Clean Standard Cars(Semi Premium Cars)

They will. PD has already improved quite a few of the standards from GT5 to GT6. They will get better and better with each released game. Eventually all the cars will be premiums hopefully by GT8 or GT9. 👍

Having to wait 15 years to achieve the same consistency as every other game hardly deserves a thumbs up. And assuming GT9 is on the PS5 (based on the pattern of two GTs every generation), by that point the current premiums will become standards and the cycle will repeat. So really it's an endless dilemma if PD decides to go down that road forever.

But since all of this is blind conjecture about something at least a decade away, I'm just going to stop myself right now.

But if the Standard cars are gone, then Formula GT has to be gone too :(
There is nothing preventing them from going through the standards list and making premium versions of iconic or otherwise important cars. One would hope if standards are ever dropped, it'll be accompanied by a little forethought.

Looks like it's nothing for you then...

I'm really curious why so many hard nosed people decide to hang around and remind GT Planet that they aren't playing anymore, they're done, lights out, game over. It would be like me invading every Grand Theft Auto thread and posting relentlessly that the whole game series should be thrown into the recycle bin for glorifying gang violence, a whole slew of vices, and crime. And who would like that crap anyway? Which really is my stand on GTA. But you only know it when I state it, because I don't think it would have any sort of positive outcome if I did invade those threads.

With GT5, I had about fifteen grouches on my list, and after more than half a year away from it, it's hard to remember most of them. I didn't make myself a pest about them. I mentioned them a few times early on, because this place became quite the hoard of restless natives about almost every flaw, and I didn't feel like piling on. Because in spite of my fifteen gripes, the dozens of other things were pretty darn awesome. I would mention them in more serious threads that were more critical than angry, but those serious threads became rarer, and eventually, GT6 was coming so I pinned my hopes on it.

Here it is, and it's not perfect either. I'll voice my complaints and wishes periodically, my wishes more because I'm wishing for GT7's sake. I don't have an unbending hardline attitude about it, no "If GT6 and 7 don't have my wishes fulfilled, I'm leaving." Have enough sense to know that five million sales minus Ten D's won't make any difference, and enough honesty to acknowledge that Gran Turismo doesn't really have a satisfactory alternative, not for me. Some insist that GRID, Drive Club, Forza, Assetto Corsa or P CARS are that alternative, perhaps a better game. Sure, entirely possible. But if history follows suit, they won't set any sales records because they won't have the same appeal to gamers in general. And demanding that PD gives me the Gran Turismo I want or I'm out will... just leave me out. And I don't want out. This series is just too good.

If some of you want out, that's okay. I just hope you go all the way and don't hang around to remind us endlessly that you're so outta here. ;)

I'm really curious why so many hard nosed people decide to hang around and remind GT Planet that they aren't playing anymore, they're done, lights out, game over. It would be like me invading every Grand Theft Auto thread and posting relentlessly that the whole game series should be thrown into the recycle bin for glorifying gang violence, a whole slew of vices, and crime. And who would like that crap anyway? Which really is my stand on GTA. But you only know it when I state it, because I don't think it would have any sort of positive outcome if I did invade those threads.

With GT5, I had about fifteen grouches on my list, and after more than half a year away from it, it's hard to remember most of them. I didn't make myself a pest about them. I mentioned them a few times early on, because this place became quite the hoard of restless natives about almost every flaw, and I didn't feel like piling on. Because in spite of my fifteen gripes, the dozens of other things were pretty darn awesome. I would mention them in more serious threads that were more critical than angry, but those serious threads became rarer, and eventually, GT6 was coming so I pinned my hopes on it.

Here it is, and it's not perfect either. I'll voice my complaints and wishes periodically, my wishes more because I'm wishing for GT7's sake. I don't have an unbending hardline attitude about it, no "If GT6 and 7 don't have my wishes fulfilled, I'm leaving." Have enough sense to know that five million sales minus Ten D's won't make any difference, and enough honesty to acknowledge that Gran Turismo doesn't really have a satisfactory alternative, not for me. Some insist that GRID, Drive Club, Forza, Assetto Corsa or P CARS are that alternative, perhaps a better game. Sure, entirely possible. But if history follows suit, they won't set any sales records because they won't have the same appeal to gamers in general. And demanding that PD gives me the Gran Turismo I want or I'm out will... just leave me out. And I don't want out. This series is just too good.

If some of you want out, that's okay. I just hope you go all the way and don't hang around to remind us endlessly that you're so outta here. ;)

Yes it's incredibly unreasonable of us to ask that Sony's best selling video game franchise should stop using assets from 10 years ago when every other racing game from the last 5 years have been able to actually make their car models instead of just recycling their assets from TWO generations ago. EVEN COD HAS A NEW ENGINE NOW!

