CLASSIC RACING Sundays 17:00-19:00 GMT: "Ford Ferrari Wars" LEX CHAMP by 1 Point!Finished 

I won't be able to drive next Sunday. You should probably demote me to reserve status until the end of the year.

Thanks for letting me know Whisper - hope we see you on track soon.

Great pictures by IfAndOr and Tony Lomas - thanks for posting.

Tony - I agree about the lapping - what I would like to see PD do is add a rear view mirror image into all the driving views options.

You may all have read the news about the GT Academy winners new FIA rankings - I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate them all especially Jann Mardenborough on his Platinum and Alex Buncombe on Gold. Some of you may not be aware that Alex Buncombe, as well driving for Nissan does a lot of Classic racing - I think that when you are as good as Alex you must get a lot of invitations from wealthy owners to race their cars for them - he recently raced an ex Juan Manuel Fangio Jaguar C Type at Monaco, Ford GT40 at Goodwood and have a look at his incredible driving in the JD Classics E Type - from back of the grid to 4th place in the blink of an eye and in a difficult and very valuable car - incredible!

Below Alex driving the ex-Fangio Jaguar C Type - mesmerizing!

PS - Maximusmonster has kindly offered to help me with some car testing for future series - if anyone else would like to do some testing send me a message and I'll let you know the cars, power, weight etc. Note, speed is not important, but the ability to lap your favourite tracks consistently is important. I count the fastest car as a lap time of 0 with the slower cars expressed as +0.5 or the appropriate fractions of a second. We try to find simple enforceable limits which produce cloase lap times across a range of circuits.

Last edited:
Very sorry everyone, but I have decided to leave for CORE Super GT. I'd like to gain more experience and most importantly, speed. Best regards to all. :cheers:

Very sorry everyone, but I have decided to leave for CORE Super GT. I'd like to gain more experience and most importantly, speed. Best regards to all. :cheers:

Good luck Ryan - you're a fast guy - I hope you do well and enjoy your racing.

Reserve slots are available for this Sunday's races and will go to the first to respond!

Last edited:
A little bit last minute - sorry. But I'm not sure if can make it for today's races.

Things may change later so I could be there, maybe for the Caterham's. But please don't hang around waiting for me.

Have fun. 👍

Last edited:
Race Report & Championship Tables - Red Bull Ring + Mini
Don't forget that we change cars next week in Historic BSCC and FFW!

Historic BSCC - Red Bull Ring Mini

As usual I was able to use the big Buick's torque for a quick launch off the line and recovered from a poor qualifying performance, but inevitably slipped back through the field after being passed by the quicker drivers. I lost a lot of time at the Esses, but cannot blame the car as the talented Flaco scored the win with the same type of car. A few regular drivers were missing from the action, but hopefully will join us next week.

1st - Flaco - Buick Special
2nd - Rehdogg - Renault 8
3rd - Smiley - Renault 8
4th - Lex Lathor - Mini

Ford Ferrari Wars - Red Bull Ring
A very poor qualifying from me with only the first lap staying on the tarmac - I had done a lot of testing on the Mini circuit, but paid the price for not having time to do any on the big track. I made up places off the line, but was inevitably passed by the slow starting Chaparral's - unfortunately I got clipped and dropped from 3rd to 7th. The next 10 laps I worked hard to try to recover my position and was very happy to eventually catch sight of and then pass the battling category 2 cars of Rehdogg and Flaco, which were having their usual race long "ding dong". I was happy to score 4th in Category 1, but disappointed to be lapped by the leader Makovics who was absolutely flying in his Chaparral.

1st - Makovics - Chaparral 2D
2nd - Lex Lathor - Ferrari 330 P4
3rd - Smiley - Chaparral 2D
4th - Sick Cylinder - Jaguar XJ13
5th - Rehdogg - Cobra Daytona Coupe - 1st in Category 2
6th - Flaco - Corvette C2 Race Car - 2nd in Category 2

Caterham Cup - Red Bull Ring Mini - "PD Pit Bug"Strikes Again!
The Caterham is a great car for this track and has a lovely feel through the Esses. Sadly the race was ruined for me by the "PD Pit Bug" - when you enter the pits the game traps you and you are stuck until the end of the race. It feels like I'm getting more than my fair share of the dreaded "Pit Bug" but the last three times it has happened I have attempted to alter the fuel fill so in future I will see if it happens less often if you let the game choose the amount of fuel.

