CLASSIC RACING Sundays 17:00-19:00 GMT: "Ford Ferrari Wars" LEX CHAMP by 1 Point!Finished 

I like to drive bit more aggressive, late braking/steering pretty wide in the corner entry, then throttle/wheel combo with little oversteer and exit corner...
Very hard for me to do this with classics (old cars), but this category is uuauu ;)đź‘Ť;)
All four cars in cat.1 are awesome, they are all great in any perspective.
I think that those stock/untuned cars are just awesome, FFB is awesome, can properly feel the car weight and actions. (Chevy C2 problem)

My choice - driving feel:

1. Jaguar XJ13
2. Chaparral 2D
3. Ferrari 330 P4
4. Ford MK IV (little to sharp in front otherwise great)

Cornering speed:

1. Chaparral 2D
2. Ferrari 330 P4
3. Jaguar XJ13
4. Ford MK IV (did not test so much but a bit slower app. 10km/h every corner)

Top speed: Nordschleife all three between 310 and 320 km/h (forgot about Ford sorry)

Try them at Deep Forest - they are absolutely awesome there!

IfAndOr and I did some more testing of the Ford GT 40 road car and the pit stop problem with that car is even worse in a race situation - at Willow Springs when he entered behind me in a Cobra the Ford lost 38 seconds in one pit stop to the Cobra - when I followed him into the pits I lost 1 minute and 8 seconds to the Cobra in one pit stop!

So we made the right decision to delete it from the car choice list!

We will use the Ford GT40 in a one make championship in 2015 on standard settings, but no pit stops - it is such an iconic car and great on standard settings it deserves to be used and scrubbing the pit stops will prevent problems.

Agree awesome cars.
Will do some testing in Deep Forest - please let me know if you will drive and also like company on the track.
Free for a few days now so have time vroooom ;):cheers:

Try them at Deep Forest - they are absolutely awesome there!

IfAndOr and I did some more testing of the Ford GT 40 road car and the pit stop problem with that car is even worse in a race situation - at Willow Springs when he entered behind me in a Cobra the Ford lost 38 seconds in one pit stop to the Cobra - when I followed him into the pits I lost 1 minute and 8 seconds to the Cobra in one pit stop!

So we made the right decision to delete it from the car choice list!

We will use the Ford GT40 in a one make championship in 2015 on standard settings, but no pit stops - it is such an iconic car and great on standard settings it deserves to be used and scrubbing the pit stops will prevent problems.
Sick, the tests were made offline or online?

Just to confuse things - After Sick had gone I dug out my un-tuned anniversary GT40 and ran a few race laps in a online room I'd created and couldn't reproduce the pit stop glitch! The beast ran in and out of the pits without a problem (Willow Springs & Laguna)
The anniversary model has a little more power (335hp/374hp) but otherwise it should be the same. I was running on Sport Hard tyres (good fun) but that shouldn't make a difference?
Very strange. :odd:

I also noticed that if you use (slip) the clutch it will accelerate much quicker from a standing start. Just as long as you don't stall it! This is also possibly true of the other low geared cars (Chaparral?).
This doesn't help those without a clutch though. :dopey:

Just to confuse things - After Sick had gone I dug out my un-tuned anniversary GT40 and ran a few race laps in a online room I'd created and couldn't reproduce the pit stop glitch! The beast ran in and out of the pits without a problem (Willow Springs & Laguna)
The anniversary model has a little more power (335hp/374hp) but otherwise it should be the same. I was running on Sport Hard tyres (good fun) but that shouldn't make a difference?
Very strange. :odd:

I also noticed that if you use (slip) the clutch it will accelerate much quicker from a standing start. Just as long as you don't stall it! This is also possibly true of the other low geared cars (Chaparral?).
This doesn't help those without a clutch though. :dopey:

I'll try it again. When I tested on my own I had the pit stop glitch with both the standard GT40 and the Anniversary model (NB my Anniversary model has the wrong sound sample - sounds terrible!).

What would happen if the specs were tested offline?
I tried offline first and it was OK. This prompted me to try online - with the same results.

I'll try it again. When I tested on my own I had the pit stop glitch with both the standard GT40 and the Anniversary model (NB my Anniversary model has the wrong sound sample - sounds terrible!).
Not sure on the sounds, since I haven't heard the "normal" one properly. Didn't sound too bad though.

Yours was definitely slow. I'll try and catch you online and have another go with my GT40 in your room. It all seems a bit strange.