EDIT: OK after the Gamescom trailer it appears that COD is still being pumped out in an engine from 1999's Quake III. *this is why the mainstream media still see video games as 8 bit Mario and Sonic*

Last edited:

The standard car issue is a minor one for me. So the "I'm outta here" position does appear extreme, but I can fully relate to the sentiment.
Sooner or later each player must draw a line somewhere.
Like the old political saying, "it just depends on whose Ox is being gored".

"Not perfect".
How about, "its not even close".
Seems to be the accumulative effect with GT 5 and 6.
One of my Oxs was the endurance races.
As disappointing as GT5 was, it did have those.
I haven't played GT6 since I discovered they where nixed.

For the first time, I have practically no confidence that GT7,
will redeem the series and wow us with a return to the quality and quantity, it once possessed.
The premium car Ox has already been gored, and the game isn't even close to release.
Not exactly a big confidence booster for the rest of us.
Maybe you meant to say, "it used to be so good".
This time I will remain on the sidelines when GT7 is released.
If it is just another pared down version of 5 and 6, I will have to join the ranks of the "I'm outta here" group as well.

Leave the standard cars how they are because the cars are not hurting anybody or anything.
👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍
Very sorry about thumb's up.

Since standards are staying for GT7, this is by far our best bet to have an entire game of good looking car models.

Please keep the semi-premium cars. At least, PD is making an effort to upgrade the standard cars to premium.

Ex: If Lotus Elan S1 is going to be premium then I recommend PD to change the Elan 1600'62.

893.jpg

On the top of the trunk it says: "Lotus Elan 1600". So this picture proves that it is an Elan 1600, not an S1.

And another thing- I'm trying not to be disrespectfull: But it's my opinion.

Leave the standard cars how they are because the cars are not hurting anybody or anything.
I'm not quite that lackadaisical about them. I do want them improved, and I eventually want them all to be Premiums. I want them to be damageable and Race Moddable and liveriable and all that stuff, so I want a bunch of them improved enough to allow that level of detail.

Maybe you meant to say, "it used to be so good".
I know that everyone has their own "drawn line," and some say that GT6 crossed it to explain the poor sales. But I've read articles to indicate that GT6 is selling like tacos compared to most every last gen game not called GTA, so I don't take any claims about how the fans are dumping on it too seriously. Sales of much lauded games like GRID are abysmal. Is it because racing fans are rejecting the bad bot behavior as I do? Or because it's a niche game at best suffering through release on an obsolete console? A case could be made for the first situation, but most likely it's the second.

Clearly a bunch of you are miffed at GT6, as well as PD, which means wait n see on GT7 or no sale at all. Oh well, it's a game, it's a flagship series, it's most likely going to thrive in the new market even if a million die hard fans have jumped ship no matter what. People want others to share in the joy they feel for certain common loves, and games like Assetto Corsa and P CARS get pretty heavily evangelized around here. I understand that, I'm something of a human myself. But at the end of the day, if someone doesn't buy GT7 or AC or P CARS or GA or whatever, the world won't end and we'll still be enjoying our chosen piece of racing software.

But I've read articles to indicate that GT6 is selling like tacos compared to most every last gen game not called GTA, so I don't take any claims about how the fans are dumping on it too seriously. Sales of much lauded games like GRID are abysmal. Is it because racing fans are rejecting the bad bot behavior as I do? Or because it's a niche game at best suffering through release on an obsolete console? A case could be made for the first situation, but most likely it's the second.

Clearly a bunch of you are miffed at GT6, as well as PD, which means wait n see on GT7 or no sale at all. Oh well, it's a game, it's a flagship series, it's most likely going to thrive in the new market even if a million die hard fans have jumped ship no matter what. People want others to share in the joy they feel for certain common loves, and games like Assetto Corsa and P CARS get pretty heavily evangelized around here. I understand that, I'm something of a human myself. But at the end of the day, if someone doesn't buy GT7 or AC or P CARS or GA or whatever, the world won't end and we'll still be enjoying our chosen piece of racing software.
Of course you have some links to these articles about how GT6 is selling like tacos (whatever that means).

Grid/PCars/AC are lauded, and rightfully so, for their gameplay and/or graphics and/or options etc. Sales mean nothing to me if the game sucks.