1st - Flaco
2nd - Makovics
3rd - Smiley
4th - Rehdogg
5th - Lex Lathor
6th - Racercad
7th - Tony Lomas
8th - Maximusmonster

Championship Tables

Historic BSCC: we can see that Lex Lathor currently leads on 161, followed by Smiley on 131, Flaco 119 and Rehdogg 105. There are 125 points up for grabs in the final 5 rounds and with a change of cars next round almost anything is possible!

Caterham Cup: Flaco leads on 180, followed by Lex on 157, Smiley 142, Makovics 121 and Rehdogg 116. There are 125 points up for grabs in the final 5 rounds.

Championship Tables Poster 1.jpg
Championship Tables Poster 2.jpg

Ford Ferrari Wars - Category 1: Lex Lathor leads on 191, followed by Smiley 173 and Makovics 135. With 125 points available from the next 5 rounds and a change of cars at the next round the championship is at a critical stage.

Ford Ferrari Wars - Category 2: It's tight at the top with Rehdogg on 167 and Flaco 160. Pimiki, Danielsspel and Maximusmonster are realistically battling for 3rd place and are currently on 126, 123 and 116 respectively.

Team Trophy: Sears leads on 413 followed by McGovern on 352 and Whitmore 302. The positions closed up following the last car change and may tighten further with the final car choice.

Sick's Race Room License Categories
Inspired by the FIA race license categories which were recently featured in the GT Planet news section I have introduced license categories for our race room - the purpose of these is to enable the placing of drivers in particular cars if it is appropriate to the series - for example in the upcoming Trans Am series. A Platinum license is achieved by winning a championship. Gold is awarded to drivers who in the opinion of the Host have a consistently high level of speed.

SSR License Grade.jpg

Next Round - Grand Valley East + Grand Valley Speedway (Don't forget change of cars)
To join this series contact Sick_Cylinder. NB this series will be followed by Trans Am and Can Am

Last edited:
Sorry I couldn't make it. :grumpy:

Shame really because I'd actually been practicing offline during the week and was getting some good times in my Mini and Caterham. I'd given up on the Cobra - I counted it as a result if I only finished two laps down!

Hope to be there for Grand Valley. Oh, I've got the Renault!

Gold is awarded to drivers who in the opinion of the Host have a consistently high level of speed.
I can manage a consistently high level of speed. It's the slowing down and going around the corners that sometimes catches me out. :D

Most likely. The main event (FFW) take place at Grand Valley Speedway ( long course) and the side events (BSCC and Cup) on the short layout. This should mean Grand Valley East, if I'm not missing on another existing layout for that track.

Yes - Grand Valley East is correct for the support events - it has now been corrected on thread title and recent posting - thanks for highlighting this Lex and Flaco.

The community feature is finally here guys! It's probably gonna be very helpful and make things eaiser for Sick. I hope at least. Also, apparently the sounds are improved and they echo in tunnels... that should make this round's races better :lol:

The community feature is finally here guys! It's probably gonna be very helpful and make things eaiser for Sick. I hope at least. Also, apparently the sounds are improved and they echo in tunnels... that should make this round's races better :lol:

I hope it will make things easier, but I am not so sure. After playing around with the Community / club features this morning my thoughts so far are not very positive.

There has been no improvement to the range of options available to a Host to control the type of cars entering a room. Although a player can join up to 8 clubs they can only host 1 club.

I have called my club "Sick's Race Room" and will be looking for someone to host the "GTP Classix Club".

The event hosting appears to be for a single event - I didn't see anything to cover hosting a "Meeting" by which I mean a series of races one after the other each to different rules. I have set up a Test meeting called "Historic BSCC" but I won't be using the community feature this Sunday as I think there is a very high risk of chaos!