Could it be matter of some assist like tractio control? Just guessing...
After further testing what seems to cause the problem is the fitting of race hard tyres! If fitted with sport soft and below it's fine.
The extra grip and the low gearing on the untuned car, strangely seems to prevent it from correctly entering and exiting the pits.

The GT40 handles quite nicely on SS tyres, but there may be a slight disadvantage against those cars on RH tyres. Perhaps it could be limited to SS for the proposed one make championship.

(Sick - Have you tested pitting with the other road car & RH combinations? Just in case.)

Last edited:
After further testing what seems to cause the problem is the fitting of race hard tyres! If fitted with sport soft and below it's fine.
The extra grip and the low gearing on the untuned car, strangely seems to prevent it from correctly entering and exiting the pits.

The GT40 doesn't handle too badly on SS tyres, but there may be a slight disadvantage against those cars on RH tyres. Perhaps it could be limited to SS for the proposed one make championship.

(Sick - Have you tested pitting on the other road car & RH combinations? Just in case.)

I'll do a bit more testing later today.

Added by edit - completed testing - the other cars are fine on pit entry and exit.

There is another problem - when the room is set to tuning prohibited it doesn't let all the cars in even when they haven't been tuned - I have read that this is caused by the 1.09 update altering the standard suspension settings on some cars such that the settings on them prior to the update are no longer accepted as standard and have to be reset. I can't get one of my GT40's or the Chromeline Cobra into the room when it is tuning prohibited. I have tried buying the custom suspension, resetting it to default then reinstalling the standard suspension - as directed on GT Planet, but still no joy - perhaps you wouldn't mind doing a bit of research on this IfAndOr, because obviously we want people to be able to get their cars into the race!

I tested the GT40 again and noticed that there is definitely a programming fault such that it doesn't start to accelerate off the start above 16mph until it reaches the same point on the pit lane where it is programmed to accelerate. Very odd as it will accelerate 0-100mph at other tracks in 11.17 seconds (slower than other cars because of the higher first gear, but much faster than at Laguna).

The GT40 has a very special feel on RH rear and SS front - a very edgy almost out of control feel with strong force feedback through the wheel which makes it a joy to drive - this is lost without the RH rears. I won't run this car until PD fix the bugs with it.

Last edited:
Ford Ferrari Wars New Poster.jpg
BSCC Poster.jpg
Caterham Cup Poster.jpg

Meet, greet and car test / check 7th September - Championship Racing starts 14th September

I would like to have another go at this, if you'll have me! But I'm likely to miss about every third weekend. Is that tolerable?

PS, I own all of the cars for the series, and need to put some miles on the odometer.

Yes - you are welcome back Jbaffoh - as you have all the cars I'll put you down for Category 1 in the main event racing 3 of the 4 prototypes. Will you be Ford, Jaguar and Ferrari or will you swap one of those for the Chaparral?

If you can join us for the last two rounds of "Cobra Ferrari Wars" that would be good. IfAndOr currently has a PS3 problem so you could take over his cars - Cobra at 460bhp max and 844kg min in the main event and a Mercedes 300 SL in World Classics at 315bhp max and 1160kg min. We are also using a TVR V8S with a max tune (lovely to drive) and finish the meeting with a brief race in the Senna 97T - standard, but limited to 800bhp (sounds good, but a beast which many don't stay around for).

View attachment 176756

Our 24 Round Classic Racing Series will come to an end on 31st August and will be replaced with a new series of 15 Round Championships commencing September 14th 2014 with a test / meet and greet day on Sunday 7th September at 17:00 BST. The championships will finish on Sunday 21st December 2014. I am now accepting sign ups. Anyone currently racing in our existing series which include: World Classic Cars, Cobra Ferrari Wars, One Make and Senna Tribute will automatically be signed up for the new championships NB there is currently only one vacant slot plus reserve driver slots as that championship is currently almost full. Car choice will be based on the points achieved in the Cobra Ferrari Wars championship - we currently have one vacancy and any clean driving, classic car fans are welcome - young or old, fast or slow, novice or expert - all will be given a warm welcome.

The main event will be for Historic Le Mans cars which competed in the 1960's and will be titled "Ford Ferrari Wars". This will be supported by Historic BSCC cars from the 1960's and early 1970's (now known as BTCC) - this race will be held before the main event. Additional support will be provided by a one make series featuring the Caterham Fireblade - to be held after the main event.

Please raise any queries with me (Sick_Cylinder) via GT Planet message as I want to try to keep this thread free of clutter until racing starts.