I know that everyone has their own "drawn line," and some say that GT6 crossed it to explain the poor sales. But I've read articles to indicate that GT6 is selling like tacos compared to most every last gen game not called GTA, so I don't take any claims about how the fans are dumping on it too seriously. Sales of much lauded games like GRID are abysmal. Is it because racing fans are rejecting the bad bot behavior as I do? Or because it's a niche game at best suffering through release on an obsolete console? A case could be made for the first situation, but most likely it's the second.
https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/bandwagon

I know that everyone has their own "drawn line," and some say that GT6 crossed it to explain the poor sales. But I've read articles to indicate that GT6 is selling like tacos compared to most every last gen game not called GTA, so I don't take any claims about how the fans are dumping on it too seriously. Sales of much lauded games like GRID are abysmal. Is it because racing fans are rejecting the bad bot behavior as I do? Or because it's a niche game at best suffering through release on an obsolete console? A case could be made for the first situation, but most likely it's the second..

Thing is, Grid as a franchise never sold as well as Gran Turismo. You can't simply take two racing games and call it an apples-to-apples comparison. Just because GT6 is outselling Grid Autosport doesn't mean it isn't falling short of expectations set by its predecessors.

So now its, "blame it on the PS3."
A great game, is a great game, no matter what console its on.
Example: GT4 on PS2.
The console is irrelevant.
Most likely, you are embracing a baseless excuse.

There's a whole list of boogeymen, didn't you know?

There's the PS3, Sony of course, the internetz, whining people at GTP made them drop the camera shake in the cockpit in case you didn't know, Japanese culture, the earthquake a while back, budget constraints, etc. etc. etc. All kinds of reasons why we can't get a good game from PD according to Mr. D.:lol:

GT6 is only selling more than GA because it has probably 50X the marketing budget of GA. It's plastered all over the PS store whereas I can't remember a single TV ad for GA. That's why COD sells every year, they can advertise during the Super Bowl and Champions League and pretty much every other major event in the last month before release.

GT6 is only selling more than GA because it has probably 50X the marketing budget of GA. It's plastered all over the PS store whereas I can't remember a single TV ad for GA. That's why COD sells every year, they can advertise during the Super Bowl and Champions League and pretty much every other major event in the last month before release.
What does GA mean?

PD, if you delete the standard cars, then keep the semi-premium ones at least. Please!

Just kidding: PD, do not delete the standard cars, please! We need them!

This times 1,000,000 case closed seriously the only way I find out about Codemasters games is through this site, or sites like PSU.com and other just random sites that do reviews on the games, and sometimes that's rare.

If Codies had the backing of PD I think if anyone had the backing of PD right now they would be history or at least actually have to work on something.

I think they will simply continue upgrading many of the current standards to full premiumsfor gt7, like the cizeta, europa, countach.. etc. All the while some will be touch ups like the AE86.

It would only make sense being that they plan to keep all of the cars. It would be more convenient to update existing models, instead of an addition of 200 NEW (cars that have never been in the series) premiums toward the list.

Amazon Top 100 PS 3 Games

I've been peeking at this list for the past few days out of curiosity, and Gran Turismo 6 and 5, in that order, have been consistently selling above position 65. Curious. ;) In fact, they have been the only racing games in Amazon's Top 100 list. GT6 yesterday afternoon made #29 for a while. You may insist that any Gran Turismo should be in the Top 10 regardless, or whatever barometer you care to set. And I suppose that saying GT6 is "selling like tacos" is a bad choice of words, but given the PS3 market, even GT5 is doing amazingly well.

But what can't be denied is that this game has been put in the unenviable position of having to remain relevant in the dwindling days of a last gen market, when the entire gaming world has shifted focus to the new tech on the block. The other thing which can't be ignored is that when American gamers mouse to that ADD TO CART button for a racing game, their primary choice, in fact choices, are Gran Turismo. It may be a different matter in Europe, but I'm doubtful.

Last edited:
Amazon Top 100 PS 3 Games

I've been peeking at this list for the past few days out of curiosity, and Gran Turismo 6 and 5, in that order, have been consistently selling above position 65. Curious. ;) In fact, they have been the only racing games in Amazon's Top 100 list. GT6 yesterday afternoon made #29 for a while. You may insist that any Gran Turismo should be in the Top 10 regardless, or whatever barometer you care to set. And I suppose that saying GT6 is "selling like tacos" is a bad choice of words, but given the PS3 market, even GT5 is doing amazingly well.

But what can't be denied is that this game has been put in the unenviable position of having to remain relevant in the dwindling days of a last gen market, when the entire gaming world has shifted focus to the new tech on the block. The other thing which can't be ignored is that when American gamers mouse to that ADD TO CART button for a racing game, their primary choice, in fact choices, are Gran Turismo. It may be a different matter in Europe, but I'm doubtful.

Only because only racing games out there are your NFS and that's really it seriously I can't even think of other racing games I was interested with on PS3 in 2013 or this year besides NFS and GT, but once GT comes to PS4 that will be a brand new matter entirely. Because they may have some competition it won't be the same as year's past.

Even looking at most reviews some people saying it's the same as GT6 without B-spec and such.

Back