We will try to use the Community features, but I think it is sensible to let others with wiser heads discover the pitfalls and benefits and post them up onto this site.

So far I have noticed that the descriptors set by PD look very incomplete - as if they are expecting to have to revise them following guidance from us. For example: Tracks - road, dirt or oval, Level - advanced or beginner, Cars - no mention of Classic or Historic at all.

I couldn't find a way of inviting multiple people to the Test event or to join the club - very time consuming if you have a full friends list.

It looks like a promising start, but in typical PD fashion, more of a start than a finished product.

Some very good things in this update - a 4th Sierra event, this time in a GTR which makes the AI appear even slower - and it starts raining, which affects your visibility of the dawdling supercars which sometimes gather in groups of four - it's best to treat this event as if you were taking a relative to the hospital to have a baby - fast, but safe. At the moment Rehdogg is the fastest friend on this one.

The new Subaru VGT car is very nice to drive with a good sound - you win it for completing a lap in the new seasonal. The new BMW I thought you won via a seasonal, but it appears you have to buy it - the safety car light bar is in the aero features. I would rather have the Goodwood safety car for our meetings:

8051303943_837d13273d_b.jpg

5428637846_c5c20f499c_n.jpg

There are plenty of spaces for Whispercrew and other reserve drivers to join us on Sunday. One final piece of good news - Ryan Racer will be returning. If you have any friends who might want to join let them know they will be welcome.

I hope it will make things easier, but I am not so sure. After playing around with the Community / club features this morning my thoughts so far are not very positive.

There has been no improvement to the range of options available to a Host to control the type of cars entering a room. Although a player can join up to 8 clubs they can only host 1 club.

I have called my club "Sick's Race Room" and will be looking for someone to host the "GTP Classix Club".

The event hosting appears to be for a single event - I didn't see anything to cover hosting a "Meeting" by which I mean a series of races one after the other each to different rules. I have set up a Test meeting called "Historic BSCC" but I won't be using the community feature this Sunday as I think there is a very high risk of chaos!

We will try to use the Community features, but I think it is sensible to let others with wiser heads discover the pitfalls and benefits and post them up onto this site.

So far I have noticed that the descriptors set by PD look very incomplete - as if they are expecting to have to revise them following guidance from us. For example: Tracks - road, dirt or oval, Level - advanced or beginner, Cars - no mention of Classic or Historic at all.

I couldn't find a way of inviting multiple people to the Test event or to join the club - very time consuming if you have a full friends list.

It looks like a promising start, but in typical PD fashion, more of a start than a finished product.

Some very good things in this update - a 4th Sierra event, this time in a GTR which makes the AI appear even slower - and it starts raining, which affects your visibility of the dawdling supercars which sometimes gather in groups of four - it's best to treat this event as if you were taking a relative to the hospital to have a baby - fast, but safe. At the moment Rehdogg is the fastest friend on this one.

The new Subaru VGT car is very nice to drive with a good sound - you win it for completing a lap in the new seasonal. The new BMW I thought you won via a seasonal, but it appears you have to buy it - the safety car light bar is in the aero features. I would rather have the Goodwood safety car for our meetings:

8051303943_837d13273d_b.jpg

5428637846_c5c20f499c_n.jpg

There are plenty of spaces for Whispercrew and other reserve drivers to join us on Sunday. One final piece of good news - Ryan Racer will be returning. If you have any friends who might want to join let them know they will be welcome.
Nice idea Sick- When my PS3 is fixed, please put me in your club.

I'm sure once we get the community, up and running it should be okay.
At least we have it now, probably get more options, as we go.

How about the Goodwood track its self, that would be great.

Surprisingly, after a bit of testing I'm really enjoying the Renault Gorblimey. It's a fun little car to throw about.
The Shelby Daytona is also very nice. Unlike the Cobra chromeline, it's actually got some brakes!
And the Caterham is always great.

