but then people might tune for tourqe or something sneaky they're not supposed to do. Maybe some future update will fix that.

BSCC in other hand was extremely fun for me with a win for once, spent half the day tuning the Buick for cornering and it paid off good.
I knew I had a big chance winning when I qualified 3 with two minis, knew I would take the start, the front left tire wore out extremely fast though, if it had been one more lap I wouldn't have been able to keep off who ever it was behind in the mini (sorry for not remembering who it was) It looked very frustrating since you obviously was faster in the corners! :-)

And caterham cup was intense as usual, and I fu%*ed up by making last second suspension settings similar to the Buick, wich was very stupid of me! :-)

However I had a good time, and next Sunday I will beat you all, including the cat1 cars with my comfort hard Corvette! :-P

I really really hate the corvette, might as well drive with comfort hard, I would love it if we (as brought up earlier) could do settings to suspension at least, but then people might tune for tourqe or something sneaky they're not supposed to do. Maybe some future update will fix that.

BSCC in other hand was extremely fun for me with a win for once, spent half the day tuning the Buick for cornering and it paid off good.
I knew I had a big chance winning when I qualified 3 with two minis, knew I would take the start, the front left tire wore out extremely fast though, if it had been one more lap I wouldn't have been able to keep off who ever it was behind in the mini (sorry for not remembering who it was) It looked very frustrating since you obviously was faster in the corners! :-)

And caterham cup was intense as usual, and I fu%*ed up by making last second suspension settings similar to the Buick, wich was very stupid of me! :-)

However I had a good time, and next Sunday I will beat you all, including the cat1 cars with my comfort hard Corvette! :-P

Have you tried adding the chassis rigidity to the Corvette - it is recommended for that car and is allowed in a tuning prohibited room. I would like PD to increase the options for Hosts because at the moment it is either tuning prohibited or tuning unlimited. If you can't get on with the Corvette there is an alternative car in Category 2 - the Cobra Chromeline - the Cobra 427 has to be used as one of the 3 cars, but the Corvette or Daytona Coupe can be swapped for a Chromeline Cobra - it is less challenging to drive.

Thanks Daniel and Tony for adding your race impressions - it is always nice to read about the race from another drivers perspective.

Just a heads up on the next series coming up when BSCC and FFW comes to an end - you will need to buy a Toyota 7 which is quite expensive (about 2m credits) and save up some credits for your Trans Am cars - don't buy them yet as car choice will be based on driver performance with the fastest drivers getting a couple of the most challenging cars - full tuning is allowed, but the Toyota 7 will be run tuning prohibited.

Trans Am Poster Final.jpg
Can Am Poster Final Final.jpg

I'll put the thread link up soon - when we get a bit nearer to the time.

Have you tried adding the chassis rigidity to the Corvette - it is recommended for that car and is allowed in a tuning prohibited room. I would like PD to increase the options for Hosts because at the moment it is either tuning prohibited or tuning unlimited. If you can't get on with the Corvette there is an alternative car in Category 2 - the Cobra Chromeline - the Cobra 427 has to be used as one of the 3 cars, but the Corvette or Daytona Coupe can be swapped for a Chromeline Cobra - it is less challenging to drive.

I'll stick with the corvette
But it won't stick too the track. :D (It sure is a tricky car)

And I obviously don't know how to answer correctly either! :-D
The edit button is the one you're looking for. ;)

Nice write up's Tony and Daniel.

@Sick Cylinder - I'm looking forward to getting my Barracuda out. Ooh er!

Are you OK with the results this week @TonyLomas ?

I thought these two short clips might get people in the mood for Sunday's races at Brands Hatch!

Car of the Week

This week it's a road car! Bruce Mclarens vision for a road car - not too practical with it's wide sills for Scotsmen wearing kilts - but a car which I have lusted after ever since I first saw the pictures.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/mclaren-m6gt-1969.300017/

Last edited:
Same here. My TV is broken. :banghead::banghead::banghead: Quite disappointing, considering that during testing with the Chaparral online at Brands Hatch '80s I got many times in the 1:19's and one 1:18.9...

Given I got those times, do I now qualify to be banned from using the Cougar and Camaro in Trans-Am? :dopey:

Great races today. I couldn't keep the R8 in the track in the first race for some reason today... it's really great fun to drive, but just steer a bit too much when cornering and you're immediately facing the other way. At the beginning of the FFW race I hit that sort of invisible pole or something when you're too close to the pit wall trying to overtake the slow starters, so I spun out right at the beginning of the race :lol:, but luckily Flaco pit twice because of fuel. I also accidentally clicked OK right away when pitting so my tank was full when I exit the pit.. wasted a few seconds since I waited a for it to be full, but I ended up winning! I got pretty lucky to win the FFW race despite all the stuff that happened. And I just kept spinning out in the Caterham race :lol:.