View attachment 171849

View attachment 171850

View attachment 180457

Some of us have been racing together for several years (since the start of GT5), but racers come and go and we are always looking to recruit new members. If you want to get a flavour check out the classic thread for our current championships. You will be welcome to join us in that or you could just watch part of a meeting - we might be too slow for you - there are no potential GT Academy winners in our group - just like minded enthusiasts who can't afford to race cars for real!

This clip gives you a taste of a 1964 BSCC Race - well worth a look!

This clip is an excellent documentary of the 1960 Le Mans race told from the viewpoint of the class winning Briggs Cunningham Corvette Team (8th Overall). Well worth 35 minutes of any car nuts time!

Main Classic thread link: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...bra-ferrari-wars-senna-tribute.303368/page-16

Now I feel old seeing my first car in that race memories

Yes - you are welcome back Jbaffoh - as you have all the cars I'll put you down for Category 1 in the main event racing 3 of the 4 prototypes. Will you be Ford, Jaguar and Ferrari or will you swap one of those for the Chaparral?

If you can join us for the last two rounds of "Cobra Ferrari Wars" that would be good. IfAndOr currently has a PS3 problem so you could take over his cars - Cobra at 460bhp max and 844kg min in the main event and a Mercedes 300 SL in World Classics at 315bhp max and 1160kg min. We are also using a TVR V8S with a max tune (lovely to drive) and finish the meeting with a brief race in the Senna 97T - standard, but limited to 800bhp (sounds good, but a beast which many don't stay around for).
Ford, Jag and Ferrari sound good!

I can fill in for If on August 24, but I'll be away on the 31st.

Ford, Jag and Ferrari sound good!

I can fill in for If on August 24, but I'll be away on the 31st.

Thanks Jbaffoh - I have put you down for Ford, Jaguar and Ferrari.

We had 14 racers last Sunday and a couple of absent friends - I am confident that we have room for you and ukmalb. It's worth being prompt - last Sunday we had everyone in the room by 5 minutes to so were able to get started on time.

Ukmalb - I presume that your first car was a Mini, if so I am sure you have many happy memories!

I don't have enough money for the normal Daytona Coupe but I can use my 15th Anniversary car or the Corvette Race Car or the Cobra. I'll not use the Art Morrison Corvette.

I don't have enough money for the normal Daytona Coupe but I can use my 15th Anniversary car or the Corvette Race Car or the Cobra. I'll not use the Art Morrison Corvette.

Thanks - I'll put you down for Category 2: Cobra, Corvette C2 Race Car and Daytona Coupe (Anniversary).

Look, I was guessing one thing: If the GT40 would be in car selection and if the drivers of GT40 would not make an pit stop while the others would do, it would be unfair to other cars, right?

Look, I was guessing one thing: If the GT40 would be in car selection and if the drivers of GT40 would not make an pit stop while the others would do, it would be unfair to other cars, right?

We aren't using the GT40 in this championship - I will discuss with you privately what I am planning for the GT40 in the future as I don't want to clutter this thread with more discussion about a car we are not using.

INFORMATION - for all Racers and Readers

If your Online Experience has been Hell on Wheels

roadracers Hell on Wheels.jpg

Try GTP CLASSIX Club
GTP Classix Club.jpg

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-no-membership-necessary-hosts-wanted.314899/

We aren't using the GT40 in this championship - I will discuss with you privately what I am planning for the GT40 in the future as I don't want to clutter this thread with more discussion about a car we are not using.

INFORMATION - for all Racers and Readers

If your Online Experience has been Hell on Wheels

View attachment 208996

Try GTP CLASSIX Club
View attachment 208997

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-no-membership-necessary-hosts-wanted.314899/
OK Sick.

I will be in category 1: Ford mk4, Chapparral and the Cobra Daytona Coupe

Still 4 mill away from MK4, but the latest Seasonals make it easy enough đź‘Ť

Thanks Bergele

A quick plug for the attention of everyone - GTP Classix Club is now offering several great series during the week - Wednesdays Classic Mini racing with fergusMik, Thursdays Pre 1970 500PP racing with SmileyWRX and if you fancy driving great handling cars for a change try Super GT500 with 3LV10 - their regulars include the current worlds fastest GT6 GT500 driver!

Please show your support by entering or hosting a race series if you can!

Last edited:
If I register what will my reserve status be?

I am not taking on any more reserves at the moment, but will review this following the meeting on 14th September.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION for all racers planning to use Cobra 427 or Chromeline in Category 1 OR Category 2!