So overall, looking good. :)

Just a quick check @Sick Cylinder. It's not mentioned so I'm assuming that all the Grand Valley races will be held in the "normal" direction - none reverse?

Last edited:
Last edited:
Surprisingly, after a bit of testing I'm really enjoying the Renault Gorblimey. It's a fun little car to throw about.
The Shelby Daytona is also very nice. Unlike the Cobra chromeline, it's actually got some brakes!
And the Caterham is always great.

So overall, looking good. :)

Just a quick check @Sick Cylinder. It's not mentioned so I'm assuming that all the Grand Valley races will be held in the "normal" direction - none reverse?

Yes - all Sunday's races are in the forward direction.

John and Tony - Renault 8 Gordini - tips - the quickest way to make the car more controllable is to use race hard tyres rear and sports soft tyres on the front. Start the braking gently and progressively with the car in a straight line - it is very rear heavy and this transfers the weight forwards in a controlled way. Brake later than the other BSCC cars (particularly the Buick) and start the turn in late with the brakes still on gently (trail braking).

I'll send you a setup developed by Flaco which will make the car easier to control on race hard tyres front and rear - unfortunately it doesn't turn you into a driving god like Flaco!

Oh Sick, that was very exaggerated . :lol:
I dont remember if it is the setup I used at Spa, which was the best, but I can look into the R8 again and maybe tweak things to suit Grand Valley for you guys, and IfAndOr if he wants.

Edit: damn phone

Edit: @John Wells ; @TonyLomas ; @IfAndOr

Renault 8 Gordini Grand Valley East 1:06,350

90 140
4,50 4,80
6 4
5 6
5 3
1,5 3,5 (still not changeable)
-0,18 0,22

Brake Balance 8 7

Install all power adding parts before you set the gearbox

5,500 - 160km/h (lowest mph on slider) - set gears:
  1. 2,975
  2. 1,975
  3. 1,475
  4. 1,150
  5. 0,925
Highest Gear: 3,600

Tune all up including triple-plate clutch, change oil, all weight reduction, no ballast added, no improved body rgidity.

It should be 515PP

Get practice! It still wants to do circles occasionally, so get as much on track with it as you can to get used to it.

Try to brake on straights, don´t brake too hard. Watch tyre wear, it will behave trickier when they start wearing out because the left side wears faster than right on this track.

I did this with a G27 wheel and set as followed:

ABS 1

Contr. Sens. 0

FFB-torque 4
FFB-sens. 2

Last edited:
Thanks for that Flaco!

While browsing on you tube I came across this great clip which should get you all in the mood for Sundays races - especially if you are using the Renault 8 Gordini. It's yet more evidence of why we need Porsche in this game!

Nice video Sick- It is an video of rally car.

Ruben Zeltner was born in Austria, but it is also german. He's the 2014 Germany Rally and ADAC Masters Champion with this car.

And we really need Porsche's in the game. We're waiting for them since GT3!

And I started making regulations for my future rally championship. You can see them, if you want.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1myFts4Ptgb3Xr6rUA-yKZqBEW5j8O3QrB-clWyErzDs/edit (this is for 1st stage- FF, 10 rounds will be valid for this championship)

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QmXSDQFUm4Z2ewH58VULJ69qXRSGvLey69wb0DpdQqE/edit (this is for the 2nd stage- RR, under developpement)

I hope that it isn't offending. ;)

Thanks for extra info Harsk.

IMPORTANT INFO ON NEW CLUB / COMMUNITY FEATURES

The following is a quote from a post by Jocke:

In "Community mode" you can't change anything unfortunately. Like you said all of the settings are locked.

If you want to be able to change between tracks and alter settings like laps, tyres, PP etcetera you need to host it the "old way" from the regular Online Lobby and not from within the Community section.

Edit - if you want to stay in the Community section you need to close the room each time you want to change track and open up a new one.

From the above it appears that the new feature will not be suitable for our Sunday race meetings.

Don't write it off yet @Sick Cylinder. I think there's more potential there than you may know. (And it may get better)

I've had a bit of a play and a read through the Community Manual and it's not all bad. The manual is worth a look at to get a understanding of the new feature.