Looking forward to next week. Going to miss my cobra after next week's race :(. See you all at the track next week!

Yeah, I didn´t look into the consumption issue on the Corvette until I went in for the pit. Only then I remembered it and didn´t have a clue what to do, of course 30 Liters wasn´t enough for that thirsty b...east! I should have gone with 70 instead... well.

Sorry @Pimasz (Pimiki) for the incident before the finish line, I used hood-cam and I only saw the red arrow on the left side of me, so I thought you'd would pass me from the left.

Last edited:
Same here. My TV is broken. :banghead::banghead::banghead: Quite disappointing, considering that during testing with the Chaparral online at Brands Hatch '80s I got many times in the 1:19's and one 1:18.9...

Given I got those times, do I now qualify to be banned from using the Cougar and Camaro in Trans-Am? :dopey:

Sorry to hear that Ryan - I hope you get your TV fixed soon or get a another one soon. Re the next series - if people haven't raced with us before or don't have a record of performance I will schedule them for a Ford Mustang Mach 1 as their first car - this car is shared by both groups: Aliens and Mortals. Based on your performance in that car I will learn which group you should go in and hence which car choice.

Race Report - Round 9 from Brands Hatch Indy and GP 1980's
I did a lot of miles around the Indy circuit over the last few days testing cars and specs for future championships. The BSCC has been popular and worked well so in Autumn 2015 we will be doing Historic BSCC 2 - a 2 race twin class championship (D & A-C) for cars driven by the BSCC Champions from 1959 - 1965 - it will include the Buick Special (at somewhere between 450 and 500bhp) and the Mini plus 4 new cars to represent the Ford Zephyr, Ford Cortina Lotus, Ford Mustang and Jaguar Mark 2.

Historic BSCC Newest Poster.jpg

I've also been working hard on a better support series for next springs Daytona Coupe Showdown which will be inspired by the Avon Tour of Britain which in 1973 was won by the late great James Hunt driving a Chevrolet Camaro. The Avon Tour was contested by the top rally drivers of the day such as Roger Clark, the cream of the saloon racing world such as Tony Lanfranchi, Bernard Unett, Gerry Marshall and Gordon Spice as well stars from F1 such as Graham Hill and future stars James Hunt and Jody Scheckter. The cars were in rally spec with extra lights as rounds were held at short circuits and rally special stages including night stages. The cars were split into price bands with the top class being for cars costing over £1,500 which included Camaros, BMW 3.0 CSi's and even Maserati powered Citroen SM's! The draft poster is reproduced below:

Avon Tour James Final Poster.jpg

If you stumble across the threads for the above two please bear in mind that they are works in progress so are not accurate yet.

Back to the race report. I found it quite hard to get used to the Buick Special again after testing lots of other cars which had quicker steering, but I was happy to get 6th and really enjoyed the race once I got into the swing of it.

Historic BSCC Results
1st - Flaco - Buick Special
2nd - Makovics - Buick Special
3rd - Lex Lathor - Mini
4th - IfAndOr - Mini
5th - Danielsspel - Buick special
6th - Sick Cylinder - Buick Special
7th - Tony Lomas - Mini
8th - Maximusmonster - Mini
9th - Rehdogg - Renault 8
10th - Racercad - Renault 8
11th - Smiley - Renault 8
12th - Whispercrew - Buick Special - Disconnected

Ford Ferrari Wars
I didn't get time for any practise on the GP circuit, but was happy with qualifying and was running in a safe 4th place when the dreaded pit stop bug struck again and I was trapped in the pits - very frustrating!

The times being set by the top three drivers in Category 1 were astonishing (Smiley, Makovics and Lex Lathor) and the times by the top trio in Category 2 were equally amazing (Rehdogg, Pimiki and Flaco).

The Corvette C2 Race car has a prodigious thirst and as reported by Flaco he had to stop twice for fuel after underfilling at his first stop.

1st - Smiley - Chaparral 2D
2nd - Makovics - Chaparral 2D
3rd - Lex Lathor - Ferrari 330 P4
4th - Rehdogg - Cobra Daytona Coupe - 1st in Category 2
5th - Pimiki - Chromeline Cobra - 2nd in Category 2
6th - Flaco - Corvette - 3rd in Category

Caterham Cup
I overheard one person complaining about the Caterham, but although tricky it is outstanding to drive in the game - it is one of the few cars that we race which I have had the pleasure of driving on track in real life and PD have done an outstanding job - it just needs to be premium and have a better sound. Unfortunately I came off the track a few too many times, but I was very pleased with my fastest lap if not my finishing position.