In order to increase the authenticity of the race pictures I have made some changes today to Cobra colours and wheel details - I have decided to make the cars used replicas of famous cars - please refer to the detailed guidance in the second post on page 1 of the thread and the following poster which is reproduced here.

Cobra Colour Guidance Poster.jpg

For Category 1 - Metallic Mountain Green is a colour obtained by purchasing a Chevrolet El Camino and the wheel colour - Metallic Moondust Silver is obtained by purchasing a Ford Ka '01.

For Category 2 - Metallic Metropolis Blue and Metallic Moondust Silver are colours obtained by purchasing Ford Ka's 01.

Last edited:
I am not taking on any more reserves at the moment, but will review this following the meeting on 14th September.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION for all racers planning to use Cobra 427 or Chromeline in Category 1 OR Category 2!

In order to increase the authenticity of the race pictures I have made some changes today to Cobra colours and wheel details - I have decided to make the cars used replicas of famous cars - please refer to the detailed guidance in the second post on page 1 of the thread and the following poster which is reproduced here.

View attachment 212632

For Category 1 - Metallic Mountain Green is a colour obtained by purchasing a Chevrolet El Camino and the wheel colour - Metallic Moondust Silver is obtained by purchasing a Ford Ka '01.

For Category 2 - Metallic Metropolis Blue and Metallic Moondust Silver are colours obtained by purchasing Ford Ka's 01.
Nice replicas Sick! As I'm competing category 2 (category 1 is too expensive for me), my Cobra will have to be painted in Blue... Actually as I said, I'm reserving my self an #2 number in FFW only. In BSCC, I would reserve myself an number #11...

Nice replicas Sick! As I'm competing category 2 (category 1 is too expensive for me), my Cobra will have to be painted in Blue... Actually as I said, I'm reserving my self an #2 number in FFW only. In BSCC, I would reserve myself an number #11...

Thanks - The 1963 AC Cobra of Ninian Sanderson and Peter Bolton won its class and came 7th overall at le Mans, used steel wheels with knock off hubs and a fastback hardtop to increase speed. The 1964 Fraissinet Mortemart Cobra used a conventional hardtop and silver wire wheels (some race photos show dark blue or black painted wire wheels - the team would have had many wheels in the pits and used more than one colour during the race - we are sticking with silver, but if I have multiple people using that car I will introduce black and dark blue wheel options). The 1964 Cobra is historic because it was the last time that a Cobra competed at le Mans.

Hopefully you get a new PS3 or your old one repaired soon so that you can join the action!

Unfortunately it is not possible to fit numbers to any of the cars used in the Historic BSCC - even though the Renault 8 Gordini is a premium car and new to GT6 - for some strange reason you cannot change its colour, wheels or fit a race number. Also - people can only use one number in my championships otherwise it complicates administration for the host.

Thanks - The 1963 AC Cobra of Ninian Sanderson and Peter Bolton won its class and came 7th overall at le Mans, used steel wheels with knock off hubs and a fastback hardtop to increase speed. The 1964 Fraissinet Mortemart Cobra used a conventional hardtop and silver wire wheels (some race photos show dark blue or black painted wire wheels - the team would have had many wheels in the pits and used more than one colour during the race - we are sticking with silver, but if I have multiple people using that car I will introduce black and dark blue wheel options). The 1964 Cobra is historic because it was the last time that a Cobra competed at le Mans.

Hopefully you get a new PS3 or your old one repaired soon so that you can join the action!

Unfortunately it is not possible to fit numbers to any of the cars used in the Historic BSCC - even though the Renault 8 Gordini is a premium car and new to GT6 - for some strange reason you cannot change its colour, wheels or fit a race number. Also - people can only use one number in my championships otherwise it complicates administration for the host.
You welcome. I hope that I can get my PS3 fixed in this year... When the repair is done, I'll rejoin back. Renault 8 Gordini cannot have racing numbers because it is an rally car. Ah, if I can use only 1 number, then put me as #2, please.

You welcome. I hope that I can get my PS3 fixed in this year... When the repair is done, I'll rejoin back. Renault 8 Gordini cannot have racing numbers because it is an rally car. Ah, if I can use only 1 number, then put me as #2, please.

I think I have you as 96 at the moment.

The Renault 8 Gordini was also a circuit race car, which presumably is why it comes as standard with race hard tyres - to be consistent with other race and rally cars I would have expected them to either fit a blank roundel or a race number.

A quick reminder to other racers to let me have your car choices for the "Ford Ferrari Wars"

Back