Thing's need to be tested and ironed out. I may be also making some wrong conclusions, but my thoughts so far are...

Events - I think it's true that the settings can't be changed when the event is underway. However this is good for you since you can set up each event in advance with all the presets and not have to worry about changing things incorrectly mid meeting. When the event/race is finished move on to the next one. I not sure, but I don't think you even have to be the room owner. In fact once the settings are in place I don't think you need to be there! You could setup an event, go on holiday and anyone in the club can run it (I think). Not sure on this bit now.

And I think club members can practice the event using the settings prior to the race.
You can also save the settings for reuse to your system.

*Also there's a neat feature that when the race is finished the results (and qualifying) are automatically added to the event thread! So anyone can access them from their PS3. And since the thread is race specific, comments added by members will be about that race only.

In "Community mode" you can't change anything unfortunately. Like you said all of the settings are locked. if you want to stay in the Community section you need to close the room each time you want to change track and open up a new one.

Not if you create a room in the club lobby. Any club member can create a race room within there and all settings are available (it's just the prearranged events that are locked down). So if there are event problems you could run the whole race meeting from there as normal. And the benefit of this is only club members can join. There would not be any members of the "public" entering who do not understand the word Private! Also people on your friends list who might just pop in couldn't - unless they join the club.
It's the people who are entering and exiting who sometimes destabilise the room, causing problems for those in it.

From the above it appears that the new feature will not be suitable for our Sunday race meetings.
Actually I would think the Community Club Lobby is the best way to go. With it's limited access, it's certainly an improvement on a ordinary open lobby. Please note this is not a friends only or locked to room owner mode.
That is until we have nailed down the race events with a bit of testing - they could work really quite well when sorted.

You can also create up to eight forums Sick. One might be useful for news of upcoming events. Another for discussions on cars, settings etc. And so on. It may help to keep the GTP thread "cleaner". They can be accessed by PC as well.

So fairly positive really. Now if we can get PD to fix some of the problems when you're actually online, we'd all be happy.

Last edited:
So I thought that you all might be wondering where I am? Well I'm downstairs about 20 steps away from my ps3, since my wife decided to work tonight and left me to take care of our 2 year old who doesn't know how to take care of himself. He actually really likes GT, but not enough to sit totally still and mesmerized for two hours, probably not even two minutes, which would make me drive very twitchy when driving, for that matter the car would probably drive around by itself being in everyones way from the fact that I had to jump out of the chair and forgot to pause in order to stop Vincent from falling down the stairs or something equally horrible!

Well now you know why I can't make it. That's my report for this weekend's race

How would you call this one? Caterham, after first turn:

Looking at the replay in my "normal" view, it looks like Sick came from nowhere and rammed me three times and out of the race.

On the other hand, looking from Sick's exterior view, it looks like I cut him off.

I don't know enough about racing rules to know who's at fault. Opinions?

I'm not asking this to cast blame--I'm asking so I can learn.

Frankly, I spend 99% of my GT6 time doing seasonal time trials so I am probably not as aware of other cars as I should be.

How would you call this one? Caterham, after first turn:

Looking at the replay in my "normal" view, it looks like Sick came from nowhere and rammed me three times and out of the race.

On the other hand, looking from Sick's exterior view, it looks like I cut him off.

I don't know enough about racing rules to know who's at fault. Opinions?

I'm not asking this to cast blame--I'm asking so I can learn.

Frankly, I spend 99% of my GT6 time doing seasonal time trials so I am probably not as aware of other cars as I should be.
Well, Sick may have suffered a lag....

Everyone makes mistakes and it is doubly embarrassing for the Host when he makes them - I don't know what happened yet, but will review the replay and post the race report later this morning.

I will ask Lex Lathor and IfAndOr to look at the incident in the Caterham race and comment privately to Whisper and Sick Cylinder.

Until then - Congratulations to Ryan on a great win in the Chaparral!

Last edited:
Back