1st - Makovics
2nd - Flaco
3rd - Lex Lathor
4th - IfAndOr

A word of praise is due for the outstanding results in the first and third race at this meeting by Series Photographer IfAndOr - he used to drive a Hillman Avenger so as a special treat here is a clip featuring 3 time BSCC champion Bernard Unett and his Hillman Avenger competing in the Avon Tour of Britain:

Next Round 10 from Red Bull Ring & Red Bull Ring Mini

Last edited:
Ford? I don´t see a Ford in this picture! ;)
So which car might be representative for the beautiful Vauxhall Viva?

I believe the silver car is a Vauxhall Firenza - sadly most of the cars from the tour in 1973 are not in the game, especially in rally trim. We will be using the Chevrolet Camaro Z28 1969, Alpine A110S, Mitsubishi Lancer and Nissan Bluebird rally cars - the first three lap very closely with a power limit of 350bhp and no weight limit.

Below Avon Tour cars - coming Spring 2015.

Avon Tour cars Final Poster.jpg
BSCC 2 Poster Final GT6 Cars New.jpg

Above Historic BSCC 2 & 3 cars coming Autumn 2015 - NB the Shelby GT350R will be replaced with a Shelby GT350 with bumpers left on to look more like the Alan Mann prepared Mustang used by Roy Pierpoint in 1965.

Last edited:
I believe the silver car is a Vauxhall Firenza - sadly most of the cars from the tour in 1973 are not in the game, especially in rally trim.
Guess you are right, DTV didn't really use the four-doors for racing with the exception of Big Bertha.

The Skyline looks close enough from the front at least, that´ll do. Sometimes one would wish PD was from Britain, we'd probably have what we are looking for. :)

Well remembered Sick. Ah, the Hillman Avenger, happy days. Although that view is probably clouded by the fog of time. I seem to remember it not wanting to run when it was cold and that most of its wings were made of body filler!

Don't worry, all the cars you're after for the new series will be released in an upcoming DLC pack. Complete with a livery editor and a course creator that will allow you to build you some short rally tracks. :sly: If only...

And yes I was quite pleased with my 4ths. I'm on the step leading up to the podium. :D
In the Mini I've adopted the throw it into the corner and power it out approach. And in the Catterham I've tried a different setup which seems to have improved things. Now if I can only get a better start...
I don't think I'll achieve 4th in my Cobra - unless everyone else disconnects!

Thanks for that Tony. If you decide to do the same thing for the new series would you mind renaming it the Horst Kwech Trophy in honour of the great Trans Am racing driver and inventor.

Yep, I will do. Just googled him and he's very worthy. Who knew that playing GT would turn out to be such an education :)

The Jack Sears tables for this round....

Jack Sears Trophy.JPG

Jack Sears Trophy Pt2.JPG

Makovics and Ryan, can you let me know what your driver numbers are please?

Last edited:
A quick summary of my races...
BSCC - Still can't drive the Mini quickly, so qualified last. It's easy to drive though and I kept it on the grey stuff enough to pass people unluckily spinning and sliding in the Renaults. I'm not expecting to do well when it's my turn to drive that! Very happy with my 7th place.

FFW - Completely stuffed up my qualifying laps and started at the back of the grid again. I passed a few category 2 cars and was slowly closing in on the battle between Pimiki and Flaco for a few laps when the lack of talent that caused me to stuff up qualifying struck again! Got back on track and finished 7th again in the end which was fine.

Caterham - Qualified 10th. I like the caterham's I think they look great but I'm not quick with them. I started quite well and made a couple of places. Was later battling with Rehdogg who seemed quick enough to close on me but not quite get passed. My erratic lines probably weren't helping. Then I mistook Makovics for Rehdogg having another go and I didn't move out of his way very quickly to let him lap me. It was only when I saw Flaco in yellow that I realised what was happening and moved off the track. I also noticed that Makovic's Caterham was dark blue and not dark purple like Rehdogg's. Whom I saw pass whilst I got myself going again.
I really hope PD can bring out an update to help with being lapped. Either name tags in your mirror or split times to the people behind you.

All in all another enjoyable classic races day! :)

And now, some pictures...

BSCC - Flaco and Makovics lead the way...

Brands Hatch Indy Circuit '80s.jpg

FFW- After a long battle for the podium positions, including Makovics waiting for Lex after a 'racing incident', and the Chaparral pit crew being quicker than the Ferrari pit crew. Smiley (OneRacer73) held onto his lead to win by 0.517 seconds from Makovics.

Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit '80s.jpg

I didn't have time to take any Caterham pics - Sorry Max ;)
But here's a late pic from last week's Suzuka race. I just liked that Jaguar had cars 58 and 59 in the race together.

Suzuka Circuit.jpg

Guess you are right, DTV didn't really use the four-doors for racing with the exception of Big Bertha.

The Skyline looks close enough from the front at least, that´ll do. Sometimes one would wish PD was from Britain, we'd probably have what we are looking for. :)

Flaco - I've changed the poster to feature James Hunt and his winning Camaro.

Latest Posts

Back